Autopsy Freo dominate the Doggies

Remove this Banner Ad

Some notes I made while watching

Best games played tonight by both Brayshaw and Cerra, very exciting to see our first year players killing it

Duman was very composed and skilful and should take Johnnos spot you’d think

Fyfe is an absolute beast and is back to his brilliant Brownlow best with 43 touches

Neale gets so many hard balls but man his dumb sometimes

Tabs going down hurt us and will continue to hurt us for the next month but I thought we adapted quickly and did well

Wilsons kicking inside 50 really brings so much to this team so much in fact he may just be our most important players

Ballas is lucky Switta is injured because although he kicked a couple I think his spot is still very much up for grabs

Ryan has had an awesome start to the year, one of our best so far

Pearce is a great attacking defender, he is looking at All Australian if he keeps going at this rate

Matera is a great field kick and makes a bigger impact up the ground then he does down forward

Sandilands is looking at another best and fairest if he keeps playing at the level he is playing at

Not bombing inside 50 makes us look a very dangerous side

Wilson, Pearce and Langdon love running and they make us a dangerous attacking side when they do so

Walters down forward is so damn valuable it’s hard to decide where to put him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Overall a great win and always better when we kick over a 100.

Best game for Brayshaw, Cerra and Crowden. Still hanging for Andy to kick his 1st goal lol. Thought it'd be tonight from that sizzler of a pass from Mitch.

Banfield another solid outing. McCrae still found mid 20 disposals but didn't have much of an impact.

Duman looked composed in his 1st game. Would be great to see him keep his spot for next week.

Fyfe beast mode again. Think he'd have 3 BOG's for Brownlow votes from our 3 wins.

Son Son great tonight with 5 and a nice tribute to Yarran.

Blakely finds plenty of the ball and is good in contests. Just want him to tidy up his kicking as a few I saw tonight were turnovers.

Hope Tabs' injury won't keep him out too long. He was looking dangerous early before getting hurt.

Not going to lie, didn't expect that winning margin or us to break 100 points against the Dogs in those conditions.

Love our Fantastic 4 (Crowden, Banners, Cerra and Brayshaw) - they're going to be a killer core in a few seasons time.

Feels like Blakely's performance is being a bit overlooked on here - was DEFINITELY our most influential player on the ground after Fyfe. He is still doing incredibly smart things with polish.

Crowden's best game too - what a pair of hands, loved his bursts at time too.

Like everyone, just loved Walters in front of goal - so deadly.

Tonight would of been perfect if Taberner didn't get injured.

I dont reckon. Bont lead with his head over the ball. Fyfe threw a leg out to try a push the ball on. Contact with his mid section. Bont got up ok. Dont think it will get looked at tbh.

Thanks. Looked bad from our seats so that’s reassuring.

Fyfe was ridiculous. Hopefully the media will take note and it will be back to a case of whether Martin and Danger are on his level and not the other way around.

Duman looks like he's being playing AFL for years. As someone who didn't remember him standing out at WAFL level I was very, very impressed by his composure.

Pearce continues to not only shut players down, but displays great dash when he gets the ball. That's the sort of thing that wins you multiple AA's (if you play for a Vic club anyway).

Brayshaw is classy as **** in the contest. His evasion and quick hands are elite. His kicking is definitely his weak point at this stage though.

Crowden was quiet early but he made every touch count in the 2nd half. If that's the quality of our 'role players' going forward we're in very good shape. He's a very smart decision maker and user of the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back