GFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Think it was time for a new thread.

Mainly so I could say what a win by Giants over Newtown! Outplayed them for most of the game.
Can't remember the last time we beat them let alone at their ground.

Looks an interesting season this one with perhaps a lot of results already not going the way it was predicted.

Mainly so I could say what a win by Giants over Newtown! Outplayed them for most of the game.

Looks an interesting season this one with perhaps a lot of results already not going the way it was predicted.
C'mon Leopold, clear Brock Williamson back to Portarlington.................

I don't understand why Leopold won't clear him back. They forget that Drysdale cleared Carmichael when he was contracted. What goes around comes around

Big difference in the 2 situations as to why they want to leave the club..

Williamson couldn't hack it at GFL level "too serious for me" and big stacks from Port help

Carmichael not exactly too popular at the time he headed to Leopold, but water under the bridge now

Leopold to be fair think they deserve the year out of Brock, they could have recruited who they wanted, but chose 1 of the 2 best young mids in the BFL (as they have done in the past) to further develop "local" talent, one has taken to it brilliantly and the other one still needs work, they have assigned salary cap and points planning to Brock, why would they just let him go?

Williamson couldn't hack it at GFL level "too serious for me" and big stacks from Port help

Carmichael not exactly too popular at the time he headed to Leopold, but water under the bridge now

Leopold to be fair think they deserve the year out of Brock, they could have recruited who they wanted, but chose 1 of the 2 best young mids in the BFL (as they have done in the past) to further develop "local" talent, one has taken to it brilliantly and the other one still needs work, they have assigned salary cap and points planning to Brock, why would they just let him go?

Still seems like double standards to me. If Brock can't handle the GFL why make him stand out of footy just let him go back.

So you'd rather see a 19 yo miss a season of footy? It's still just grassroots football, and he played all his junior footy at Port. Sometimes things just don't work out, and, Port let him out of his contract to try out at GFL level.

Big stacks from Port? LMFAO.
It's funny how it's all ok unless it effects your own club.

Anyway, Brock just wants to return to Port. No money was used as a lure. It's disappointing to see that it didn't work for him at Leopold but equally disappointing that a kid can't return to his home club if he doesn't like the step-up.

No one wins in this situation.

So you'd rather see a 19 yo miss a season of footy? It's still just grassroots football, and he played all his junior footy at Port. Sometimes things just don't work out, and, Port let him out of his contract to try out at GFL level.

Did he not play on the weekend?

Big stacks from Port? LMFAO.
It's funny how it's all ok unless it effects your own club.

Anyway, Brock just wants to return to Port. No money was used as a lure. It's disappointing to see that it didn't work for him at Leopold but equally disappointing that a kid can't return to his home club if he doesn't like the step-up.

No one wins in this situation.

When Brock himself tells his mates how much he's getting a game at port, there isn't any doubt why he's trying to get back to Port!

Still seems like double standards to me. If Brock can't handle the GFL why make him stand out of footy just let him go back.

100% double standards, but happens at all footy clubs, want players to break contracts to come, and won't break contracts to allow players to leave.

Guess it's the way the players and clubs go about it, and how the communication has been, if players/clubs are upfront and honest with each other, things get worked out

When Brock himself tells his mates how much he's getting a game at port, there isn't any doubt why he's trying to get back to Port!
Can tell you with good authority, this could not be any further from being a monetary issue. Someone caught you whilst out fishing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can tell you with good authority, this could not be any further from being a monetary issue. Someone caught you whilst out fishing.

I was told this before I even knew about the clearance, I'll stand by my source, just as you'll stand by yours!

Played for Leopold, so he's not missing out on footy as this stage..

Good to see Brock still playing while this is getting sorted, other guys would just drop the lip and sit out
I hope you didn't get this from the same source that you previously said you'd stand by. It's let you down again.

Good to see Brock still playing while this is getting sorted, other guys would just drop the lip and sit out

Oh ffs mate just shut up, you have no idea what you're talking about

Giving us a bad name

Wilsons (Or should I say Simon ???). If you are going to post anything please back it up with facts. Where the F### do you reckon BW played last weekend? Your rubbish is really wearing thin, it's nearly time that everyone pushed the IGNORE button on you so we don't have to listen to you anymore....

Good to see Leopold lose again, hope that continues.

What's with Lara losing Seniors and Ressie's by a combined total of over 400 points?

Something's not right with GFL atm.....

Good to see Leopold lose again, hope that continues.

What's with Lara losing Seniors and Ressie's by a combined total of over 400 points?

Something's not right with GFL atm.....

I actually think the GFL is a bit more even than the last few years bar a couple of dominant teams. Only Lara is really a basket case.

How is the Points System working in the GFL ?
Is there Relegation ?
No one wants the relegation system to come in, except for the "governing body".

The points system seems fair enough, its the so called "salary cap" that is an embarrassing joke.
Clubs are blatantly breaching it, and the "governing body" turn a blind eye.

You know the famous Midnight Oil song, "The rich gettin' richer, the poor get the picture ....."
That's the case in this region.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back