Fishing Fishing ?

Remove this Banner Ad

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
I had a quick scroll and didnt really see anything so thought id start a thread on Fishing. Where are you from where you like to fish and what kind of fish are you bringing in. Im a new angler fished alot when I was young but just started taking kids im from perth so its mainly fishing from Swan River

I'm in Perth too, and my best success rate is from fishing on a boat. We usually get whiting off Hillarys if we can find a sand bank. Might get an occasional wrasse, leather jacket, skippy etc. Got a few mackerel once, but never again. We've taken garfish in Cockburn Sound.

Without a boat, I go to the drain at Floreat every now and then, when tailor, salmon or mulloway are on a run. I'm the guy that makes everyone feel less bad at catching only one, because I get zip. I've fished at Fremantle Harbour a few times- from memory I've brought home a herring or two.

I have never caught a fish in the Swan River, apart from blowies. No matter what preparations I make for particular species (bream, flathead etc) the blowies are always there, any time of day!

I think to fish successfully in Perth you need sound preparation (rigs, bait, technique, weather, tide, understand the behaviour of particular species etc), or else fish from a boat with a fish finder/GPS etc. I don't think you can just chuck a line in any more, the abundance of fish is simply not there. Mind you, I'm just an occasional fisher.

Happy fishing, hope the kids enjoy it! There's nothing like taking your first fish, it's a lifelong memory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back