M-Train

All Australian
Nov 26, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
What does everyone think?

1 - Melbourne - Tyrone Vickery:
Every mock draft in the world has Watts going number 1. Many recruiters in the land rate Vickery as the best player in the land. Melbourne need to improve now as Watts is likely to sit the year out due to year 12 commitments.

2 - West Coast - Daniel Rich:
It hasn't taken long for West Coast to rebuild their midfield. Kerr, Ebert, Masten and Rich have the potential to run riot around subiaco for a long, long time.

3 - Fremantle - Jack Watts:
Passed on Naitunai as Sandilands will be in the league for a while yet. Pavlich has been a one man show for years, and now finally has a sidekick. Gun centre half forward who will learn off one of the best in Pavlich.

4 - Port Adelaide - Nicholas Naitunai
Brendan Lade is not getting any younger! Port Adelaide have always been very strong in the ruck department and this is an opportunity that Choco will not pass up.

5 - Essendon - Michael Hurley
With the retirement of Dustin Fletcher looming, Essendon cannot afford to pass on this bloke. Has all the attributes to be around for a very long time. Some may question his pace, but then again.... Ben Rutten isn't the quickest bloke going around.

6 - Carlton - Lewis Johnston
Carlton are getting better and better, however they need to address the CHF position badly. Anybody who watched the under 18 championships will know, this guy can play. Johnston has great hands and will pair up with Fevola to be a headache for opposing backlines for years to come.

7 - Brisbane - Hamish Hartlett
The midfield needs to be refreshed. Black and Power aren't getting any younger. Hartlett provides the perfect mix of speed and skill. Knows how to find the ball and more importantly; uses it!

8 - Richmond - Shaun McKernan
Will surprise a few with this selection. Simmonds hasn't got much time left, and with young guns in Lids and Cotchin running around for the next 10 years, McKernan is too good to pass up. Can play forward or in the ruck.

9 - North Melbourne - Steele Sidebottom
Here is a ready made replacement for Shannon Grant. As we all saw in the TAC cup grand final, he is a midfielder who kicks goals. In and Under type who will feed it out to Swallow, Wells, and Harvey for the next few years.

10 - Adelaide: Chris Yarran
Yarran has all the tools to be an AFL Star. Smart and quick user of the ball and the Crows will see alot of Andrew McLeod in him. With the pickup of Dangerfield last year, the Crows are slowly rebuilding their midfield.

11 - Collingwood: Jack Ziebell
Good footballer but some have questioned his speed. Has simply fallen, as clubs have addressed their needs. Collingwood will jump at the chance to secure Ziebell as their midfield needs upgrading badly.

12 - Sydney: Mitch Robinson
Anyone who saw the under 18 champs will know this guy can play. Kirk, Bolton and Co. aren't getting any younger and Robinson has all the tools necessary to be around for a very long time.

13 - St Kilda: Jackson Trengrove
KP defender and from all reports is a star. Maxy is near the end and the saints will be wrapt that Trengrove is there for the taking.

14 - Western Bulldogs: Ayce Cordy
Already selected due to the new father son rule.

15 - Geelong: Nick Suban
Gun Midfielder who has been forgotten about. Was a star in last years national championships and the cats will not pass on this bloke.

16 - Hawthorn: Thomas Rockliff
Defender who the Hawks will take as all positions are fairly well covered. Ready to play and should see game time next year.

Its amazing that people rated Suban so highly last year a possible top 3-5 pick. What happened in that time?

4 - Port Adelaide - Nicholas Naitunai
Brendan Lade is not getting any older! Port Adelaide have always been very strong in the ruck department and this is an opportunity that Choco will not pass up.

Actually, he kinda is. ;)

Kudos for looking at things differently although can't see my boys letting Watts slip to pick 3. He is likely to concentrate on his schooling next season, but I'd be surprised if we didn't see him at all (provided Melbourne pick him of course). Maric did the same thing this season and was able to play 5 or 6 games towards the end of the season.

Actually, he kinda is. ;)

Kudos for looking at things differently although can't see my boys letting Watts slip to pick 3. He is likely to concentrate on his schooling next season, but I'd be surprised if we didn't see him at all (provided Melbourne pick him of course). Maric did the same thing this season and was able to play 5 or 6 games towards the end of the season.

Good point! I will fix this error immediately, complete brain fade!

Well done. Very good.
I am sure Adelaide wont pass on Ziebell if he is still there (which I highly doubt).

Blease > Robinson atm IMO.

Suban wont go that high.. neither will Tom Rockcliff. He could even go as low as 3rd round IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done. Very good.
I am sure Adelaide wont pass on Ziebell if he is still there (which I highly doubt).

Blease > Robinson atm IMO.

Suban wont go that high.. neither will go number 16 (cant remember who it was :p)

Suban and O'Keefe - Extremely underated on BigFooty. IMO Both have pretty big chances of going in the first round.

Suban and O'Keefe - Extremely underated on BigFooty. IMO Both have pretty big chances of going in the first round.
Well, I guess Suban has a chance. And it wasnt O'Keefe, it was Rockliff.
Although I rate O'Keefe very high, I wouldnt be supriced if he popped into the top 18.

Agree, i think he, along with Broadbent are very underrated around here, both are top 15 in my rankings.

As for Suban, i'm not too excited about him. Don't think he is underrated, i'd be taking a fair few players in front of him, early/middle second rounder for mine.

Where do you think he will be selected?

Some are saying he won't even get to Carlton @ #6, If we were to pass on him, Brisbane or North would snap him up.
Not impossible, but extremely unlikely he will drop to pick #11. IMO he is the 2nd best small in the draft behind Rich.

Carlton will not reach for a tall (Johnston), if Hurley is already gone @ our pick 6 we will go for best available and Ziebell (if there) would be a strong contender for this selection.

The word around town is Carlton want a tall with their first round choice, that is why I selected Johnston to go at pick 6.

Ziebell could very well be selected at pick 6, however; my rational is that Carlton already have a terrific midfield and now need KP types!

We will just have to wait and see!

I know you were trying to make your draft different to others wich is good, But Bailey has said that we will be taking one of Watts, Naitanui or Rich at pick #1 so that kinda rules out Vickery.....

Well done on trying something a little different though.:thumbsu:

I know you were trying to make your draft different to others wich is good, But Bailey has said that we will be taking one of Watts, Naitanui or Rich at pick #1 so that kinda rules out Vickery.....

Well done on trying something a little different though.:thumbsu:

thanks melbourne150!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back