Review Footscray Football Club/Western Bulldogs History

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello all

I'm working on putting together a brief history of our club for BigFooty and looking for supplementary input from forum/club members. We have contributors amongst us who have deep ties within the club and it would be well worth looking at some of the funnier things that have happened over the time, the highlights, the lowlights and the spoils & toils of the club

What better way that to start with information gathering from within.

Apart from the usual information available on the club website/s, books etc I think it would be a good idea to provide outsiders with some knowledge of the not so well known things about our club.

So if you have any documented history, information or knowledge about the club that you are willing to share please post in this thread or send me a pm.

Notes:

-information should not be defamatory in context
-information supplied should be public record or not in breach of confidentiality agreements
-information should be factual and not assumed

Re: Western Bulldogs History

Well the Western Bulldogs started in 1997 with Terry Wallace as coach and Scotty Wynd as captain, there champion player was Chris Grant.

If you do a thread on the history of the Footscray Football Club I am sure there is a few of us that would be more then happy to help

Footscray 1 premiership / Western bulldogs 0

The FNWB website is a place that Ive been aware of for a few years. Specifically it would be interesting to see what additional historical knowledge the supporter base of the members on BF might have of the club.

From from the standard of responses so far, its not a great deal :)

Tricolours and Bulldogs may find some facts and statistics of interest
from their history in the League here:

2012 will see the completion of 116 seasons of competition.

The ‘Four Quarters’ of the League.
Four 29 year periods 1897-1925, 1926-1954, 1955-1983, and 1984- 2012 to be completed this year.

A series of tables attempting to given a snapshot of each team’s performance overall and in the four eras in variety of categories - by individual team and head-to-head.

Full tables starting here. or here

The Bulldogs win the 2014 VFL (VFA) premiership & only trail Port Melbourne and Williamstown on the premiership table :)

The FNWB website is a place that Ive been aware of for a few years. Specifically it would be interesting to see what additional historical knowledge the supporter base of the members on BF might have of the club.

From from the standard of responses so far, its not a great deal :)
Try posting on the main board hardly anyone reads this one. How's it going?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back