Preview Geelong v Port Friday May 10 710 pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humphries anyone?

Looks like he is dominating VFL this year. Don't we want the ball winners that hurt opposition?

He is certainly tracking nicely but I reckon his stats are inflated a bit by taking plenty of kick-ins.

I won't be shocked if he is a regular in the next year or two.

He is certainly tracking nicely but I reckon his stats are inflated a bit by taking plenty of kick-ins.

I won't be shocked if he is a regular in the next year or two.
I haven't looked at his stats TBH. He is a class above VFL after 5 games... Gonna be a ripper.

Where do you think we will end up ranked at the end of the season?

Where do you think Port will be ranked?

Because at GMHBA, with them not having Rozee - that's probably worth about 4 spots on your projected ladder.

E.g if you think Port will finish 2nd and Geelong 6th, then a Port victory might be a 50/50 proposition. Otherwise, we will be overwhelming favourites for a reason.

In my eyes, it would be playing them at Adelaide that is more like a 50/50 because I think Geelong will end up a handful of spots higher on the ladder than them.

This is my logical process anyway.

And by the way, I was not extremely confident against Melbourne or Carlton. I thought we'd win a close one and lose a close one from those two.
D BRIDGE old mate it is very rude not to reply. Maybe you missed my post. ;)

Humphries anyone?

Looks like he is dominating VFL this year. Don't we want the ball winners that hurt opposition?

He’s elite offensively - gets into good spots and has an amazing kick on both sides. But haven’t seen him do much defensively yet. I’d guess the coaches want to see some two-way running before a debut.

He’s elite offensively - gets into good spots and has an amazing kick on both sides. But haven’t seen him do much defensively yet. I’d guess the coaches want to see some two-way running before a debut.
And we need a spot. And he needs to get ahead of Mullin for a “small/mid” back next in?

If Cats had started off poor and no hope of finals I could see 2E, Duncan and others being pensioned off opening up spots for the next wave. But with top 4 realistic I just can’t see how these guys get a debut - no matter how exciting. Without injuries

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know what... I typed up a longish response but must not have hit post.

It sounds like you and I are on the same page that we should have Port covered though.
Ah, bummer. Sorry, yeah I was just interested where you had both sides in the power rankings landscape.

I really don't have too much difference between #2 and #5 or #6 right now. We are flawed but so are the sides around us, with Sydney ahead of all right now. Port would be just underneath that pack and losing Rozee is a big blow on top of that. It being in Adelaide would make anything possible but I'd be really disappointed to drop this one at GMHBA.

Gaelic football in Ireland is still essentially an amateur sport. Players can make money through endorsements but it's a fair way off the professionalism of AFL. For potential stars of Gaelic football like O'Connor and Mullin it's still a major step up to AFL in terms of training, fitness and professionalism. You've got to admire the way they pick up the game and go on to compete with elite players. O'Connor has made the transition but he has had to work hard. Mullin has what it takes physically and seems to be picking up the skills. I hope he makes it. Not to mention Zach Tuohy who has taken it to another level.

Cats: We have a problem...
Hawkins not functioning at capacity.
Urgent assistance needed.
Priority issue Scott needs to address.
Suggestions or Options requested

Bring in Neal as power forward?
Draw tall and free up Hawkins

Play Blitz at CHF
Will mark or bring ball to ground
Also good defensive worker

Play Stewart across Half Forward?
Strong marking player
Stop all intercept marks
Excellent defensive pressure.
or we could just play pick up sticks

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

You know what... I typed up a longish response but must not have hit post.

It sounds like you and I are on the same page that we should have Port covered though.
Agreed. I watched the showdown and Port were woeful. Heaps of close in handballing with no ability to get to the outside. Our smalls and mid tackling monsters will give them nightmares. Butters will have Atkins PTSD for months

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

He is very rushed in his disposal, just needs to tidy that up. Great competitor.

I agree but bruhn was like that in his first year here and disposal is a lot better this year. I think clark just needs to adjust to the level.

If Dempsey misses, then Mannagh picked a good week to kick four.

I think they will just put rohan in for dempsey though this week.
Dempsey will be sub or rested

Conway for stanley (managed) and oconnor for duncan (rested).

Guys like mannagh and hardie are more likely for the gc game next week i reckon.

I agree but bruhn was like that in his first year here and disposal is a lot better this year. I think clark just needs to adjust to the level.
Yep, 20 plus games in the 1s is needed to start rectifying that. And given the time he missed last year, maybe as many in the 2s. Not all mids start like a house on fire unless they are already built like brutes.

The opposition in the VFL has been very poor the last couple of weeks. Obviously this isnt our players fault but it has to be taken into account when it comes to selection. I dont think we see anyone from Sundays VFL game in the AFL this week. I do agree with posters optimism about Humphries but I dont think his body is AFL ready. We will see him next year.

Last week we left out our 3 best defensive mids, Danger, O'Connor and Parfitt. I'd say that was a huge part of the reason we lost. So for me, Parfitt and O'Connor come in for Bruhn (Inj) and someone else, but not Clark or Bowes. Looks like Conway comes in for Rhys. Also, Rohan starts.

Every week selection is very tough. My changes this week:

In: Conway O'Connor Parfitt
Out: Stanley Bruhn Dempsey
Sub: Duncan

I would challenge that. Lawson’s GPS numbers have him in the top 5 runners in the club most weeks, and that includes the AFL boys. He regularly cracks the 15km mark because he runs so hard both ways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back