Game of Thrones

Remove this Banner Ad

A mate of a mate made this:
9734_5d6f.jpeg

Half a day on & still can't believe it. Never have I been so shocked by a tv show.

I cracked it last night & told Mrs CA I'm not watching the show anymore. All she cared about was the wolf.

Someone who deserves to die better die soon!

The hound, I am starting to like & they are trying to make Jaime likable too. Soon thats all we'll have - people we used to hate who we now like.

Soon thats all we'll have - people we used to hate who we now like.

Who'll then die, completing the cycle.

I like that about the books. I think this was the point in the series where you lose that 'everything is going to work out in the end' feeling you normally get with fantasy series. Maybe Wile E Coyote will get the Road Runner?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Half a day on & still can't believe it. Never have I been so shocked by a tv show.

I cracked it last night & told Mrs CA I'm not watching the show anymore. All she cared about was the wolf.

Someone who deserves to die better die soon!

The hound, I am starting to like & they are trying to make Jaime likable too. Soon thats all we'll have - people we used to hate who we now like.
Thanks WGS for reminding me of this bitch fit (warranted). The 15 minute preview of season 4 looks interesting, that's for sure.

If people haven't seen it it's worth a look, but it does spoil a bit.

Was late to get on the bandwagon for this, but watched the shows over a few days during uni holidays, have now started on the books. The books are a bit of a chore, only mid-way through the 3rd at the moment. Kinda glad Catelyn won't be around for the rest of them though. Her chapters in the book are always so tedious I reckon.

Was late to get on the bandwagon for this, but watched the shows over a few days during uni holidays, have now started on the books. The books are a bit of a chore, only mid-way through the 3rd at the moment. Kinda glad Catelyn won't be around for the rest of them though. Her chapters in the book are always so tedious I reckon.

Just finished the books yesterday. I'm a quick reader but they do take a while to read.

But I didn't find them a chore at all, just a lot of words and detail and so many characters and plots to take in.

I loved them.

Thanks WGS for reminding me of this bitch fit (warranted). The 15 minute preview of season 4 looks interesting, that's for sure.

If people haven't seen it it's worth a look, but it does spoil a bit.

I think season 4 is going to be fantastic and predict it to have a good pace.

Some really exciting story arcs and I can't wait for this fantastic show to return

Saw the first series, loved it, bought the books. Found the first book heavy work because I'd seen the series, then whizzed through the rest of the books and thought they were great. Watched the rest of the tv series and while still decent was a bit meh about it. Tried to read the books again not too long ago, couldn't get through them. Once you know what happens and the various twists and turns, there isn't a lot of reason to go back. My 2 bob's worth anyway.

Once you know what happens and the various twists and turns, there isn't a lot of reason to go back. My 2 bob's worth anyway.
I think this is the problem with where I'm at now. I already have a pretty good idea of what'll happen for the rest of this book but I've still got a lot of it to go. Also there are a few characters who I've come to really dislike, so reading their bits is a bit annoying. Still enjoying it overall though.

I think this is the problem with where I'm at now. I already have a pretty good idea of what'll happen for the rest of this book but I've still got a lot of it to go. Also there are a few characters who I've come to really dislike, so reading their bits is a bit annoying. Still enjoying it overall though.
The books get really slow later in the series for this reason... So many seemingly pointless characters with chapters that go nowhere. Really frustrating stuff at times. I read all the books a couple of years ago after watching seasons 1 and 2 and I have limited recollection of what happens from here... Apart from a few large events haha

The books get really slow later in the series for this reason... So many seemingly pointless characters with chapters that go nowhere. Really frustrating stuff at times. I read all the books a couple of years ago after watching seasons 1 and 2 and I have limited recollection of what happens from here... Apart from a few large events haha

Agreed, particularly Book 4. You'd be going along and then it's like "Aww, who the heck is this now?"

Can't believe there's still two more books to come. We might be finished by about 2022. :rolleyes:

Not every book can be ASoS though. Whilst AFFC is a bit slow (Though it is much better on a second read) ADWD is excellent IMO. AGoT/ACoK have similar buildup as well (That is why I can't wait for TWOW, sooooo many things are meant to happen).

Also sorry if that sounds really confusing but if you know the book titles you will understand.

Not every book can be ASoS though. Whilst AFFC is a bit slow (Though it is much better on a second read) ADWD is excellent IMO. AGoT/ACoK have similar buildup as well (That is why I can't wait for TWOW, sooooo many things are meant to happen).

Also sorry if that sounds really confusing but if you know the book titles you will understand.
Yeah, of course they weren't all going to be as quick as the first couple of books, but it shits me how many seemingly useless characters he puts into those later books, only for them to disappear or get killed off. I just hope he has a grand, overarching plan to bring most of these guys back into it later on in a way that makes their chapters in the earlier books worthwhile.

I don't want to give too much away but one in particular is the Brienne plot line - incredibly slow and frustrating, and then confusing, so she had better have a really good contribution to make later on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back