General Stats Questions & Requests Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Team lists seemed entirely unchanged until S01R05. There were definitely no omissions/elevations until then as I only introduced the concept of reserve players (a squad list greater than 20) at that time. Cannot entirely guarantee there were no in-team-switches but it was the same 20 players.

LJP86 wins the medal.

Leading votegetters from each side.

East Side Hawks - Keyser Soze (17)

Fighting Furies - Beaver's army (11)

Geelong Gumbies - Diablo14 (12)

Mount Buller Demons - dtm06 (9)

Southern Dragons - ljp86 (19)

West Coast Wonders - Peterss (8)

BigFooty Bombers - Ant555 (8)

Roys - PaulD, RoyLion (8)

Rising Star award for best first year player goes to Mobbenfuhrer Medal runner up Keyser Soze.

Admin award for most dedicated to the league goes to Big Man and Tarkyn_24 in a tie.

Apologies if this has been covered or is common knowledge. Might also be confusing myself or looking in the wrong places.

Rising Star - is this the same as EKA? If so, I can't see Keyser Soze listed.

As for Admin Award - is this the same as the FR? If so, Tarkyn_24 is listed but not Big Man.

Any ideas? Mobbs Hate Ljp86

Season 2007/8.

EDIT: Actually, Tarks is listed for Frankston Rover Season 8 - is that the same as Season 2007/8?

Apologies if this has been covered or is common knowledge. Might also be confusing myself or looking in the wrong places.

Rising Star - is this the same as EKA? If so, I can't see Keyser Soze listed.

As for Admin Award - is this the same as the FR? If so, Tarkyn_24 is listed but not Big Man.

Any ideas? Mobbs Hate Ljp86

Season 2007/8.

EDIT: Actually, Tarks is listed for Frankston Rover Season 8 - is that the same as Season 2007/8?
The Rising Star is as that post describes, I assume - the runner up in the Mobbenfuhrer Medal. It would actually have been Keyser Soze & Cheetah. It is not the EKA, or anything, really...

Yes, the Admin Award is the Frankston Rover in regards to that post. TFLUA-Tiger initially (prior to the season) declared that a new award would be named after his predecessor and would be on the basis of the 'best player of the season' and was awarded as you posted above. The thread is the Season 08 awards night.

Season 07 was from 09/03/2007 to 21/09/2007
Season 08 was from 16/11/2007 to 25/05/2008

Thanks Hate. It looks to me like the Rising Star was for first best year player, and Keyser Soze also just happened to be runner-up in the Mobbs.

I guess it's still not really an EKA equivalent?
Sorry, yes you are correct. I misread the post above.

I wouldn't say so, no.

In this post:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Rising Star is as that post describes, I assume - the runner up in the Mobbenfuhrer Medal. It would actually have been Keyser Soze & Cheetah. It is not the EKA, or anything, really...

Yes, the Admin Award is the Frankston Rover in regards to that post. TFLUA-Tiger initially (prior to the season) declared that a new award would be named after his predecessor and would be on the basis of the 'best player of the season' and was awarded as you posted above. The thread is the Season 08 awards night.

Season 07 was from 09/03/2007 to 21/09/2007
Season 08 was from 16/11/2007 to 25/05/2008
It would just be like awarding a best first year player in the AFL before the Rising Star award was officially awarded. Technically it is the same thing, but in reality, it's not. Would be like going back through every grand final pre-1979 and awarding a Norm Smith.

The Club Honour Roll thread does its best to lend some guidance to who captained clubs over the seasons. It is, however, largely based off of hand-done research and is constantly open for correction as I have done so on numerous occasions after spending hours, sometimes days researching what *actually* happened. The thread is a second version, and was re-done due to character limits and to neaten it up, so I made some corrections at that time.

The role of captain has never really been defined and is somewhat of a hybrid mess of things. The committee rep doesn't have to be the captain. The team sheet poster doesn't have to be the captain. The captain doesn't have to be the captain. Seasons can also show a revolving door of captains for certain clubs. Oh, and then we have suspensions. Team threads will go unedited, even though perhaps there is one posting hiding in the rough that says they changed captain.

To answer your question though, I could calculate the games based on season count from my thread, but I think it would be safe to say it is either Ljp86 who captained the Dragons FFC for 10 seasons or fitzroybowiedog who only recently ended his 9 season reign as the head of the Roys FFC.

It appears as though no one has ever thought to require clubs to explicitly denote who is their captain for their upcoming fixture in their weekly team sheets. Maybe we should.

Just quoting for relevance to current discussion.

Hate bit of a long shot and I can probably go through and do it later (and it would be a kinda helpful resource) but do you have a list of games played at alternate venues? (ie Heritage Round, International Round or whatever)

Hate bit of a long shot and I can probably go through and do it later (and it would be a kinda helpful resource) but do you have a list of games played at alternate venues? (ie Heritage Round, International Round or whatever)
Let's keep International Round non-canon.

I think the only canon international venues will have to be the MCG and Telstra Dome due to the AFL All-Stars.

That makes things a lot easier because not many Heritage games are played at alternate venues really.

I know the Hawks have gone back to Waverley a couple of times since they moved to the Eyrie and the Roys play at Renown Park in Heritage Rounds. Has there been a game at Outback Arena for premiership points recently or am I imagining things?

I have venue data for matches but I haven't gone through the process of checking the accuracy, I gave up when I had discussion with Mobbs and he was like 'yeah but this ground was that, in that location, but named this and then that, but then over to that location and named this for that club, but then renamed to this and moved 5 metres to the right' (my interpretation). I tagged some rounds with HR/IR/RR/SR but have not gone back to re-do them and check accuracy.

Has there been a game at Outback Arena for premiership points recently or am I imagining things?
Heritage Round S26 (R08) and S28 (R07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back