Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Sep 10, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seagulls, Bushrangers
Just doing some research and have found a very interesting statistic, which can sort of make you go wtf in terms of the Pies accuracy.

For players who have kicked 7 or more goals in 2007, Collingwood's three small forwards are the best group in the league.

Best conversion, AFL (7 goals or more)
Code:
[B][U]	Player			Club	%	Score[/U]
1	Alan Didak		COLL	91.7	11.1
2	Leon Davis		COLL	85.7	12.2[/B]
3	Brent Harvey		KANG	85.0	17.3
4	Danyle Pearce		PA	81.8	9.2
5	Travis Varcoe		GEEL	78.6	11.3
6	Michael O'Loughlin	SYD	78.3	18.5
[B]7	Paul Medhurst		COLL	77.8	7.2[/B]
8	Robert Murphy		WB	76.9	10.3

Anyone else really suprised at this stat?

Yeah a collingwood fan did some research!!

Wash your mouth out. Lonie is a gun. Consistently one of the best on BF.

Re topic. No not really, as Pies kicking woes are a little exagged IMO. Rocca and Cloke launch many kicks from 45-55, so you would expect planty of misses, plus in 2-3 games i have seen 8-10 points where ball lands on the line area from long kicks and is hit over or rushed through.

Those smaller are generally closer to goal 20-40 and therefore more likely not to spray em.

any stats on rocca's accuracy this year???
or the whole team? see whos letting u down.

It both Rocca and Cloke, our two keys at FF and CHF who have let us down. Rocca's conversion sits at 44.7% with 17.21 to his name, while Trav has been noted for his poor kicking all year, with 11.16 to his name at 40.7%

The fact is, the small forwards get alot of goals in play and have a stronger chance of being a little accurate. Obviously not the case here. Another thing is Alan Didak has probably kicked 8-9 of his 11 goals from set shots.

Lonie from 50 is the doyen of football statistics, yes, better than Col Hutchinson.

You need a stat, Lonie is your man.

I started a thread yesterday about shots on goal for and against and someone ended up putting this post up.

Does not highlight rushed behinds but still interesting. It is obviously a Goal Kicking Conversion Rate.

Fremantle- 55.4%
Bulldogs- 55.1%
Geelong- 54.7%
Richmond- 53.1%
Essendon- 53.0%
Sydney- 52.5%
Kangaroos- 51.0%
Adelaide- 50.2%
----------------------------
Melbourne- 49.8%
Hawthorn- 49.2%
Port- 48.9%
Brisbane- 48.2%
Carlton- 47.8%
Collingwood- 47.3%
St Kilda- 47.2%
West Coast- 44.8% :(

From www.footywire.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing against you Lonie for doing the work but I don’t need to study stats to work out that Didak is a great kick, Medhurst makes the most of opportunities, Travis is a poor kick for goal and Rocca is up and down like a yoyo – down most of this year so far. Pendlebury is the other one I want having the shots. Siting in the stands I can tell we are missing shots by my increasing frustration level every damn week. The stats are only going to make me worse!

Dress it up as anything you like.....it still comes out 0 - 9

Some stats just don't lie...

But I hope you get a win soon. The weekends at my house are very frosty atm...my girl needs something to cheer her up.

There's lots of ways you can do it...........:thumbsu:

W - 0
L - 9

W - L

0 - 9

L - 9
W - 0

WINS - 0
LOSSES - 9

Lot's of combo's :)

LOL!!!!!!!! Here's a stat for you..... 0 - 9 :)
geez u collingwood supporters are pathetic! i asked a couple of simple questions. i have noticed that rocca has missed a few shots lately and was just wondering what his accuracy is for the year. i wasnt paying him out!
atleast there is 1 collingwood supporter on here with some sense.
seems like every time a richmond supporter writes something on here all we get back is '0-9'.
get over it. worry about where ur own team is at.

geez u collingwood supporters are pathetic! i asked a couple of simple questions. i have noticed that rocca has missed a few shots lately and was just wondering what his accuracy is for the year. i wasnt paying him out!
atleast there is 1 collingwood supporter on here with some sense.
seems like every time a richmond supporter writes something on here all we get back is '0-9'.
get over it. worry about where ur own team is at.

I don't think it was a harsh reply, in fact he put a little smiley face to show you he was having a little smile about it. I think you are reading a little too much into it.

Anyways I said I hope you get a win soon....I go to your games about 5-6 times a year. You were awfully unlucky last week.

But you have to take a little crap over it....

1 Imagine if it was Collingwood at 0-9, you would not be able to log onto BF it would be that busy with posters.

2 It doesn't happen that often (let alone to two sides) so people will make the most of it.

3 Atleast the 9thmond jokes have stopped :) (see smiley face...)

17 goals 21 behinds for rocca.
Alot of those behinds have been snaps/boundry shots though.
But hes also missed a few easy set shots as well.

I don't think it was a harsh reply, in fact he put a little smiley face to show you he was having a little smile about it. I think you are reading a little too much into it.

Anyways I said I hope you get a win soon....I go to your games about 5-6 times a year. You were awfully unlucky last week.

But you have to take a little crap over it....

1 Imagine if it was Collingwood at 0-9, you would not be able to log onto BF it would be that busy with posters.

2 It doesn't happen that often (let alone to two sides) so people will make the most of it.

3 Atleast the 9thmond jokes have stopped :) (see smiley face...)

sorry didnt see that post before.

i'll cop crap over it dont worry. i get heaps of it at work. we just get it alot over here at tigerland by trolls who have nothin worthwhile to say. u just get over it sometimes. :thumbsu:

Just doing some research and have found a very interesting statistic, which can sort of make you go wtf in terms of the Pies accuracy.

For players who have kicked 7 or more goals in 2007, Collingwood's three small forwards are the best group in the league.

Code:
[B][U]    Player            Club    %    Score[/U]
1    Alan Didak        COLL    91.7    11.1
2    Leon Davis        COLL    85.7    12.2[/B]
3    Brent Harvey        KANG    85.0    17.3
4    Danyle Pearce        PA    81.8    9.2
5    Travis Varcoe        GEEL    78.6    11.3
6    Michael O'Loughlin    SYD    78.3    18.5
[B]7    Paul Medhurst        COLL    77.8    7.2[/B]
8    Robert Murphy        WB    76.9    10.3

That's cool, but micky has the most goals on that table.;)

Code:
[B][U]    Player            Club    %    Score[/U][/B]
[B]1    Alan Didak        COLL    91.7    11.1[/B]
[B]2    Leon Davis        COLL    85.7    12.2[/B]
3    Brent Harvey        KANG    85.0    17.3
4    Danyle Pearce        PA    81.8    9.2
5    Travis Varcoe        GEEL    78.6    11.3
6    Michael O'Loughlin    SYD    78.3    18.5
[B]7    Paul Medhurst        COLL    77.8    7.2[/B]
8    Robert Murphy        WB    76.9    10.3

To me this highlights the fact that although Anthony Rocca can be terribly inaccurate and on the recieving end of opposition supporters attacks, he is important in the fact that he brings his team-mates into the game; namely small-ish forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back