Remove this Banner Ad

CLFC23

Senior List
Jan 27, 2012
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
anyone played this??
You take the role of a 14-year-old footballer with the potential to become a star in the AFL. To get there, however, you must work your way through the local and state leagues, train, keep your health and match gear in good condition, gain yourself sponsors and of course play matches.

I used to play it. Great game, but its very addictive. I won 12 Coleman medals and kicked 100 goals 11 times. I only got one Brownlow :(

Anyone know where I can download this from? Can remember it from years ago as being a fun, but like footy fanatic bit of a scratchy game

hey guys ive played this in the past, just wondering where i can download it from i cant get one that works for some reason :/

Oh man this is nostalgic af, I bloody loved this game - can't get it to work either though so i'm guessing its dead :( Can someone let us know if you've found a fix

Oh man this is nostalgic af, I bloody loved this game - can't get it to work either though so i'm guessing its dead :( Can someone let us know if you've found a fix
Just replying here rather than in the other thread so people can find this info in the AFL Games forum if they're looking for it in future.

I just had a go at installing Footy Star again myself from here. Had no troubles installing but ran into the same issue as you trying to play it – MSVBVM50.dll not found.

Downloading and installing these Visual Basic 5 runtime files from the Microsoft website fixed it for me though – can now run the game completely fine. Hopefully it works for you too.

Love that it's still on your radar 17 years later too! Hopefully you can get it running and get a bit more enjoyment out of it again :D

Just replying here rather than in the other thread so people can find this info in the AFL Games forum if they're looking for it in future.

I just had a go at installing Footy Star again myself from here. Had no troubles installing but ran into the same issue as you trying to play it – MSVBVM50.dll not found.

Downloading and installing these Visual Basic 5 runtime files from the Microsoft website fixed it for me though – can now run the game completely fine. Hopefully it works for you too.

Love that it's still on your radar 17 years later too! Hopefully you can get it running and get a bit more enjoyment out of it again :D
Awesome, thank you for the reply! Looking forward to getting stuck in again :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back