General Problems Thread - 2016 onwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey there, had PC for a few months but always used wireless headphones, I now want to use speakers but the audio jack is being unresponsive and saying it's not plugged in, already confirmed it's not a cable issue I tried 5 different cables and headphones.
fixed, didn't try motherboard one bit silly

Does anyone have any recommendations for the clarity settings for a 2021 LG C1 OLED TV (e.g. sharpness, 'super resolution', 'smooth gradation', 'TruMotion') for footy?

Cheers.

Anyone else getting those annoying Browserjack ads when browsing BigFooty on Android: Purporting to be from your mobile provider and telling you you've won a free phone?
I have had my Bigfooty forums wrecked by them the last few days

Anyone else getting those annoying Browserjack ads when browsing BigFooty on Android: Purporting to be from your mobile provider and telling you you've won a free phone?
I have had my Bigfooty forums wrecked by them the last few days
People have suggested brave browser ect, since you have an Android just use the adguard DNS thing, look up "how to use adguard DNS"

I had them back in January

Anyone else get a verification code from Afterpay just now?
I don't use Afterpay, never have and never will.
I'm wondering if there is some sort of scam or attempted security breach involved.
Looked on Reddit briefly and apparently there have been quite a few people getting these codes texted to them.

Anyone else get a verification code from Afterpay just now?
I don't use Afterpay, never have and never will.
I'm wondering if there is some sort of scam or attempted security breach involved.
Looked on Reddit briefly and apparently there have been quite a few people getting these codes texted to them.
Most likely a scam, the easiest way to tell is to look at the url they provide you, it'll usually be afterpay / verify ect

Here's something weird:

I have noticed that sometimes when I get close to my house or when a car drives past in the shopping centre carpark, my AirPods 2 drop out. Click the button and they start again.

I have this theory that stronger Bluetooth signals are flooding out the airpods signal.

Thoughts anyone?

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

🤔 we had a blackout a month ago and my daughter's PC was on... Since then it won't turn on.. neither her or I have any idea about PC's ect.. just wondering if anyone would have a clue to as why this could of happened?

If it's an easy fix and just replace the part that would be great... If not oh well she will have to save up and buy another one.

🤔 we had a blackout a month ago and my daughter's PC was on... Since then it won't turn on.. neither her or I have any idea about PC's ect.. just wondering if anyone would have a clue to as why this could of happened?

If it's an easy fix and just replace the part that would be great... If not oh well she will have to save up and buy another one.
Power supply? Motherboard could have been damaged. I would take it to a repairer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone got insights into google search results being all purple hyperlinked? No matter what topic, if I'm logged in to google via say gmail, I noticed today that every result comes up as purple rather than blue. Have checked different browsers (edge, firefox) search engines (duckduckgo, bing) and in an incognito window and only when logged in to a google account in a normal browser window using google search does it happen. Clearing browser cache, restart and manually setting colours for hyperlink text doesn't seem to work.

Bitlocker ffffffu.

I got a Dell yesterday and started the process of transferring files from old laptop , binning Edge skipping Microsoft upsell and generally happy with the new gear

Go out get home boot up laptop and needs bitlocker key

WTF

Go online doesn't seem to be many solutions

Go into factory reset. ' you need bitlocker key ' ffffffu

System data delete. Ok new laptop should be good. Check some more hmm don't delete system files

What happens if I press ok delete system files and personal files?

As it's new personal would be minimal

But system?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back