Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
I would wish the best players played in the TSL. AFLTas dont seem to care.

I also wish the OS clubs could be bothered doing some junior development rather than just sucking up players & doing nothing to develop them. Clearly the northern clubs don't have that problem as no OS competition exists up north.

If the TSL ends, the OS clubs will have nowhere to suck good players from.
Understandable and don’t necessarily disagree.

Who are these young players that are good enough to be playing senior TSL football that at are at OS clubs?
I don’t have intimate knowledge of the clubs or their players, I know they get a few older blokes back once they have finished at the higher level.

I also wish the OS clubs could be bothered doing some junior development rather than just sucking up players & doing nothing to develop them. Clearly the northern clubs don't have that problem as no OS competition exists up north.

If the TSL ends, the OS clubs will have nowhere to suck good players from.
The private school old boys play with Old Scotch, OLFC or St Pats in the NTFA Division 1. They have reserves just like OS, and their own school teams. They also play local country teams and the local University, and spend most of their time beating them. The only difference occurred last year when Old Scotch and St Pats joined the NTFA U18's.

At the end of the day, you have to ask what the attraction is for a southern player to join an OS team or play in the SFL, and compare it to the northern equivalent. The structures aren't any different, so I'll say it again (and now that HT Hero isn't here, noone will take offence!) - the two northern sides are just doing a better job of building good elite teams...!

Anyone know where Jackson Thurlow has gone? Not playing at Launceston it seems but isn’t playing anywhere else.

I've heard a rumor he's lining up for Bridport this week against Perth.

Massive couple games coming up this week.
Clarence vs Launceston will be a great assessment of where both teams sit in terms of who’s going to challenge Kingborough.

North Hobart vs Lauderdale is genuine 50/50.

Massive couple games coming up this week.
Clarence vs Launceston will be a great assessment of where both teams sit in terms of who’s going to challenge Kingborough.

North Hobart vs Lauderdale is genuine 50/50.

Tigers by 100+
Clarence by 20
NH by 10

The results so far have gone I think as most thought they would.

I was surprised how well NHFC did against Launy & expected Clarence to beat Launy. It does appear that NL, Launy Kingston & Clarence are the teams to beat. Maybe Lauderdale will give them a push at some stage. Maybe NHFC can win a couple more games than last year. Glenorchy won't

I will say I think playing games on ANZAC day is just plain stupid, unless it falls on a Saturday. Its not the AFL. It won't attract a crowd of any note.

I think they should have all played on Saturday. Leave ANZAC day to the commemorative services & the AFL game to be the things to attend or watch. Let the players alone on this day to rest relax & enjoy the big game later.

The results so far have gone I think as most thought they would.

I was surprised how well NHFC did against Launy & expected Clarence to beat Launy. It does appear that NL, Launy Kingston & Clarence are the teams to beat. Maybe Lauderdale will give them a push at some stage. Maybe NHFC can win a couple more games than last year. Glenorchy won't

I will say I think playing games on ANZAC day is just plain stupid, unless it falls on a Saturday. Its not the AFL. It won't attract a crowd of any note.

I think they should have all played on Saturday. Leave ANZAC day to the commemorative services & the AFL game to be the things to attend or watch. Let the players alone on this day to rest relax & enjoy the big game later.
Clarence look good but have a lot of injuries. Kingborough are 4 goals better then them I believe.

I’m picking North Hobart today.

Agreed re Anzac Day. Should of played it on Sunday separate to SFL and OS.

Agreed. It's all a bit w&nky really the locals trying to nuzzle in on the big day expecting a big turnout when you've got Bombers & Pies on the box live and the old boys on the tins at the RSL all day.
Didn't North & Hobart try playing Anzac Day games back in the 90s for a while and it was never a huge success?

Kingston will have a big win today.

Sunday footy sounds like a better idea, not sure what they were expecting for today's game with the big game on at the MCG. But anyways, Tigers looked far too good for the Maggies as expected. Reminds me of some hard days supporting them as a kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarence look good but have a lot of injuries. Kingborough are 4 goals better then them I believe.

I’m picking North Hobart today.

Agreed re Anzac Day. Should have played it on Sunday separate to SFL and OS.
For those that don’t follow the TSL overly closely, who do Clarence have out injured at the moment?

For those that don’t follow the TSL overly closely, who do Clarence have out injured at the moment?
Their captain and vice captain Jarrod Harper and James Holmes and gun forward Ollie Preshaw. Also on the weekend they had a couple of bad looking injuries to Luke Swinton and their new recruit Mitch Anderton.

Lauderdale looked rudderless and devoid of leadership.

Yes I was surprised how bad they looked. I thought they should win a close one, but they looked terrible at times.

Overall I still expect Launceston to be a threat. Their many young guys are on a learning curve. NL also look ok at this stage. Clarence are on the up so are a big chance too.

The season is still in its early stages but I see the top 3 as Clarence NL & Launy. Maybe KT can be in that mix too. We will soon see. ;)

Yes I was surprised how bad they looked. I thought they should win a close one, but they looked terrible at times.

Overall I still expect Launceston to be a threat. Their many young guys are on a learning curve. NL also look ok at this stage. Clarence are on the up so are a big chance too.

The season is still in its early stages but I see the top 3 as Clarence NL & Launy. Maybe KT can be in that mix too. We will soon see. ;)
Kingborough are raging favourites, I doubt they will lose many games at all. They have Launceston and Clarence twice at home and only once away aswell. They obliterated NL two weeks ago.

Didn't North & Hobart try playing Anzac Day games back in the 90s for a while and it was never a huge success?

Kingston will have a big win today.
Twice. 1991 and 1996.
North Hobart won by 38 points the first time, Hobart by the same in 1996.
Crowds of 2,461 the first time and 1,204 the second time.
There were other Anzac Day matches played in the 90's, a whole round of matches were played in 1992 with two good crowds, the other three were sh*t (average of 1,430).
Clarence and the Southern Cats played at Bellerive in 1998 in front of 1,510 (that match is on Youtube somewhere).
Southern Cats hosted the "Derwent Eagles" (New Norfolk) in 1999 at Huonville and the Eagles won by three goals in front of 858.
The SFL did it a few times as I recall.

Twice. 1991 and 1996.
North Hobart won by 38 points the first time, Hobart by the same in 1996.
Crowds of 2,461 the first time and 1,204 the second time.
There were other Anzac Day matches played in the 90's, a whole round of matches were played in 1992 with two good crowds, the other three were sh*t (average of 1,430).
Clarence and the Southern Cats played at Bellerive in 1998 in front of 1,510 (that match is on Youtube somewhere).
Southern Cats hosted the "Derwent Eagles" (New Norfolk) in 1999 at Huonville and the Eagles won by three goals in front of 858.
The SFL did it a few times as I recall.
Wasn't there a Queens Birthday clash between Glenorchy and North Hobart one year? But was it on the Monday or Sunday?

I remember going and seeing the game Glenorchy were flogged, Michael Maple booted 7 that day. I am not sure if Byron Howard played but it was the one day he didn't kick a bag against us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back