No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

In a team already blessed with key position players, Darcy's shaping up to be the best of them. Reckon it's about time to do away with father-son. Way too much of an advantage. Right after we get a couple of Crawfords, Hodges and Burgoynes, that is.

Scott's a knob but he is the best coach currently . They defend first and set up the ground better than anyone .
Their forward line runs efficiently with space and they punish any slight mistake.
They then have Cameron, Stewart and Hawkins to win them games .

Still reckon they'll get overun in finals . Old team and bar Holmes/de koning there under 23s are average role players
They won a premiership two years ago with the oldest team on record if I am not mistaken.

Theirs to lose this year I'd say (as much as it pains me to admit it).

Its a trend this year I am noticing, the well coached / well drilled teams like Geelong, Sydney, Melbourne are winning games of footy even when they have been outplayed via their systems.

They won a premiership two years ago with the oldest team on record if I am not mistaken.

Its a trend this year I am noticing, the well coached / well drilled teams like Geelong, Sydney, Melbourne are winning games of footy even when they have been outplayed via their systems.
Oldest premiership side in history.

Our 2015 side is 2nd.

Collingwood last year was the 3rd oldest i believe.

Their kids who we all mocked in the off season have been really good so far this year.

Their ability to score from defence, plus their forward half pressure is as good as any team I’ve seen this year.

Still early and I hate to admit it but they’ll be there abouts towards the end of the season.

Oldest premiership side in history.

Our 2015 side is 2nd.

Collingwood last year was the 3rd oldest i believe.

The comp is so even these days that I think experience in pressure games is more important than it’s ever been. There’s not really any teams that really bully you with star power like the eagles of 2005/6 etc

Not sure about that, GWS look like they are on a mission.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the cats are 7-0 and prior to the season I posted that their best 22 looked pretty good and that they would rise significantly for which I was widely lambasted. It gives me no joy to say I was right. God they just seem to have everything go their way. And I think we need to get more commentary options I can’t spend the next 20 years listening to dangerflog.

They can do that because they have an older experienced list.
The coach can spend more time tactically which is Scotts strength while a lower side will need most time on player development etc

Older teams certainly can win it ......it more how they fare in the 2-3 seasons post that .

The coach can spend more time tactically which is Scotts strength while a lower side will need most time on player development etc

Older teams certainly can win it ......it more how they fare in the 2-3 seasons post that .
Don’t quite agree with that - their player development is absolutely first rate. They routinely turn bog average players like Miers and underperforming blokes at other clubs like Bruhn and Bowes into genuinely good players.

Don’t quite agree with that - their player development is absolutely first rate. They routinely turn bog average players like Miers and underperforming blokes at other clubs like Bruhn and Bowes into genuinely good players.
It’s all about their systems, the culture and the experiences players they have around them that gets the best out of these previously average players. How many times have we seen a Geelong player go to another club and then suddenly become next to useless.

It helps when one of your tactics is "Kick it to Jezza!". Few can turn a game like that bloke.

Didn't BT need to be coached on how to pronounce Changkuoth Jiath's name after using his initials CJ for an entire game? Think he commented several times during the game that it was OK'd by CJ or even his family LOL. You can get away with things like that on the face of it but it is pretty poor that he even thought that it was OK to do that.

If NRL commentators can correctly (mostly) pronounce the Polynesian player names then BT has no excuse on not being able to pronounce something as simple as ‘Jiath’.

lesser of 2 evils though

Oh undoubtedly - and even though I like some GWS players I really don’t want to see the AFL rewarded by either of the plastic franchises getting a flag I’d still want them to get one before Geelong or Essendon.

Didn't BT need to be coached on how to pronounce Changkuoth Jiath's name after using his initials CJ for an entire game? Think he commented several times during the game that it was OK'd by CJ or even his family LOL. You can get away with things like that on the face of it but it is pretty poor that he even thought that it was OK to do that.
Especially because it isn't even that hard of a name to pronounce if you just take the time to educate yourself.

Pathetic what we are willing to accept from these clowns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back