FTA-TV Gladiators returning to TV

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Gladiators

Haha you ****ing serious?

Made my day. They better have Mike Whitney back.

was reading it in the Newspaper today...and was visibly shaking with excitement.

I'M EXCITED!! :D

yep, can confirm this is true. i received a call this morning from the producers asking me to be a part of gladiators. my character will be called "impregnator" and my task will be to defend myself against the hordes of sexy women that pursue me for my manhood.
it is a huge honour to be asked but unfortunately i had to decline as my physique would have a serious psychological effect on the other gladiators and would sap their self esteem. i also have Mr Olympia committments coming up soon.:D

****ing awesome. love it. Juice them up 7. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22384693-2902,00.html

Seven muscles in on game show

CHANNEL 7 is to breathe life into its long-forgotten series Gladiators.
Seven is set to announce tomorrow the show is going into development and will be on air early next year.
The show sees muscle-bound male and female "Gladiators", with hilarious names such as Predator, Glacier and Flame, battle members of the public.
Glacier, also known as Lourene Bevaart, became Russell Crowe's personal trainer.
The show was a ratings success for Seven in the 1990s, but it was plagued by steroid use rumours.
Seven will start a nationwide search for new Gladiators

Oh the memories. Running down the passage way with my sisters bashing the s**t out of me with pillows trying to replicate the gauntlet. And using mum's treadmill for the travelator. I think the olds got sick of us replaying Another One Bites the Dust every few minutes.

Vulcan > All

(Log in to remove this ad.)

at school assemblies in primary school years ago: we used to have classes do different themes and different activities.

in 1995 at one stage throughout the year my class did the old Gladiators game. We had Duel, Full Tilt, Gauntlet, Suspension Bridge amd the Eliminator. I was the referee :D

I wish we had got it on tape or something. But it was absolutely hilarious.

Just bringing back memories folks... :)

it certainly was never forgotten. there's another thread on bigfooty somewhere stemming back some months/years that's periodically revived with people going 'they never shoulda cancelled that show!'

p.s. i hope to christ some of the old gladiators return. i guess they might be a bit old but it just wouldnt be the same without vulcan or taipan or delicious delta.

This is the best news. I can't think of a more nostalgic show to bring back.

Watching Gladiators was awesome fun, but trying to replicate your own Gladiator events was the bomb. At primary school we had a big chain bridge on top of a hill and one person would come out from each side and the object was to 'bounce' the other person off it. If you fell off because the bridge was at the top of a hill you would fall down the hill and hit the fence. Top stuff. :thumbsu:

Gladiators

[YOUTUBE]yZFty3HVhhE[/YOUTUBE]

While I used to watch the show, I'll probably always associate the tune with the Gladiators of Sport on SEN :)

I wish they'd bring back It's A Knock-Out.

[YOUTUBE]J5p5ddiJI44[/YOUTUBE]

****ing awesome. love it. Juice them up 7. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22384693-2902,00.html

Seven muscles in on game show

Seven is set to announce tomorrow the show is going into development and will be on air early next year.
The show sees muscle-bound male and female "Gladiators", with hilarious names such as Predator, Glacier and Flame, battle members of the public.
Glacier, also known as Lourene Bevaart, became Russell Crowe's personal trainer.
The show was a ratings success for Seven in the 1990s, but it was plagued by steroid use rumours.
Seven will start a nationwide search for new Gladiators

So is that why it was cancelled?
Due to the steroid rumours?
Or did the ratings plummet in the end?

-Ben

So is that why it was cancelled?
Due to the steroid rumours?
Or did the ratings plummet in the end?

-Ben

I think 7 chose to end it when the show was becoming too expensive to produce. I remember reading that they were trying to find an alternate venue to do the show from (the Gladiators themselves even went on opposing networks, to try and suss out their interest in possibly picking up the show).

:)

I wish they'd bring back It's A Knock-Out.

[youtube]J5p5ddiJI44[/youtube]
Yes please!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsu:
I watched it when i was a kid - didnt know that the colours were the states and Id always went for the yellow team....I only found out 2months ago that the yellow team was Qld :p the more things change the more they stay the same :p

Cant wait to see Gladiators back on the Screens :D:D:thumbsu:

I think 7 chose to end it when the show was becoming too expensive to produce. I remember reading that they were trying to find an alternate venue to do the show from (the Gladiators themselves even went on opposing networks, to try and suss out their interest in possibly picking up the show).

Oh okay thanks for that information.

Hopefully they have the money to produce it now.

BTW incase anybody was wondering 7 were planning on remaking Gladiators long before NBC decided to.
So they are not just copying the US.

-Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Back