Freo's future.... this is ugly reading

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL

Can't see the facts when they are staring at you in the face.

Over the next 4-5 years there will be 50-60 young players for them to choose from to form their best side. Obviously they won't be on the list at the same time. That's the point, they delist the ones that won't make it and keep the ones they do. They'll delist about 20 and keep about 35.

Lots of choice for the eagles. The dockers will be forced to keep all their young players, good or bad, because the majority of their list will be retiring in 4-5 years and won't have the luxury of delisting any 20 year olds. So basically you need to have a 90% or higher success rate in drafting in the next few years to have a decent side. :)

And considering we're talking about Freo, I think we all know how that will turn out :D:thumbsu:

Problem is you are all telling us how great the Dockers young talent is NOW. You can talk about all the future picks in the world but they don't guarantee anything... especially given that future drafts are going to be picked dry by the gold coast team.

As for this years draft well you are going to lose pick 3 now.. so thats pick 4. You've lost the priority pick when you beat us so that's pick 19 you have lost as well. Even oif you replace those 10 lost players in the draft this year all of your draft picks are going to be in the 3rd/4th round of the draft... all around pick 70 so they will all be ordinary talent.

Bit of a generalisation on how good we think our youngsters are. We are probably guilty of being very excited about our core guys like Palmer, Ibbo, Warnock & Drum ....also there is not a member around that wouldn't be over the moon about having Palmer on their list.

The clubs most guilty of pumping up their youth program (and with good reason) are C'wood, Essendon,WC, Carlton & Richmond ...you have a lot of quality young players. However Notte is not a lock as a champion forward just because he looks very good now. Michael johnson had the world at this feet as a youngster ....he now is lucky to be in our best 18, Murphy is and was a star at WAFL - at 23 he hasn't taken that next step (luckily Campbell appears too).

Pick 3 or pick 4 ....may be important to you, it is more important for our club to win and not too many Freo fans are ruing winning on the Fri night stage. Please take the PP ...I think you are underestimating how far WC have fallen .....if you lose Kerr, there is going to be tremendous pressure on the Mastens etc. I'd rather see Drum show he is a very good KPP than pick 4.

West Coast are going to be down for a number of seasons ...with GC coming in, it is perhaps the worst time to bottom out.

I would not say our youngsters are the reason I get overly excited...what I like is inshallah in about 2-3 seasons we may see fruit borne from the meeting of a good group of youngsters and a good group of senior players.

Of our most important/best 5 players ..only one of them would be what I consider a youngster.

On the draft - we won't be drafting 10 players with most of the picks in the 70's. If Warnock, Murphy, Mundy &/or Carr go ..there is likely to be a couple of trades there or even a re-signing with the club.

Plus the beauty of having a list with experienced players is we don't have to throw the kids who are not ready in. Hinkley is allowed to develop, Ebert/Masten are already hit with injury....Notte had to play and he looks like a 5th goal post.

Freo will quite happily take players with the AFL quality with picks 4, 24 & 39 ...we can then afford to look at the potential types. We are in no rush to play them if they are not ready.

On the draft - we won't be drafting 10 players with most of the picks in the 70's. If Warnock, Murphy, Mundy &/or Carr go ..there is likely to be a couple of trades there or even a re-signing with the club.

You won't get anything for Warnock... he's uncontracted and Melbourne have 1st pick in that draft. Josh Carr is worth no more than a 3rd round pick at his age. Mundy maybe... Murphy struggles to even get a game at Fremantle so what trade value is he..... been in the system too long... although I think he is a perfect example of a good player that was fremantled.

So really you have nothing much to trade with.

You won't get anything for Warnock... he's uncontracted and Melbourne have 1st pick in that draft. Josh Carr is worth no more than a 3rd round pick at his age. Mundy maybe... Murphy struggles to even get a game at Fremantle so what trade value is he..... been in the system too long... although I think he is a perfect example of a good player that was fremantled.

Said with all the typical non-bias of the grinning idiot!!

Let's come back to this summation after all the dust has settled??

Because as usual, you are only summising and trolling.

Another one that doesnt quite get it.

I get that Fremantle are rooted, don't worry about that. It's quite a depressing sypnosis for wanchor supporters (especially given that much of the talent in the next few years will be plundered by GC/WestSydney).

I was merely alluding to the fact that clubs must cut at least 6 players off their list each year, and cannot hold more than 38 at a time during the season. The timeframe of four years that you mention is irrelevant.

I get that Fremantle are rooted, don't worry about that. It's quite a depressing sypnosis for wanchor supporters (especially given that much of the talent in the next few years will be plundered by GC/WestSydney).

I was merely alluding to the fact that clubs must cut at least 6 players off their list each year, and cannot hold more than 38 at a time during the season. The timeframe of four years that you mention is irrelevant.
What don't you get?

They have about 30 kids now.

In the next 4 years they will draft about another 25.

So from those 55 players they will be able to choose about 30 to be on their list in about 4 years. It's a luxury being able to draft 50-60 kids over a period of time and keep the best 30 odd. Compared to Freo who will only have about 30 kids to enter their list over this same period and will basically have to hope that each one of them is of AFL standard.

What don't you get?

So from those 55 players they will be able to choose about 30 to be on their list in about 4 years. It's a luxury being able to draft 50-60 kids over a period of time and keep the best 30 odd. Compared to Freo who will only have about 30 kids to enter their list over this same period and will basically have to hope that each one of them is of AFL standard.

Not to mention the kids Freo will have over the same period are of lesser quality because of the draft system being raped by GC and West Sydney in the years Freo will need them most :D

What don't you get?

Putting 50-60 kids onto the list constitutes 8 to 10 years drafting, by which times a large proportion of the players you are talking about don't qualify as kids, whether they remain on the list or not. Are you saying that Freo will only draft 30 kids in the next 8-10 years?

In my opinion that's taking a fairly long view of things, given that clubs fortunes can turn around quicker than that.

It's true that Fremantle are going to find it much tougher to achieve success, given that their list is aged and shite. A higher percentage of their draftees will have to cut it, given that most of their experienced players will have left. I'm not arguing that point.

Freo will probably spend a long time at the bottom end of the ladder due to the decisions they have made since well, their inception really. But this is likely to give them early picks (diluted by the new franchises though they may be) giving them access to talent, and denying other, more successful clubs like WC a chance to draft early.

Putting 50-60 kids onto the list constitutes 8 to 10 years drafting, by which times a large proportion of the players you are talking about don't qualify as kids, whether they remain on the list or not. Are you saying that Freo will only draft 30 kids in the next 8-10 years?
West Coast already have about 30. In 4 years they will add 25-30 more.

From that 55-60 they get to keep the best 30.

Freo only have about 6 or 7 kids atm. They will add about 25-30 more in the next 4-5 years.

From that 30-35 they get to keep the best 30.

Simple.

Said with all the typical non-bias of the grinning idiot!!

Let's come back to this summation after all the dust has settled??

Because as usual, you are only summising and trolling.

I really find it amusing how you act all high and mighty in here, when half the time your posts are just made of hypocrisy and bullshit.

I really find it amusing how you act all high and mighty in here, when half the time your posts are just made of hypocrisy and bullshit.

Not to mention small penis and mum jokes :thumbsu:

Also add failure to stick to the topic under any circumstance :thumbsu:

I was having a look at the current Fremantle situation.... now I am not nostradamus... but I can see their future and it looks damn ugly

If we take a look at this year.... Bell, McManus, Johnson, M Carr, Black, Webster have all retired. Farmer is going to be delisted. Josh Carr wants to go back to Port Adelaide. Robert Warnock has told Freo he wants out.... Ryan Murphy wants out as well. That means 10 guys will leave the Fremantle team this year

Now what is frightening is that Fremantle have by far the least amount of players on their squad under the age of 23... they only have 7 players!!!! Next worst team after St Kilda has 20 players.

With Warnock leaving that only leaves 6 players on the entire Fremantle senior list under the age of 23 People keep saying they have a wonderful young players.... they barely have enough to even field 1/4 of a side!

Now generally players have peaked and will struggle from the age of 28, 29... 30 onwards. If we look 4 years from now in 2012 and put a name through all of the players on the current Dockers list that will be 28 in 2012..... it makes disastrous reading for all Fremantle supporters. Their poor trading and lack of planning for the future by giving up draft picks for the likes of Tarrant and co.... means they are probably going to have the worst list since Fitzroy of 1996.

Players who will be too old in 2012 and probably retired.
Soloman 32
Hayden 32
Tarrant 32
Grover 32
McPharlin 31
Headland 31
Haselby 31
Pavlich 31
Sandilands 30
Thornton 30

Players who will be well past their best in 2012 and either retired or delisted.
Gilmore 29
Head 29
Peake 29
Dodd 29
Crowley 28
Browne 28
Johnson 28

That is a total of 27 players on the current Fremantle list that will be retired or past their best in only 4 years time!!

To show how much of a mess they are in... if those players are gone by 2012 in 4 years time Adam Campbell who has only played 10 career games will be the oldest player on the list.

The entire Dockers squad will be in order of age in 2012

Campbell 27
Duffield 27
Schammer 27
Mundy 27
Foster 27
Bradley 27
Drum 25
Ibbotson 24
O'Brien 24
Maybe 24
Palmer 23
Hinkley 23

That is it. That is their entire list in 4 years time..... 12 players plus whoever from the list above is still around at an old age. This is unbelievable lack of foresight and planning by the Dockers all because they wanted short term glory with what they thought was a premiership team.

The real kick in the guts for this awful club... is that they are going to be forced to put a ridiculous amount of kids on their list in the next 2-3 years to make up for the lack of numbers.... and there is this club called the Gold Coast which is going to be picking the eyes out of the draft for the next few years!!!

Ladies and Gentleman... Fremantle could well be in 4 years time the worst football team to ever step foot onto a football ground.... AFL or VFL.

Interesting post you put here. Then again this is Braun 2 b wild and you got nothing else better to do with your sad boring and unfufilling life.

Ok lets look at the players that are "gone" from the list.

Heath Black, Shaun McManus, Peter Bell, Matt Carr, Luke Webster and Mark Johnson.

All but one was over 29, Webster was only 26 but retired through a bad run with injuries.

Now with those lovely mob from Alberton Oval beating North Melbourne, we retain that 14th spot!

because of that our picks will be numbers 3, 19, 35, 51, 67, 83, 99.

There are talks about David Mundy, Robert Warnock and Ryan Murphy are trade bait. Lets just say we Keep Mundy, Get Warnock for pick 33 and get Murphy for pick 45 and dont trade our picks...

If that happened then our picks will be 3, 19, 33, 35, 45, 51, 67, 83, 99.

So then If thats the case, we should use 7 picks for the national draft. Then we will pass 83 and 99 and use them for the pre-season draft in 2009. Not to mention we can promote some kids from our rookie list.

Even then if Robert Warnock does walk out of freo... We can retain Brent Connelly on our rookie list if Nic Nanitaui is taken before pick 3.

Oh and for the record If I was west coast, I would get Nic Nanitaui If I were you. If Mark Seaby or Dean Cox somehow get a knee injury that puts them out for a season, then youve got your selves to blame.

So potientally This year we can have 9 picks and promote 3 young rookies on our main list this year. Thats 12 people!:eek:

So this time next year we could potentially recruit up to 12 players on our main squad that are under 20 or under!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh really KaLL!!

Well here is what your idiot mate said

So KaLL, I am assuming that you KNOW that we will not get anything for Warnock.

That you KNOW that Josh Carr is actually leaving and will be a 3rd rounder!

You KNOW that Murphy has little trade value, and

You KNOW that Mundy might leave the club and be traded.

See KaLL, when you claim to KNOW ALL of these things are happening prior to the event, then that is being high and mighty and full of hypocrisy and bullshit.

I'll let you ponder that for a while.

Not to mention small penis and mum jokes :thumbsu:

Also add failure to stick to the topic under any circumstance :thumbsu:

You are classified in the same group as wankbat and B2BW, so why should I give a **** about your opinion!

You are classified in the same group as wankbat and B2BW, so why should I give a **** about your opinion!

Hahah and what makes you think I should care about the opinions of a 43 year old internet tough guy.

Self proclaimed FIGJAM right there:thumbsu:

ego-searching-Robin-Good-o.jpg

West Coast already have about 30. In 4 years they will add 25-30 more.

From that 55-60 they get to keep the best 30.

Freo only have about 6 or 7 kids atm. They will add about 25-30 more in the next 4-5 years.

From that 30-35 they get to keep the best 30.

Simple.

LOL what is your defintion of a kid - under 20?

If it is say 20 + under next season?

WC have 10 we have 5.

A bit better than your 30 to 7....though I note the lower west coast go the more some fans seem to blabber.

Seriously WC fans - I'd be a bit more worried about your immediate future than our long term.

When fit our best/influential 5 players - Pavlich (26), Sandilands (25), Palmer (19), McPharlin (26)& Haselby (27)

When fit your best/influential 5 players - Cox (27), Glass (27), Kerr (25), Hunter (27) & Embley (27)/Priddis (23)

Now looking down the list ....Hunter & Glass have played beat up and not sure if they as 27 year olds are going to be playing until they are 32. Haselby is the guy on our side.

If Cox misses - you have one of the poorest 2nd rucks in the comp. If Warnock goes we will join you - however he aint gone yet.

West Coast will draft better kids than us simply because they will remain in the bottom 4 for the next 2-3 seasons, whilst we will be mid ladder at worst.

Freo will probably spend a long time at the bottom end of the ladder due to the decisions they have made since well, their inception really. But this is likely to give them early picks (diluted by the new franchises though they may be) giving them access to talent, and denying other, more successful clubs like WC a chance to draft early.

There are no guarantees in football mate.

Freo's best football is enough to beat the Roos and Pies, push the Swans and Cats.

Our worst is horrible ...if Harves can balance these performances, the list is quite capable of playing finals footy inside 1-2 seasons.

What people tend to forget is Harvey has had 1 full season in charge and any team with a top 3 ruckman, top 3 CHF, Top 5 CHB and one of the best young midfielders in the comp - would have to be a chance any season as long as a good supporting cast can be found.

If Haselby can get back to his best, having our best clearance player back alongside Palmer will make a big difference. I hope Warnock re-signs as the lumbering bigman is going to be a very good player and Drum/Campbell should ahve big 2009's.

Truth hurts I see.

Oh it hurts him bad Moo.

It hurts him so bad that it has cost him 3 Red Cards in the past couple of weeks.

But he will deflect from that and say it had nothing to do with me at all.

He is one of the biggest shitheads on this forum.

We call him Auto-reply flog.....he just can't help himself but reply.

You just watch.

Lol just like this thread :thumbsu:

A lot more failure to come for the club that is so accustomed to it ;)

You have seen the ladder and your performances lately?

Keep hammering your youngsters before they are ready for AFL football ....hope Kerr plays for you next year or you will be unbackable favourites for the spoon.

It is funny a lot of WC fans have not lost the arrogance.

pleasewinfreo8mm.jpg

Sums up this almighty club quite nicely I believe :thumbsu:

Mmmm from a period where we played a lot like you have this season.

It is like an out of body experience .....WC fans you are really bad? Do you follow your games or just ours? You guys suck - you have some promising kids but you want to hope you ahve no more off field issues (Selwood) and hope that Ebert etc have the loyality of a Glass and not a Judd.

Your ruckman is your biggest ball winner? God bless Big Coxy - no other team is so reliant on one player to make them competitive.

2012 eh? Just enough time for the young eaglets balls to drop.

How's that young team working out for you by the way why_was_he_born_at_all?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back