No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

What I'd give for two mid/forwards as good as Heeney and Warner.

How did Warner slip to the second round?

Eagles and Dockers board should be asking the same question

Weird.
Cats got smacked and I felt the schadenfreude. It was pleasant.
Carlton went down...badly...I don't really feel anything. It's just..'yeah, of course.'
So...I'm ambivalent towards the season.

Can we mathematically make the 8 if we win everything from now?
I mean...if we can...why not? to hell with carefully planned development...let's just bludgeon our way in?
Just playing with the ladder predictor and I can't see how this doesn't happen....

1715969474957.png

Sydney are on fire at the moment.

Every match that goes past makes our loss seem not so bad. At least we beat them in the middle, just gave them the ball back at every opportunity after that. Putting aside Carlton's fast start they were beaten comprehensively.

Every match that goes past makes our loss seem not so bad. At least we beat them in the middle, just gave them the ball back at every opportunity after that. Putting aside Carlton's fast start they were beaten comprehensively.
I agree with this - was watching it and thought "This looks familiar". Just that total obliteration through the midfield.

We had a good crack against them - but were just destroyed by a better team. Wasn't disappointed with us that day.

We have a total of 0 dangerous mids frwd of the ball. Until we fix this area, foggettabout finals.
We'll get there.

Moore is a forward/midfielder. So is CMac and Newcombe can hit the goals when he's up there. Still getting our groove though.
Let's not forget that Heeney was very flashy and inconsistent for a loooooong time.

Funny how both games this round have put our worst losses into perspective.

starting to think our loss to the Swines in the context of the thumping they are giving the blues now wasn't so bad - at the time people were talking about sacking our coach - no one will be talking about sacking Voss. - again it shows how ridiculously hard our first 6-7 weeks were.
You don't know Carlton supporters then, any loss and they jump off the team something horrible.
Just look at halfway through last season

You don't know Carlton supporters then, any loss and they jump off the team something horrible.
Just look at halfway through last season
And long may it continue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong did not start the year on fire - they beat the Saints, Crows, Hawks, Dogs, North, Lions and then Carlton.

I’ll pay Carlton as a good win - all the rest are bottom 4 or massive underachievers this year.
They didn't beat carlton though. There were three extra players in that game. One of the worst I've seen. No wonder carlton put in a formal complaint.

I know a guy who sits in the box with the Crows (total flog, not unlike the head coach, but I digress).

I asked him why they don’t put more work into Daicos. His response is that “he gets a lot of it, but he’s not particularly damaging.”

In the last four matchups between Crows/Pies, Daicos is averaging 36.0 touches and 1.0 goal. Collingwood have won all four of those matchups by 5, 3, 1, 4 points.

Dumb, arrogant coaching. There’s the difference right there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back