AFLW General AFLW Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

No favours for finishing top 4.
Whereas the loser of crows demons get a team with a 2 day advantage, the loser of Brions tigers get a team with a 4 hour break 🤮🤮🤮

No favours for finishing top 4.
Whereas the loser of crows demons get a team with a 2 day advantage, the loser of Brions tigers get a team with a 4 hour break 🤮🤮🤮
Yeah but when we win we will get the Friday prelim and have an extra day heading into the GF. 😏

Rnd 5 vs Bris
No Kb
No S Hosking
No S Reid

and we played
Brancatisano through the midfield Steph williams, Molan and Jemima Woods debut

I reckon we’ve got a chance
Who were they missing? Wardlaw and?

No Bec Miller for us either from memory. Just checked this is correct. No Yassir either.

Who were they missing? Wardlaw and?
Not sure and yep no
Miller
Poppy
KB
Hosking
Reid
Yassir

Wardlaw is 6”1 or 185 but marks on the lead
2,1,4,2,2.3,1,2,2.3 from 9 games this season, only missed our game.
Shevlin 174
Miller 184

Miller got lead to the ball a lot last quarter against North probably be better with Shevlin back to help out.

I was thinking to keep all the backs that have played well drop Keily move J Hosking HF and play Sheerin on the wing. In the action not fat side wing.

We just gotta kick more goals
1 vs Cats
4 vs Crows
2 vs Lions
4 vs Norf

Haven’t generated more than 7 shots on goal against a top 8 team

Not sure and yep no
Miller
Poppy
KB
Hosking
Reid
Yassir

Wardlaw is 6”1 or 185 but marks on the lead
2,1,4,2,2.3,1,2,2.3 from 9 games this season, only missed our game.
Shevlin 174
Miller 184

Miller got lead to the ball a lot last quarter against North probably be better with Shevlin back to help out.

I was thinking to keep all the backs that have played well drop Keily move J Hosking HF and play Sheerin on the wing. In the action not fat side wing.

We just gotta kick more goals
1 vs Cats
4 vs Crows
2 vs Lions
4 vs Norf

Haven’t generated more than 7 shots on goal against a top 8 team
Early in year KB was out , we play a fairly defensive brand which generally does make it harder to score ourselves. Id be pretty happy if we can keep the lions to 1G again

Cox would be massively stiff to get dropped. I’d almost have though McClelland would be the one to make way (she’d be mighty stiff too)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it was me making the selection calls it would be...
Out: Kelly, Brancatisano
In: Shevlin (if fit), S Hosking

Cox hasn't done much wrong this season and was pretty good last week so I wouldn't be dropping her.

Tigers nominated

MVP Mon Conti - Jasmine Garner - Georgie Prespakis - Maddy Prespakis
Match Winning Moment Gabby Seymour smother- Alyssa Bannan goal - Eliza James goal - Ellie Blackburn goal
Game of the Year R5 Tigers v Brisbane, Rd 10 Tigers v Nth Melb - R2 Carton v Essendon - R9 Adelaide v Geelong

Wakefield retires. Surely we target a FF this trade period
You would hope so, said at the start of the season if we could have somehow grabbed a Bonnie Toogood, we would have been a lock for a Grand Final with the list we had. The girls did well considering the experience void on our list. If we do it internally, Stella Reid is probably the future there, but I think she'll probably still be three or four more seasons off being dominant enough.

I really hope we pre-season Beth Lynch as a midfielder. She is really growing into the ball chasing role and given what we now have down back, think we can afford to push her up the ground. Her intensity will be invaluable in there. Leave MacKenzie to play a more outside mid / half forward where her damage will at its highest.

You would hope so, said at the start of the season if we could have somehow grabbed a Bonnie Toogood, we would have been a lock for a Grand Final with the list we had. The girls did well considering the experience void on our list. If we do it internally, Stella Reid is probably the future there, but I think she'll probably still be three or four more seasons off being dominant enough.

I really hope we pre-season Beth Lynch as a midfielder. She is really growing into the ball chasing role and given what we now have down back, think we can afford to push her up the ground. Her intensity will be invaluable in there. Leave MacKenzie to play a more outside mid / half forward where her damage will at its highest.
Would you put Sophie Molan on the trade table? What are our picks looking like at this stage?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back