Oppo Camp Former Players

Remove this Banner Ad

Not so sure about that that when you hear(d) Couchy speak. He became the player he was by playing in the guts of centre. Would have been possibly languishing as a HFF. And we did lose Adrian Fletcher through him feeling he was redundant at Geelong.
Buddha, Bairstow, Bews, Bruns, Williams- Couch... we will never know now, but I have heard him say that playing centre was his breakthrough.
Diesel did say that what he left for was minimal, but if that is the case, why did he leave anyway?
Same as gazza juniour.. money and greed

Nakia Cockatoo can stay in Brisbane.
He’s s**t

Nakia Cockatoo can stay in Brisbane.
He’s sh*t

Wont say he's s**t... But just a mere shadow of what he was/would have been.
Injuries unfortunately does this to the best of them.
Met the guy liked the guy and wish him all the best.
Lucky for him the contract from Brisbane will allow him to at least buy himself a house before retirement comes.
Cheers.

Wont say he's sh*t... But just a mere shadow of what he was/would have been.
Injuries unfortunately does this to the best of them.
Met the guy liked the guy and wish him all the best.
Lucky for him the contract from Brisbane will allow him to at least buy himself a house before retirement comes.
Cheers.

Like the Cats did last year, the Lions have done reasonably well to just have him out there on the ground finally playing games of footy. But he's a pale shadow of all he might have become, that's for sure. Body just won't stand up to him attacking the game on his own terms.

Has become the quintessential example of a player for whom 'the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak'.

You never know. If Cockatoo has himself a solid pre-season who knows what might happen next year? It's strange I know, but some of me (maybe even most of me) wants to see what he could have been and might still be. Just like I hoped Dan Menzel might string a few pearlers together when he went up to Sydney.

Just not against us!

Nothing but love for Vards. Remember when he was getting compared to Nick Riewoldt when he first burst onto the scene? 6T7SLOL 'members.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I played cricket at Banyule with a couple of brothers named Chapman.

One of them was very good, and this was the other one:

If we strictly consider just one ball being bowled (no ball, wide ball, doesn't matter) then the most number of runs scored off one ball is 17. Garry Chapman, in a club match in Australia, in October 1990, hit the ball into a patch of long grass. He and his partner ran 17 runs as the fielders struggled to find the ball.

I was a fan of Walker but the list spot was never going to be between Kersten and Walker. They play a different role and in theory at least there were players ahead of Walker.

In terms of output, I don't think there is much doubt Walker is the better player now. It would take a minor miracle for Kersten to match Walker's 20 goals from last year.
What about Walker v Brown of the Mitch variety?

What about Walker v Brown of the Mitch variety?

Did have bad luck early on that bloke.
Broken leg and busted shoulders and for a pretty scrawny kid at the time, it looked to have set him back years. Goes to show he did have oodles of talent after all as evident by his career to date so one wonders what might have been if he was not susceptible to early long term injury.

Broken leg and busted shoulders and for a pretty scrawny kid at the time, it looked to have set him back years. Goes to show he did have oodles of talent after all as evident by his career to date so one wonders what might have been if he was not susceptible to early long term injury.

You do wonder about how skinny is too skinny, when you think of Brown and Smedts in particular and both having shoulder problems when both had clearly more than enough talent.

Weren’t the persistent shoulder problems from some loose screws. I think once he had them removed he was ok.

Last edited:
Weren’t the persistent shoulder problems from some loose screws. I think one he had them removed he was ok.
I think we should have persevered with him. He was talented and skilled and developed a great work ethic. I didn't mind seeing Vardy and Walker leave, but Brown....?

Hi folks
Sorry for dropping in, I just read the article about former Cats Grand Final player Paul Brown in today's Herald Sun, and was both both appalled and inspired by what he has gone through after he was king hit by a lowlife outside a Shepparton Pub in 2015.

What a terrific and generous and forgiving person PB is, hoping his lad Tom somehow finds his way to The Cattery at the draft.

Same as gazza juniour.. money and greed
F*** off. Williams was offered over 80 thousand a year at sydney. He was on 40 thousand at geelong. He would of stayed at geelong if he was offered 45 thousand. We refused a paltry 5 thousand increase even though another club was offering 40 thousand plus more.

it wasnt greed that he left. It was cos the geelong club completely disrepected him and massively low balled him compared to market value. He was happy to stay for massive unders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back