Preview Geelong v Port Friday May 10 710 pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it would have to be a hell of alot better than he played against Carlton , because he was no good at all . on the big MCG against a decent opponent

Mannagh and Hardie must be scratching their heads , what do we have to do to get a game in the seniors

Parfitt is like that little ex Footscray half forward flanker , Scott just keeps playing him and playing him
Parfitt is an inside mid the same as Bruhn. Parfitt played 6 good games before he had a bad one against Carlton. Mannagh looks an outside player to me. Don't know about Hardie.

Last edited:
Well it would have to be a hell of alot better than he played against Carlton , because he was no good at all . on the big MCG against a decent opponent

Mannagh and Hardie must be scratching their heads , what do we have to do to get a game in the seniors

Parfitt is like that little ex Footscray half forward flanker , Scott just keeps playing him and playing him

Parfitt is nothing like Dahlhaus

As mentioned, Mannagh isn't competing with Parfitt for a game.

Parfitt had one quiet game but deserves one more chance at least after his good early-season form.

It's unfortunate for Hardie but very few injuries mean he's stuck in the queue. I would think that Clohesy is probably ahead of him too as an inside mid.

Isn't this just the equalling of games record?
Milestone game should be when he breaks it?

I think because it's a big moment in front of Cats fans in a primetime TV slot on Friday night.
Tying the all time games record with arguably the greatest Geelong Cat ever and his best friend in Selwood.

Will get just as much fanfare at Kardinia when he breaks the record.

I think because it's a big moment in front of Cats fans in a primetime TV slot on Friday night.
Tying the all time games record with arguably the greatest Geelong Cat ever and his best friend in Selwood.

Will get just as much fanfare at Kardinia when he breaks the record.
IF Conway and Neale were both available, I would have preferred they defer this game equalling feat to later on when he was actually back in form.

Yeah one sub-par game undid all of his previous 2024 ones, didn't it?

We need to get you back to the future, because it appears you are stuck in 2023.

IF Conway and Neale were both available, I would have preferred they defer this game equalling feat to later on when he was actually back in form.

He's gonna have a big game i'm positive of it, guys will be looking to him early and often and i don't think Port will have the manpower to worry about Hawk without leaving Jezza, Rowan, Stengle, Miers, Close, Dempsey etc wide open.

Early changes:

Out: Bruhn (inj), Tuohy (mgr) & Bowes (mgr)
In: ?, ? & ?

Guessing we'll see someone playing off a short break

Scott said in presser that Parfitt and MOC are coming in so that's two of your Ins right there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott said in presser that Parfitt and MOC are coming in so that's two of your Ins right there.

7 failed to mention any ins - I was pretty sure on those two, but wanted to play it safe

We must have absolutely zero regard for Port in Geelong.
No Danger or Bruhn and we rest Bowes so we can run with Atkins, Clark, Guthrie and... Brandon :drunk:

Guessing Neale's ankle is ok

Round 9

Geelong Cats v Port Adelaide
GMHBA Stadium, Geelong
7.10pm AEST Friday 10 May

In: Mark O'Connor, Brandan Parfitt, Oisin Mullin
Out: Tanner Bruhn (injured), Jack Bowes (managed), Zach Tuohy (managed)

BacksJack HenrySam De KoningJake Kolodjashnij
Half BacksZach GuthrieTom StewartMax Holmes
CentrelineMark O'ConnorBrandan ParfittMark Blicavs
Half ForwardsOllie DempseyJeremy CameronGryan Miers
ForwardsTyson StengleTom HawkinsOllie Henry
FollowersRhys StanleyCameron GuthrieMitch Duncan
InterchangeBrad CloseOisin MullinTom Atkins
Jhye ClarkGary Rohan
EmergenciesZach TuohyJack BowesShannon Neale

We must have absolutely zero regard for Port in Geelong.
No Danger or Bruhn and we rest Bowes so we can run with Atkins, Clark, Guthrie and... Brandon :drunk:

Correct - wouldn't be surprised if some of the timings with players being managed was pre-planned

Bowes missed the first couple of rounds due to a cork calf - so this may have always been the plan to get 5/6 games under his belt before a week off

We're also flying to Darwin on Tuesday, in preparation for Thursday night, so likely they'd be happy to have a couple of senior players fresh to come into the side for that clash

Duncan survives and is ready to resume whipping boy status after his first shocking game of 2024.

20 fairly classy touches coming up or else a couple on here will be physically trying to remove him from the field.

Interesting about Bowes. He doesn't play a massive amount of minutes and isn't old. I am guessing he was just next on the list.

But our midfield is now lacking Dangerfield, Bowes and Bruhn. A lot depends on Guthrie and Blicavs finding their best form, and Parfitt returning to his best after the so-so Carlton game.

Guessing Neale's ankle is ok

Round 9

Geelong Cats v Port Adelaide
GMHBA Stadium, Geelong
7.10pm AEST Friday 10 May

In: Mark O'Connor, Brandan Parfitt, Oisin Mullin
Out: Tanner Bruhn (injured), Jack Bowes (managed), Zach Tuohy (managed)

BacksJack HenrySam De KoningJake Kolodjashnij
Half BacksZach GuthrieTom StewartMax Holmes
CentrelineMark O'ConnorBrandan ParfittMark Blicavs
Half ForwardsOllie DempseyJeremy CameronGryan Miers
ForwardsTyson StengleTom HawkinsOllie Henry
FollowersRhys StanleyCameron GuthrieMitch Duncan
InterchangeBrad CloseOisin MullinTom Atkins
Jhye ClarkGary Rohan
EmergenciesZach TuohyJack BowesShannon Neale

Don't rule out a Scott Special late change either

Duncan survives and is ready to resume whipping boy status after his first shocking game of 2024.

20 fairly classy touches coming up or else a couple on here will be physically trying to remove him from the field.

Interesting about Bowes. He doesn't play a massive amount of minutes and isn't old. I am guessing he was just next on the list.

But our midfield is now lacking Dangerfield, Bowes and Bruhn. A lot depends on Guthrie and Blicavs finding their best form, and Parfitt returning to his best after the so-so Carlton game.

Wouldn't have been surprised if it was Duncan being managed had this week but been game #355

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back