The Ancients Giants of ancient times

Remove this Banner Ad

According to the Bible they existed before and after the flood.
The veracity of the bible depends on the literal reality it is true. Personally l don't doubt it.

According to the Bible they existed before and after the flood.
The veracity of the bible depends on the literal reality it is true. Personally l don't doubt it.
The bible is symbollic. I wouldnt be taking too much literal from it.
Contemporary Australian christian kids are taught to interpret it.
Don't ask me. I was not sent to a private school.

The bible is symbollic. I wouldnt be taking too much literal from it.
Contemporary Australian christian kids are taught to interpret it.
Don't ask me. I was not sent to a private school.

That's where people go wrong that believe it doesn't mean what it says, you've been set up not to believe before you begin.

Sure there are metaphors but it's not to difficult in context with the narrative to understand the meaning of most of the symbolic.
There are many good commentaries to assist students so to easy.
Besides, the mention of giants across the Old testament are many so it's pretty much a given that they existed in numbers according to the ancient texts.
You might start at the authenticity of the texts before you dimiss them.

That's where people go wrong that believe it doesn't mean what it says, you've been set up not to believe before you begin.

You shouldn't believe anything before you investigate it. The null hypothesis is nearly always the best starting attitude.

The bible is full of miracles, giants, people living to great age, freaks of nature, impossible-to-believe occurrences and events - none of which are possible according to our current understanding of how the world actually works. I am way past the age where I automatically believe something new and amazing just because someone told me (that age was about 4).
So, sorry, but it is best treated as a group of fairy stories, at the same level as pixies, rainbow serpents, leprechauns and the Loch Ness Monster. The stories in it just happened to be used as a (metaphorical) basis for a religion.

You shouldn't believe anything before you investigate it. The null hypothesis is nearly always the best starting attitude.

The bible is full of miracles, giants, people living to great age, freaks of nature, impossible-to-believe occurrences and events - none of which are possible according to our current understanding of how the world actually works. I am way past the age where I automatically believe something new and amazing just because someone told me (that age was about 4).
So, sorry, but it is best treated as a group of fairy stories, at the same level as pixies, rainbow serpents, leprechauns and the Loch Ness Monster. The stories in it just happened to be used as a (metaphorical) basis for a religion.

Sorry to say you have been duped, you have a religion, it's called science, the brain wash of modern man.

Sorry to say you have been duped, you have a religion, it's called science, the brain wash of modern man.
Science doesn't believe in magical events and beings simply because someone said so in an old book. Science is based on observation, testing, learning, and changing your views when new things are discovered. Any religious person might as well believe the Lord of the rings is a historical account of the world. They probably would if their kiddy fiddler (I'm sorry, I mean 'priest') had taken the wrong book from the shelf on the day they were 'taught'.

Science doesn't believe in magical events and beings simply because someone said so in an old book. Science is based on observation, testing, learning, and changing your views when new things are discovered. Any religious person might as well believe the Lord of the rings is a historical account of the world. They probably would if their kiddy fiddler (I'm sorry, I mean 'priest') had taken the wrong book from the shelf on the day they were 'taught'.

You're right, all it can do is study the creation and be amazed at its complexity
It's incredible the phenomenon of man but not just man, man and woman and the procreation of humanity, surely intelligent design and not the result of an ancient explosion out of nothing.
Mate, that's what you believe, that's what your science demands you believe.
That's what l call mindless and impossible.
No offense but you're a product of modern scientific brainwashing.
Take up study of the Holy Bible and you'll understand the meaning of life and origin.
I know it's not popular you'll need to swim against the tide of secularism.

Last edited:
I hope you have studied the Qu'uran, the Veda, the Agamas, the Talmud, all the Rainbow Serpent legends - in fact, every other religion that has a Holy Book and in many cases are far older than Christianity. Why choose Christianity? There is no more evidence for that than any of the others.

You also know absolutely nothing about human biology if you think humans are intelligently designed. I could draw up a better specification in about 5 minutes.

It's Judeo Christianity. Christianity.
The the appearance of the promised OT messiah goes right back to the book of Genesis, this is where Christianity has its roots, when Christ appeared to Israel.
All but Islam have a pantheon of gods variants of paganism.
Islam was a creation of warlord muhammad about 600ad and hi jacked the Abrahamic line claiming the blessings belonged to Ishmael and not Isaac.
Just a twist of the historical truth.
Dead sea scrolls long pre date Islam and word perfect our OT.
We have evidence.
I find it incredible you can't see wonder in our natural world the balances of nature etc etc.
You need to investigate.

The Dead Sea scrolls are just another copy of some of the Old Testament stories. Fine. The Old Testament is the basis for Judaism, so probably there were many copies. Interestingly, some of the scrolls are dated as after Jesus lived - yet none of them mention him at all. Nor John the Baptist, not any other New Testament character associated with Christianity. Jesus, in fact has no contemporary corroborative written records.
It seems to me that Christianity is just another twisting of the Jewish religion - just twisted in a different way to how Islam did it. That's OK - man has always created his religions according to his particular fantasies.

Balances of nature - yeah, that's good - if a drought happens, and there is not enough food for the population, animals die of starvation. That's a balance. Thanks, god - good bit of design, that. Life happens. Organisms adapt to the conditions they face. That's how 'balance' occurs.

Humans are very pooorly designed in some areas. No one is sure why we have an appendix - there seems no need fo it now. But if it's infected with appendicitis, the human will die. Guaranteed. And many, many people did. Until they discovered modern medical techniques (that 'science' stuff).
We breathe through the same pipe we eat with.
We can't make our own Vitamin C - unlike nearly every other animal on earth. If we don't get Vitamin C - we die. And many. many people have. Until, via 'science' they developed a theory of vitamins.

Of course, this doesn't prove the universe and everything in it wasn't designed by a god - maybe he's just rubbish at it.

Im trying to find the banned youtube video on bichute about giant people. It shows (apparently) found skeletons of gigantic humans in ancient history. Banned because it supports the Bible (and Quran) that giants were the nepholim etc. I remember seeing a documentary about South American ancient buildings where all the doors were built for gigantic people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im trying to find the banned youtube video on bichute about giant people. It shows (apparently) found skeletons of gigantic humans in ancient history. Banned because it supports the Bible (and Quran) that giants were the nepholim etc. I remember seeing a documentary about South American ancient buildings where all the doors were built for gigantic people.

would be fantastic if it was true, love the concept of giant people living eons ago.
People with gigantism would've existed ages ago and may have got to 8 feet tall etc. they would be considered giants and their bones examined.

When smaller Europeans saw tall Africans or taller Vikings for the first time, they would consider them GIants.

Humans love to dream, Like when we saw whales in the ocean and called them see monsters. like when we saw dinosaur skeletons and imagined dragons.

Last edited:
I think about this sometimes. When I see giants mentioned in myths and legends, fables, Jack and the Beanstalk and the ancient bible stories, when giants are across so much recorded text, across cultures and countries, then I sit up and notice.

What I decided was it's highly likely they existed, but became unviable as numbers grew. A mobile 6-7ft + bloke/ woman is going to need a lot of protein. Like any eco system, if it can't provide the food/ water for the populations living off it, something has to give. I think the giant gene became recessive and so dormant. Many peoples because of the size of their populations are smaller, as someone mentioned, the asians etc. A hungry man 3' taller than you is going to appear like a giant, coupled with exaggeration and imagination.

The thing that triggers the giant gene,[ just my thinking ], is being in a an environment of plenty, with a motivating factor for a few generations. The increase in the average height of an Australian female/ male 25 must be inches, many centimetres. I haven't verified that, it's my personal opinion. Once being taller than average created an awkward stoop, but now you can be a ruckman, a basketball of netball player.

I think about this sometimes. When I see giants mentioned in myths and legends, fables, Jack and the Beanstalk and the ancient bible stories, when giants are across so much recorded text, across cultures and countries, then I sit up and notice.
Are you the same with vampires and other undead? Do you sit up and take notice?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back