Injury GHS out for a week with fractured thumb

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder what happens if Menegola comes in and plays a game up there with his better ones last season. Would they bring GHS straight in for Menegola (like for like), for someone else or he finds himself squeezed out?

Replace Cowan
I feel like "Pressure acts" Cowan has a place sewn up like "running patterns" Varcoe was and then 2016 Blicavs (his place however is far more justified as a second ruckman in my eyes). It looks like they are trying to go like for like with replacements. To that end I'm not sure who'd they have in mind for replacing Cowan. Guthrie probably comes in for Parfitt. Cocky for Lang. Perhaps Scott Selwood replaces Cowan, if he's replaced at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep it was. He is a decent shot for goal. Doesn't mean this is a disaster though. Hopefully it's only minor as he is playing for his career and has started the season ok.

Absolutely. For what it's worth I don't see any reason why both he and Menegola can't both play in the same team. There are plenty of others who could come under scrutiny first.

coach would have dropped him this week anyway so no big deal.
lol
Who is going nuts? I said it was an important kick. It was.
so you're saying I should hold off on placing a Brownlow bet now?
Big chance for Menegola, he's in now you'd think. Play well and he should stay in, sometimes you just need a bit of luck. GHS got injured at a bad time in 2015 and 2016 when he could have been recalled after injuries. Hopefully not the same fate here.

Might give Cowan a stay of execution but from all reports it is only the one week for George. Menegola comes in for sure I would say.

Might give Cowan a stay of execution but from all reports it is only the one week for George. Menegola comes in for sure I would say.
I hope not. Other options need to be tried. He was ok the first week but ordinary against North. There are other guys banging on the door to get a senior spot so give them a go for two weeks to see how they go.

I hope not. Other options need to be tried. He was ok the first week but ordinary against North. There are other guys banging on the door to get a senior spot so give them a go for two weeks to see how they go.
I am not sure who else is actually banging the door down who would play in GHS/Cowan's spot. Parsons could be elevated possibly? My worry is that they bring Smith in and use Blicavs as a midfielder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back