Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Danger going nowhere but If Danger was interested in any move ...I doubt we would be obstructionist. He is already making his way into TV ..I doubt he moves away from the hub of footy in Victoria. It the sort of trade in someone like North should look at ... especially if they have the ability to put some dollars into post footy coach etc.
I doubt he moves away from Moggs Creek. Builds his dream home close to his family. Unless Adelaide is going to jet him in into Adelaide each week?

I just don't see a better option for us to fill a list gap with those picks. Even if you fluked a kid with the right attributes they're a long term prospect, and as they say in finance, in the long term we are all dead
I disagree that 15-18 range picks are long term prospects. That range of the draft tends to produce mids (any decent KPP is normally gone by that point) and mids are far more likely to impact the team quickly.

Overpaying for smith due to a lack of “a better option” is a bad idea. It is rarely (if ever) a smart play to overpay to acquire a player.

Take whatever money they want to throw at Smith and tack it onto Stengles extension. We absolutely cannot lost him.
I kind of agree I think long term the midfield will sort itself out unless there a cheap fix for a clearance machine mid

Otherwise we cannot replace or lose Stengles those types don’t come around too often

I actually think there's a chance that should be sign with us the afl would ask him and cotton on to discontinue the relationship.
Possible they ask about it, but I don’t think they can allow it at one club and not another. Regardless of the clubs relationship with the company, cotton on has sponsorship at other clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It sounds like she knows what she’s talking about and I’m sure she’ll support Stengle to get a good deal.
But having family manage you indicates to me that he doesn’t intend to go to another club. Otherwise you’d want someone with good connections to other clubs to see what deals are out there. He seems happy and has played his best footy at the club.
He also seems very loyal, he’ll want to support the club that gave him the chance to get the best out of himself.

I’d be ok with Humphries and Mullin to provide speed and metres out of the backline and throw Holmes into the middle if it meant not overpaying for Smith. Add that pick into the war-chest for Reid.
That would imply that we'd be getting Reid this year.

Even if he was to request a trade to us, West Coast would expect the world.

Anything less and they'll tell us to come back next year, as they probably should tbh. We'd do the same in their shoes.

JHF was already an enormous deal, and this would be that on steroids as Reid's already capitalised on the promise in year one.

Anything less and they'll tell us to come back next year, as they probably should tbh. We'd do the same in their shoes.

JHF was already an enormous deal, and this would be that on steroids as Reid's already capitalised on the promise in year one.
Kick that first down the road. Holmes into the guts next year with Humphries & Mullin in defence replacing him and Duncan.

I disagree that 15-18 range picks are long term prospects. That range of the draft tends to produce mids (any decent KPP is normally gone by that point) and mids are far more likely to impact the team quickly.

Overpaying for smith due to a lack of “a better option” is a bad idea. It is rarely (if ever) a smart play to overpay to acquire a player.
I see as underpaying if we get the 2021 player who was pretty much player of the finals up until a certain Mr Petracca put a stop to it.

We're not talking elite picks here either. We're likely looking at a part of the draft with a 60% forecast of Darcy Lang + and Flynn Kroeger

Possible they ask about it, but I don’t think they can allow it at one club and not another. Regardless of the clubs relationship with the company, cotton on has sponsorship at other clubs.
Yeah maybe they let whatever current agreement play out but any new contract would be a conflict of interest and I would be seeking to block it if I was the afl

Yeah maybe they let whatever current agreement play out but any new contract would be a conflict of interest and I would be seeking to block it if I was the afl
I doubt that happens, players have sponsorship deals with existing sponsors like Ford already just less public.

I’d be ok with Humphries and Mullin to provide speed and metres out of the backline and throw Holmes into the middle if it meant not overpaying for Smith. Add that pick into the war-chest for Reid.
I also think this could be a good idea but really puts a lot on Holmes development over the next preseason

Or you just trade that pick into the future like Richmond did for us

I see as underpaying if we get the 2021 player who was pretty much player of the finals up until a certain Mr Petracca put a stop to it.

We're not talking elite picks here either. We're likely looking at a part of the draft with a 60% forecast of Darcy Lang + and Flynn Kroeger
Or you could just as easily get Holmes or SDK or o Henry or Bruhn or …….

Give me 2 cracks at a player like that over taking a gamble on a player and hoping that they will magically find form that they have not shown for 3+ years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back