Game Day Freo versus Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No one has got Geelong weakened so much by injury for many years, we're at home, in form and full strength. Even though we're a very young and inexperienced side, we should win.

Us by 11.
Richmond last week got a worse Geelong than us

Really disappointed if we don't win the midfield battle.

They've been running with a centre bounce group of Ceglar, Blicavs, Atkins, Bruhn and Holmes.

That's very beatable.

We win the midfield and we should be in with a red hot crack - hopefully we can keep their forwards contained.

Midfield battle is critical today, and we should have them covered especially if Fyfe is fully fit.

Win the midfield and we are in with a really good shot. If it’s breakeven or worse out of the middle I fear we are in for a reality check - their forwards are excellent and their backline is pretty decent too against our youngins.

I really want to be confident, but I’m not. Cats by about 5 goals. God I hope I’m wrong.

Really depends on what Freo team shows up! is it the team that can win in the middle, contested ball, ground ball gets and rundown tackles, or is it fumble bumble allergic to leather freo we have seen much of the season.

I worry about neither Raz or MJ in the middle, we lose some hunger and pressure and defensive accountability.

Home game, good weather and Geelong with some outs, this is the best chance we get to show the season isnt a total write off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our backline is still a massive problem, Sydney scored at 50% entry last week, Cats with 2 of the top 5 Keys in the game + Stengle and Close at their feet?

Cats by 35+

I don’t mind this being on the other side of the world thing. Get to wake up and see the result with only a brief little heart attack waiting for the score to generate rather than a 2.5 hour long one through the game

I’m a bit scarred from following Freo over the years, build my hopes up, ...... then trample on them !!!!.

Freo are slowly building this season, Geelong have hit some speed bumps. Are Geelong able to power over the bumps ?.

Freo can win, if the midfield gets on top. Happy to see Fyfe back (happy with 75% of the champ), his “know how” in crunches will be invaluable. Do a bit of bullocking but hand off to runners. He doesn’t need to out bullock 4 players !!.

First 5 minutes will tell me if Freo are on, or the Freo Theatre Group are wearing the jumpers.

Last edited:
Cats in the first half against weagles weren't playing well. Of course they ripped them apart in 2nd half, but that's weagles.

Several decades ago a young, talented team whose franchise had never won a flag were 4wins and 5 losses going into a game against the reigning premiers.

The coach famously came up with the line if it bleeds we can kill it. That team went on to win that game and go on a winning streak that culminated in the flag that season and a dynasty

Great opportunity today and let's hope history repeats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back