Shield Game 1: Western Australia vs New South Wales, WACA, Monday 3rd-Thursday 6th October, 1:30 AEDT

More Points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Right on cue for me, he was.

There's a lot to like about him. Looks very well suited to the longer format as well, rather than just a shotmaker. Real nice technique to fall back onto.

Watch this space for sure.
Seems a long format player for sure. I highly doubt he’ll be in the the One Day side for a while.

My guess is WA’s plan will be to give him some experience in the middle order of the Shield team, with the eventual hope to have him move into the openers role.

Right on cue for me, he was.

There's a lot to like about him. Looks very well suited to the longer format as well, rather than just a shotmaker. Real nice technique to fall back onto.

Watch this space for sure.

Was reading somewhere he's modelled his game on Rahul Dravid

This gets done tonight, doesn't it? Surely a session is long enough to chase 70-odd?

NSW bowlers did well in the first innings and really managed to apply the brakes on the scoring.
It's no given

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NSW bowlers did well in the first innings and really managed to apply the brakes on the scoring.
It's no given
Yeah, but given you can have an extra half an hour if you're close.

Good to see a promising young batsmen in Wylie score runs, but a bit concerned about the drop off in young batsmen coming thru the NSW system. Always been the breeding ground for future Australian players.

I know teams are rarely at full strength in the Shield these days but scary to think WA could add S Marsh, M Marsh, Green, Inglis, Richardson, Stoinis, Agar at various stages during the year. And there's no room for Short with Wyllie and Fanning in there
Must be said the win was led by our younger players, namely Morris, Wyllie and Roc.

I don't think Bison, Green, Stoinis or Agar will play much if any at all in the baggy black this summer but when you consider Turner also didn't play, the depth is pleasing.

Weird, for some reason I always thought Kurtis Patterson was the youngest Shield centurion, pretty sure he's been talked up as such. Either way, great achievement.

Youngest to score a century on debut, but not the youngest overall.

Made the same mistake

Back