No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Man does anyone watch Chris Scott's press conference after a loss? He sounds like such a douche. The whole discussion around Tom Hawkins and the way he addressed it was so passive aggressive and condescending. Really gets on my goat.

Man does anyone watch Chris Scott's press conference after a loss? He sounds like such a douche. The whole discussion around Tom Hawkins and the way he addressed it was so passive aggressive and condescending. Really gets on my goat.
What is the Hawkins talk? Did I miss something?

Has always been like that even in his playing days.

IMG_0270.jpeg
Got a copy of this weeks State Budget. Showed the proposed new Cats Stadium scoreboard. (Cost$4,000,000.00) They are allowed to keep the change to use however they want too.

Is it me or is there a media black out on Cameron not coming off for HIA, he was clearly not right. They get protected in every way. No media asked the question in the presser last night too

I don’t even understand how it works. The doc went out and was asking him how he felt after it, Cameron clearly saying I’m fine etc. Why does the players personal judgement even get a say? It should be sorry mate you’re off the ground no questions asked

Highly influential international concussion ‘doctor’ from Melbourne with various sporting ties including AFL… pretty much founded Concussion in Sport Group who run conferences the AFL attend. Makdissi, his student.

Jeremy Cameron, didn’t watch. If in doubt, sit it out.

Hot off the press…

https://retractionwatch.com/2024/05/09/concussion-researcher-mccrory-up-to-17-retractions/

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It might not apply to players who want to get back on the park ASAP, but still a very interesting read.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-05-09/acl-cross-bracing-protocol-natural-heal/103816688
Thanks for the share it's a very interesting read. In regard to when Mitch Lewis hurt his ACL in 2023 which at the time was reported as a sprained ACL. In relation to this article where they grade the healing results into five categories I wonder if the sprain that Lewis had has made the the ligament less taut which would mean the knee mechanism is now less stable.

The 5 healing categories:
  1. Gold medal — full thickness and fully taut, aka you have your old ACL back
  2. Silver medal — full thickness but elongated
  3. Bronze medal — reduced thickness but taut
  4. Off the podium — reduced thickness and elongated
  5. No healing at all

Here's the article from when Lewis sprained his ACL with which I feel all the problems started:

Pleased to see Jesse Hogan playing so well . Looked like he would be a superstar at Melbourne, then fell away to disaster at Freo and now right up there in the Coleman hunt and playing great footy in a contender. Giants got a steal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back