Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Think we have enough evidence now that the 2022 trade period where we gained Bruhn, Henry and Bowes without having a net loss in R1 picks, essentially getting all for R2-4 picks in 2023 in net terms is a successful trade haul.

Gave up relative peanuts and gained 3 bona fide senior team players all contributing well to the team, and two of them will have 10+ years here.
This sort of haul makes me think you'd rather not put all your eggs in one basket with a Harley Reid type trade in...

Think we have enough evidence now that the 2022 trade period where we gained Bruhn, Henry and Bowes without having a net loss in R1 picks, essentially getting all for R2-4 picks in 2023 in net terms is a successful trade haul.

Gave up relative peanuts and gained 3 bona fide senior team players all contributing well to the team, and two of them will have 10+ years here.
Add Clark by draft but set up by trade.

Nice work.

On SM-G930U using BigFooty.com mobile app

As much as i would love to have Reid it is not worth selling the farm for him especially if it means forcing players out who don't want to go and ruin our culture.

If he wants to come to us of course we should try and get him but giving up young key players and draft picks could and probably will hurt us especially with Tassie coming in and ****ing up the draft even more.

Word from an insider is that the Pies have given up luring Holmes to Collingwood. Resigned to him re-signing at Geelong.

Pies never had the picks to get it done anyway.

But st kilda and to a lesser extent the dogs are chasing him hard.

Word from an insider is that the Pies have given up luring Holmes to Collingwood. Resigned to him re-signing at Geelong.
let this be true!!!!

Piss off Pies.

GO Catters

SEN regular and 9News’ Tom Morris reports Holmes has indicated he wants to stay at Kardinia Park and is ready to put pen to paper on a four-year contract.

The only holdup is on Geelong’s end.

Holmes, 21, is out of contract at the end of the season and a move to half-back to start 2024 has seen him in career-best form.

But Morris says the Cats aren’t ready to commit just yet.

“The latest around Max Holmes… this has been going on for weeks, the ball is in Geelong’s court,” Morris told SEN Breakfast.

“Max Holmes has decided he wants to stay at the Cats and it’s a four-year deal that would take him to free agency that his management has put back to the club.

“The club has said, ‘let’s just sit on it, let’s just see how you’re playing’, which is a risky maneuver.

“But this is Geelong, isn’t it? They did it last year with Tom Hawkins. They weren’t willing to pay overs on what they thought he was worth and in the end, they came to an agreement.

“Max Holmes has decided he wants to stay at the Cats for whatever price it is on a four-year deal.”

This sort of haul makes me think you'd rather not put all your eggs in one basket with a Harley Reid type trade in...
Those Eggs may be rotten ones though - think Lang, Smedts, Brown, Cockatoo, Fogarty, Thurlow, Stephens. That’s 7 10-20 picks I’d swap for one Harley Reid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those Eggs may be rotten ones though - think Lang, Smedts, Brown, Cockatoo, Fogarty, Thurlow, Stephens. That’s 7 10-20 picks I’d swap for one Harley Reid.
Some of those were absolutely smashed by the injury curse. Not always the wrong choice of recruit, or poor development.

There's Thurlow, Lang, Smedts, Cockatoo 👍

And there's Holmes, Henry, Bruhn, SDK 😱

Just saying our picks in the teens have been horrendous, don’t think we gave up a teen pick in the draft for any of those.
Yeah actually Holmes was 20, but Bruhn was originally 12, Henry was a pick 17, SDK a pick 19.

As much as i would love to have Reid it is not worth selling the farm for him especially if it means forcing players out who don't want to go and ruin our culture.

If he wants to come to us of course we should try and get him but giving up young key players and draft picks could and probably will hurt us especially with Tassie coming in and ******* up the draft even more.
As long as we don't cross that line i'm not sure about ruining it. Might be opposite. Enhance it maybe??
Put a line thru this for another decade IMO. That 1+ billion dollar stadium isn't getting built.
FWIW i think Harley will be an Eagle for the next 6-7 years.
He'll make plenty of coin there.
So when he comes OOC as FA.
Free Agency will become a brand new free for all for all those ambulance chaser footy scribes out there.

All this crapping on about Harley Reid... you'd think the guy had actually come out and said he wanted to go home. He hasn't done anything of the sort, no petulance a la JHF, he's performing incredibly well. Talk about a self-sustaining rumour mill
You realise this is a rumours and WISH LISTS thread, haven’t heard one rumour but we can wish - this bloke is from country Victoria and a Geelong supporter and has shown more than anyone at this age in their first few games - take a chill pill.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back