Fyfe to the Wing

Remove this Banner Ad

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Too soon?

It'd be a perfect experiment, if he's confident enough in his fitness.

Acres has provided a lot of contested grunt this year and Fyfe is the top candidate in that race.

He could roam that wing and you'd know he'd work it harder than anybody. Great place to take a few hangers as well.

We could get the most out of him without disrupting the midfield mix that's been humming along.

Aerobically I think our next best big body option to put the work in to replace the work Acres puts in, it's not Fyfe. It's Ethan Hughes.

Aerobically I think our next best big body option to put the work in to replace the work Acres puts in, it's not Fyfe. It's Ethan Hughes.
While Hughes' judgement has improved markedly, I still wouldn't be overly confident for that judgement to be consistently tested on the wing.

Freddy is someone I'd love to see be given time on the wing too. Him and Colyer could be the ones to fill the role rotating.
Freddy could play high half forward to add pace along the wing and keep the opposition on their toes.

What about Clark? He loves to run, takes on the tackler. Perfect replacement I would say for Acres?
Chapman comes in and takes his spot, Hughes stays.
Really REALLY despise Tucker in the 22. Just slow everything down
Clark's pretty happy on the half back though. He doesn't have the contested grunt Acres has brought this year either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clark's pretty happy on the half back though. He doesn't have the contested grunt Acres has brought this year either.
To be fair, none of the replacement will do that.
Henry- absolutely not.
Tucker- slow as, and can’t even get the ball

Hughes - wouldn’t mind either, perhaps just too passive in the play. Kicks well however. Can run all day, underrated in that area

Aish probably will take that other wing spot. Perhaps in time, Chapman will slowly build into that role? Not this season though

To be fair, none of the replacement will do that.
Henry- absolutely not.
Tucker- slow as, and can’t even get the ball

Hughes - wouldn’t mind either, perhaps just too passive in the play. Kicks well however. Can run all day, underrated in that area

Aish probably will take that other wing spot. Perhaps in time, Chapman will slowly build into that role? Not this season though
Fyfe?

post title GIF

I like the suggestion of Clark, tbh. I have long thought we should try a running rebounding defender on the wing and have wanted us to try Wilson in the past.

I actually like it but watching him at Peel last week and now today, his fitness levels aren't there

Our wings roles value a massive tank, Acres has been great getting to defense and attack, Fyfe coming off 10 months doesn't have the running capacity

I actually like it but watching him at Peel last week and now today, his fitness levels aren't there

Our wings roles value a massive tank, Acres has been great getting to defense and attack, Fyfe coming off 10 months doesn't have the running capacity
This is the biggest question mark for giving it a go I reckon. If anyone could build the capacity that quickly from a long layoff, it's Fyfe.

I like the idea. But as other have said I’d question his aerobic capacity after such a long layoff.

Clark would be good option too, but I see Chapman owning it in a few years.

Aish, Tucker and the Smokey for me is Chappy. Gazelle who can run all day or Clark, who we all wanted there pre season

We do have Henry, Colyer, Raz, worner who could do the job ok. And hopefully Noddy returns soon, and Acres hammy isn’t too bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back