Former player Jarrad Grant

Remove this Banner Ad

Update -- Round 12 v Brisbane

7 disposals (4 kicks) on his return to senior footy. Kicked a nice goal from a set shot in the last quarter and led well on occasion but utterly ineffectual for the most part. First game back so hopefully plenty of improvement left!

Round 13 v Collingwood 2014

Excellent contribution from Jarrad today. 10k, 10hb, 3 goal assists and kicked a great goal off the deck in the last quarter. Led up to the wings, positioned himself well at the drop of the ball when it came into the fwd line and showed good desperation around the ground. Used the ball well also. Well done Jarrad.

#teamjg

Round 14 vs Port Adelaide, Round 15 vs Melbourne 2014

3 kicks, 6 handballs and a broken nose against Port, who obviously targeted Jarrad.

And now: The Western Bulldogs’ personnel crisis deepened on Friday with Jarrad Grant pulling out of Sunday’s clash against Melbourne at Etihad Stadium. Grant suffered a broken nose and concussion against Port Adelaide last week. Fletcher Roberts has replaced Grant in the Bulldogs’ squad of 25.

Round 14 vs Port Adelaide, Round 15 vs Melbourne 2014

3 kicks, 6 handballs and a broken nose against Port, who obviously targeted Jarrad.

And now: The Western Bulldogs’ personnel crisis deepened on Friday with Jarrad Grant pulling out of Sunday’s clash against Melbourne at Etihad Stadium. Grant suffered a broken nose and concussion against Port Adelaide last week. Fletcher Roberts has replaced Grant in the Bulldogs’ squad of 25.

How's Grant going now? He's a really important player for Dogs... made a huge difference to the way the whole team played against Pies. The fact he was so targetted by the super smart Port line up demonstrates they recognize how dangerous a player he can be.
I'd like to see a Redpath, Minson, Cambpell, Stringer even Bonts looking after Grant in the fwd line.

If Grant was playing against Geelong I think we could have won that game. It was the cats fast fwds who got them over the line. Against the pies Grant did some great pick ups outside the packs and just ran away with it = line breaker.. and disposal smarts were great too. Definitely in the top ten required players for me.

Round 17 (VFL) vs Bendigo (3/8/14)

An improved showing from Jarrad this week although from the sound of it even I could've kicked a couple.

Kicked 4.1 from 12 k, 5 hb.

#teamjg

Round 21 vs North Melbourne (17/8/14)

Got the late call-up and never really arrived. Stats flatter him in what was a limp performance.

7k, 6 hb, 4m, 3t, 3i50s, no score or goal assists.

Update Round 20 (VFL) vs Richmond (24/8/14)

Kicked 2.0 from 5 k, 3 hb.

All up you would say this year has been a write-off for JG but maybe he can salvage something from the VFL finals series.

Qualifying final (VFL) vs Williamstown (31/8/14)

Kicked 1.0 from 6 k, 8 hb. Reportedly his goal was kicked out of midair from a hitout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VFL Preliminary Final vs Port Melbourne (13/9/14)

5k, 2hb.

When the game was already over, he kicked a fantastic goal of a type I've not really seen before (ran down an opponent and soccered it through in the one action). Which I think is part of his problem, every time he kicks a goal he basically invents a new way of doing it. Rarely do you see him lead out, take a mark, go back and slot it.

Anyway wishing him all the best for this week's VFL grand final #teamjg

Not sure if people watch him, but when he was on his hot streak late last year did anybody see the knock on's and the quick handball outs he did that resulted in goals, this year very uninterrupted by injury, i believe to make our forwardline more dynamic he has to have a great presason and be in from round one.

VFL Grand Final vs Box Hill (21/9/14)

Kicked 1.3 from 14k, 6 hb, 5 tackles.

Had a much better game and was included as 4th best in the official match report. Presented well, applied good pressure, used the ball well around the ground. Only problem was not finishing off goals, probably had about 6 shots from memory, and could have really set the team up in the first quarter.

#teamjg

Interesting that the club has just released its rankings of its most talented players:

1. Jarrad Grant 2. Robert Murphy 3. Mitch Wallis 4. Marcus Bontempelli 4. Matthew Boyd 6. Luke Dahlhaus 9. Jake Stringer 10. Easton Wood 11. Jack Macrae 15. Tom Campbell 17. Tom Boyd 22. Mitch Honeychurch 23. Jordan Roughead 25. Koby Stevens 27. Will Minson 29. Tory Dickson 30. Joel Hamling 32. Michael Talia 33. Sam Darley 35. Caleb Daniel 38. Dale Morris 39. Jason Johannisen 42. Liam Picken 43. Jack Redpath 44. Brett Goodes 46. Lin Jong 49. Ayce Cordy

NAB Challenge - Round 3, 21/3/2015

A very handy game from the Raptor.

2 k, 13 hb, 4m, 2t, 87% DE.

#teamjg
Only 2 tackles? :eek: bit harsh! Thought he would of had 10. Not the best game overall but definitely the most consistent game I've seen from JG. Loved it!!! Who knows where his upside ends this year, he is absolutely perfect for the new gameplan with his quick hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back