Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 20, 2003
in da hood
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
19-7-27-2 (1nb)

that's some pretty miserly bowling in an innings in which the english have, for the most part, scored pretty freely.

despite only taking 2 wickets, he's still got a third of those to fall. fairly decent.

i don't think he'll ever get back in the australian side, but i'm happy to see him bowling with solid line and length.

19-7-27-2 (1nb)

that's some pretty miserly bowling in an innings in which the english have, for the most part, scored pretty freely.

despite only taking 2 wickets, he's still got a third of those to fall. fairly decent.

i don't think he'll ever get back in the australian side, but i'm happy to see him bowling with solid line and length.

Good.

He is usually pretty good with his economy this season, its his lack of wicket taking which has been the problem. At least he snared a couple in this match though.

2/27 off 19 is very good, lets hope he carries that into the next domestic game.

Disappointed that Dizzy will not play for Australia again, I really hoped that after his double ton he could of claimed a bag of wickets over in England and press for selection again but this doesnt seem to be the case.

I think we all love Dizzy, but I think he's done.

Very strange too, he declined very rapidly leading up to and into the Ashes, and there didn't seem to be any real reason for it.

I expected him to lead our bowling attack when McGrath retired, but he won't get back into the Test side.

Clark, Tait, Johnson are all in front of him and the choice will be for youth.

Cooldude i unfortunately have to agree with that. I am not sure what has happened. Have injuries finally caught up with him? Lost confidence? Or has he just lost 'it'? Bit of everything?

Good to see him trouble the English batsmen though, good signs for the Redbacks. His days in the baggy green are definitely over though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cooldude i unfortunately have to agree with that. I am not sure what has happened. Have injuries finally caught up with him? Lost confidence? Or has he just lost 'it'? Bit of everything?

Good to see him trouble the English batsmen though, good signs for the Redbacks. His days in the baggy green are definitely over though.

Strange comment given that he was man of the match in Australia's last test match.

And it isn't even Romeo and Butterfingers:eek:

You have a naughty mind. :eek:

Dizzy was dropped from the test scene in favour of the youth policy, and they do have a plethora of young quicks coming through.I would be amongst the most surprised if he makes a return to the Australian test side, however, I by no means would ever rule it out.

it's hard to see a way back for him outside of playing in asian tests.

if you look at his stats from the last 3 years he's been awful everywhere except for the sri lanka tour the indian tour and bangladesh.

on those slower pitches he's smart enough to get wickets by keeping it tight and bowling leg cutters and slower balls but on other pitches he's become cannon fodder at his worst or at his best he's tight but lacks penetration.

it should be remembered though that he took 260 wickets@26 he was a great bowler for us.

The real reason for it was his bowling action just fell apart, his technique was horrible, which is strange from him coz at his prime he has the most beautiful bowling action

Nothing I've seen of him for the past year suggested that he has done anything about fixing his technical problems

Apparently one of his fitness coaches has linked it to the Versa (sp?) fitness machine he switched to using obsessively around that time. In interviews and such he has credited it with keeping him on the park when he always used to be injured, but the coach said that he thinks it has destroyed his bowling.

Dizzy was dropped from the test scene in favour of the youth policy, and they do have a plethora of young quicks coming through.I would be amongst the most surprised if he makes a return to the Australian test side, however, I by no means would ever rule it out.

like a 29 year old brett with a bowling average of 32 ish?

youth policy?

somehow I get the feeling looking at the Australian cricket team that they don't have one :D

youth policy?
Tait, Johnson, Hilfenhaus (soon)?, Henriques (soon}?
somehow I get the feeling looking at the Australian cricket team that they don't have one :D
The Australian selectors, IMO, seem hesitant to change a winning formular, and why anyway?

I remember a few years back Allan Border saying when questioned about this very thing that players needed to earn a cap, not just rely on the fact that they're 19 years old and showing promise.You also have to take into account the amount of travelling and away time that an international cricketer goes through.If other countries are doing it, thats their business.But please explain to me how Shahid Afridi has developed into a world beater since his debut at the age of 17 ?

Disappointed that Dizzy will not play for Australia again, I really hoped that after his double ton he could of claimed a bag of wickets over in England and press for selection again but this doesnt seem to be the case.

Its funny huh.....Dizzy, takes wickets, makes runs and gets dropped.

The batting line-up which failed abysmally in England and has again scored runs against "soft" oposition are spared the sword.....prediction.....by the Melbourne test, 2 of Langer, Hayden or Martyn wil be dumped from the test team.

also here are a few points you missed or didn't want to see

1. langer averaged more than every bat on both sides bar kp during the 05 ashes(although i do agree his spot is under the spotlight)

2. hayden kept his spot because he has scored 4 tons at an average 0ver 50 since the ashes

3. martyn WAS dropped after the 05 ashes, came back and hit a match winning ton vs south africa.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back