Football club finances / FFP

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember City in the old Second Division ie 3rd tier. They scraped through the play-offs on a penalty shoot out.
One of the great moments of our history.

No, don't have a problem with the anchoring, although as I said before you started nitpicking and trying to catch me out, the devil will be in the detail.

And I do have some concerns about the effects it will have on the competitiveness of English clubs in Europe. But that remains to be seen.

Not sure why it's great news or even good news. It's just my thoughts, and ultimately meaningless.

Who cares about how it impacts the teams in Europe.

That's irrelevant to the rest of the league.

Yep, I can't see how a reasonable person would have an issue with anchoring spending to the lowest common denominator in the Premier League.

One thing it will do is put off state ownership of clubs as they will no longer be able to exercise their overwhelming financial superiority compared to the rest of the league. That's the biggest positive of the whole system for me if it were to come into place.

Yep, I can't see how a reasonable person would have an issue with anchoring spending to the lowest common denominator in the Premier League.

One thing it will do is put off state ownership of clubs as they will no longer be able to exercise their overwhelming financial superiority compared to the rest of the league. That's the biggest positive of the whole system for me if it were to come into place.

My only issue is clubs then pocketing that profit and it going back to the owners.

It's not how it impacts teams in Europe, its how it impacts teams in the league.

One of the reasons for the success of the league is that it has the top players, that generates fan and commercial success for all the clubs in the league.

Like I said though, the devil will be in the detail so it remains to be seen if it will have much impact.

For me the 70%/85% rule is a much bigger concern than anchoring.

It's not how it impacts teams in Europe, its how it impacts teams in the league.

One of the reasons for the success of the league is that it has the top players, that generates fan and commercial success for all the clubs in the league.

Like I said though, the devil will be in the detail so it remains to be seen if it will have much impact.

For me the 70%/85% rule is a much bigger concern than anchoring.

No, it benefits clubs like yours most.

The EPL will still be popular even if the regular few Super League Clubs aren't competitive in Europe.

Shocked Season 12 GIF by The Simpsons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get Vardy to join some Saudi club for 20m and you're set.
He's hanging around.

It seems like KDH will too.

The mentality seems to be that we could try and get back into the green but then we wouldn't have the talent - so we may as well cop the penalty and then hopefully still have the talent to survive even with the points deduction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back