Finals at Warby? :|

Remove this Banner Ad

tika masala

Debutant
Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
surely this is a typo and the league ment woori..... :| last i heard warby is a mud pit no better then monbulks joke of a ground? :eek:

From the league communication
Grounds and courts will be inspected on a regular basis and all venues are subject to change. If current weather patterns continue, changes to venues are anticipated.

surely this is a typo and the league ment woori..... :| last i heard warby is a mud pit no better then monbulks joke of a ground? :eek:
Monbulk's ground is in excellent condition, thank you.
The council resurfaced it last year with extensive work with a rake and an entire bucket of sand!
We are just waiting for a phone call from the League... :D

Ground was fine Saturday not a patch of mud to be seen.:thumbsu:
Looking forward to watching a semi final at Mt Eve. With all the parking around the ground and the huge undercover areas & awsome view from the club rooms should be fantastic if it rains :) The only winner would be the York running a bus from their carpark to the ground;)

Looking forward to watching a semi final at Mt Eve. With all the parking around the ground and the huge undercover areas & awsome view from the club rooms should be fantastic if it rains :) The only winner would be the York running a bus from their carpark to the ground;)
Bitchin' baby!
It isnt a mud heap at least , and we keep any mad dogs on a leash away from the bar.

Has Gembrook lost finals after the weekend ? Its been a while since I've seen that ground looking like it did on the weekend. Mind you, definately not on their own in that dept...

Interesting to see the provisional draw for Div 1 next week. Would seem to make sense to swap the 2 senior matches seeing as most have reserves / unders at the opposite ground?

I stood on Warbys ground yesterday and it was good, and with new Netty courts now at the reserve, the YV could do a hell of alot worse !!
You spend far to much of your spare time in Warby Tees!!! Hoping to catch up with Finger for a beer at the bowls club perhaps??? I'm sure he could organize a net session facing Bumbles for you as he's a legend of the Warby CC aswell! You may remember a story about an oversized eel in the Tommy Finn's trout farm a few years back??? That's how The Finger lured Nicky Winmar & his fishing rod to Warburton!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You spend far to much of your spare time in Warby Tees!!! Hoping to catch up with Finger for a beer at the bowls club perhaps??? I'm sure he could organize a net session facing Bumbles for you as he's a legend of the Warby CC aswell! You may remember a story about an oversized eel in the Tommy Finn's trout farm a few years back??? That's how The Finger lured Nicky Winmar & his fishing rod to Warburton!

Yeah it does seem that way doesn't it ?? I ride up the trail with my wife and the kids a bit so I am up that way sometimes. Those nets are mickey mouse, I reckon I'd be right facing up to "The Goon Ball" wouldn't I ?
Not sure who Finger really is but wouldn't be surpised one bit if he ends up being someone I know, or at least have met along the way !!
I remember the "Eel" story, I also heard that it was never caught and managed to find its way back into the river nearby. Very difficult to seperate fact from fiction in this situation. Did Finger breed the alleged Eel ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back