Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Hopefully he’ll stick around for the Friday night game against Clarence, with Jack playing for Clarence it’ll be great to see a few ex AFL players running around out there on both teams.

Yer very true. I wonder if they’ll ever get that new ground? Very least that community deserves a stand with a gym underneath imo.

That part of the Lauderdale area is at high risk of flooding with any sea level rises. No level of Government will spend millions in such a risky venture. So for the longer term, they need to move.

That part of the Lauderdale area is at high risk of flooding with any sea level rises. No level of Government will spend millions in such a risky venture. So for the longer term, they need to move.
yes salt water level has already burnt the grass roots circa 2010s ish and killed the grass, will happen again

The current ground is what I'm on about. Its basically at sea level.
I thought they were looking further east, up the hill off Acton road somewhere.
Discussions were had between club and council around moving to twin ovals at seven mile beach but the club didn't want to go.

Went to the North v Clarence game. What a disgrace. I left halfway through the 3rd. North had kicked 3 points to that point. Clarence were just better in every single position on the ground. Completely boring to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to the North v Clarence game. What a disgrace. I left halfway through the 3rd. North had kicked 3 points to that point. Clarence were just better in every single position on the ground. Completely boring to watch.
Have to say I can't remember local football being in a worse state in the 50 years I've been following it than it is right now. Diabolical.
I would have to think that was North Hobart's lowest score at North Hobart, was certainly their lowest in post-War football.
Last week Hobart kicked their lowest score on the TCA Ground in their 80-year history.

It's a matter of deep concern that there were six clubs today that failed to record a goal in a senior match across the various major competitions in the state.
North Hobart, Hobart, Dodges Ferry, Deloraine, Cuprona and Oatlands.
One other club (Rosebery-Toorak) registered one goal and suffered a 337 point hammering.

There's a lot to be worried about in the state. But for me it's the lack of colts/u19s. There's no one coming through.
Having said that, the Devils are playing at Twin ovals next week. I saw them play Geelong Falcons there last year and outside of AFL, it's the best standard of football I've seen in the state.

There's a lot to be worried about in the state. But for me it's the lack of colts/u19s. There's no one coming through.
Having said that, the Devils are playing at Twin ovals next week. I saw them play Geelong Falcons there last year and outside of AFL, it's the best standard of football I've seen in the state.
That's the rub. As long as there are enough good u18 players to feed the afl sausage machine then all is right with the world.
There are probably 10 too many clubs in the state considering the amount of available players hence the frequent blow outs.

The local media try and convince us the AFL team will help solve the issues in the local game. This is all because if we get an AFL team they will get cushy media jobs.

More people will just become full time fans. Will be harder to attract sponsors and media. Harder to attract volunteers and fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back