No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Adem Yze should just walk into his press conference and say, “At least we ain’t St Kilda”, and walk out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why all the boots into Richmond. They are exactly where they should be after 3 flags in 4 years. You'd take it every time. They just made the mistake of trying to top up with two goodish players at the expense of draft picks... much like hawthorn.

Still, it's kind of funny.
For the most part, I'd suspect, boots are in because their supporters have been insufferable last 7 years.
Jump on to their forum or game day thread and you'll see for yourself.

Boots are in because there supporters have been insufferable last 7 years.
Jump on to their forum or game day thread and you'll see for yourself.
So you go to their board to read what they’ve got to say & then you find them insufferable ??

I’m sure if people came to our board during the 3peat they’d say we were insufferable.

In fact, if they came to our board now there would be some who’d say we are still insufferable

So you go to their board to read what they’ve got to say & then you find them insufferable ??

I’m sure if people came to our board during the 3peat they’d say we were insufferable.

In fact, if they came to our board now there would be some who’d say we are still insufferable
Stop talking so much sense. This is big footy!!!! Hawthorn made no draft mistakes and Richmond is nothing like a mirror image of exactly what happened to us. Headfigged anyone? Any insufferable threads spring to mind?

Has there ever been a coach that only had 1 season? I can’t see them being patient

Do I feel sorry for Adem Yze that he has inherited a basket case or was there a reason he has previously struggled to get a gig when you consider how many premiership players are still out there.

Is it him?

I’m pretty sure he got rejected for about 4-5 coaching gigs before landing this one - apparently he also won the pitch saying they could still contend for a premiership without changing much. The injury list will get him another season - but if he doesn’t get results with a fuller compliment of players he won’t be there long.

Not sure why all the boots into Richmond. They are exactly where they should be after 3 flags in 4 years. You'd take it every time. They just made the mistake of trying to top up with two goodish players at the expense of draft picks... much like hawthorn.

Still, it's kind of funny.
I wish some of our supporters had this same clarity and perspective when it happened to us. Not sure we were even this bad.

I wish some of our supporters had this same clarity and perspective when it happened to us. Not sure we were even this bad.
There are some pretty big differences between us and Richmond when we chose to top up tho.

Tom and Jaegs were 2-3 years younger than Hopper and Taranto, we still had Gunners, Breust, Shiels, Frawley, Smith, Cyril, Stratts under 28. Probably bore a bit more optimism than Richmond.

Richmond topped up with 2 older guys, while their guys like Lynch, Prestia, Grimes, Dusty, Cotchin, Riewoldt were all 30+. Their call to take on those 2 was the most predictably bad one you could imagine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back