Favourite or significant, crowd pumping GOALS kicked by NMFC players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Matty Larkin vs Eagles.

I would seriously consider offering oral sex to whoever could upchuck this goal onto youtube.

*hopes we have a bunch of tech-savvy female posters, hopes giantroo is on holiday*

I remember Mickey Martyn taking a run from our backline, handballed it off and recieved it back, a few bounces and goaled!!!!.....that brought huge pleasure to the Nth faithful that game....can't remember who against but it was 95-96 season and it had all nth fans in raptures that I can remember.

Glenn Freeborn's three in the later stages of the second quarter against Sydney in the 96 GF.

Suck shit Rodney Eade.

You too Paul Roos, you deep sea cocktopus.

And there are many in this one, but the goal at 5:30 literally had me and the crowd off their feet...

[youtube]yQGFziXPxEg[/youtube]

Good to see Ed snapping a goal after Thomas' at 5:30.

Is that Hayden Kangaroo Kennedy giving Shannon Grant a 50 for an easy goal after Thomas kicked his?

Another great goal yet to be mentioned is Phil Krakouer's goal of the year (?) from a nightgame at the 'G. I think it was a Friday night game that we got to play in thanks to the generosity of BoofHead McGuire. Anyway, Phil ducked and dodged out on the HFF top right of screen kicking to the City end, before slotting a long, miraculous goal from the boundary line.

Might have been v Essendon. Might also have been GOTY.

That was the night when, having seen Phil tear is side apart, Kevin Sheedy decided to invent indigenous footballers.

That was the night when, having seen Phil tear is side apart, Kevin Sheedy decided to invent indigenous footballers.

Yes, the goal was replayed over the weekend. I think it was on Saturday night on Before the Game, during the interview with Andrew Krakouer.

None of the "theatrics" of a Leon Davis or Eddie Betts, but every bit as good a goal.

One of the panel noted that Phil had a strange kicking style while Jimmy was a conventional kick, so it was said.

I always thought Jimmy's kicking style was a little weird too.

Both boys were beautiful kicks though.

What about Peter Germans goal vs Bris Rnd 1, 1993 at the MCG? There were 6,000+ people (mostly NM) there that day & when Germo slotted the first goal of the 2nd quarter, you couldn't hear a pin drop.

I remember just being in awe at the presence of Nathan Buckley in his first game. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some great memories in this thread. My first thought was Blighty's bomb in the 70's, which Tef posted on the first page. I'm proud to say I was there that day.

My second thought was Shagga's first goal in the '99 Grand Final. Just inspirational. It is at about 2:13 in the following clip (which is wonderful viewing from start to finish):

[youtube]HY1jEcDvEKw[/youtube]

Some great memories in this thread. My first thought was Blighty's bomb in the 70's, which Tef posted on the first page. I'm proud to say I was there that day.

Likewise mate, at the tender age of 8. It's as clear as if it occured a year ago though, as I'm sure you'd agree. One of the best feelings I've ever felt after a game (that didn't involve a girl).

All good goals.

Funnily enough, the first goal I thought of was the second goal mentioned by heartstohearts.

It was Winnie's first goal of the last 1/4 of the '99 GF, when he weaved and waltzed through the goalsquare. I knew we'd won the flag when he kicked that goal.

Another great goal yet to be mentioned is Phil Krakouer's goal of the year (?) from a nightgame at the 'G. I think it was a Friday night game that we got to play in thanks to the generosity of BoofHead McGuire. Anyway, Phil ducked and dodged out on the HFF top right of screen kicking to the City end, before slotting a long, miraculous goal from the boundary line.

Might have been v Essendon. Might also have been GOTY.

Yep, Lucky Phil made GOTY against Essendon on a Friday night. We Won as well.

My memory aint what it used to be but one night against Adelaide, while the Sthn Stand was being rebuilt, I think it was Rock who marked almost on the final siren and kicked a boomer to win us the game by 3 points is one.

Also, another game against Bris (?) at the "G", game went something like Arch to Bell to Boomer who put us in front and all of us in the seats in front of Hassett room were turning around asking those who were watching it on TV "HOW LONG TO GO??" My goal kicker could be wrong cos I don't think Belly could have kicked that far.

Natch Blightys goal in '76 and McCartneys last game are a must.

Likewise mate, at the tender age of 8. It's as clear as if it occured a year ago though, as I'm sure you'd agree. One of the best feelings I've ever felt after a game (that didn't involve a girl).

You might have been one of those kids TT who witnessed me almost doing cart wheels out the gate that day. Felt like I was floating on air anyway.

Previous post, after reading through come to think about it, was Stevo who kicked the winner against Bris. :eek:

Also, who wasn't dancing around their lounge room or yard or wherever they were when Carlton player kicked goal to put them point up final qtr of their prelim game in '99??????? Got me all pumped as I skipped around my coffee table yelling and scream saying "we got it in the bag" "can beat those clowns easy". :D

Yep, Lucky Phil made GOTY against Essendon on a Friday night. We Won as well.

My memory aint what it used to be but one night against Adelaide, while the Sthn Stand was being rebuilt, I think it was Rock who marked almost on the final siren and kicked a boomer to win us the game by 3 points is one.

Also, another game against Bris (?) at the "G", game went something like Arch to Bell to Boomer who put us in front and all of us in the seats in front of Hassett room were turning around asking those who were watching it on TV "HOW LONG TO GO??" My goal kicker could be wrong cos I don't think Belly could have kicked that far.

Natch Blightys goal in '76 and McCartneys last game are a must.
I remember that well Gabbie, was a great goal to seal a great win.

The main reason I remember that though was because my old man had a company car with SA plates and we copped heaps in the car park until I popped the scarf out the window.

I remember that well Gabbie, was a great goal to seal a great win.

The main reason I remember that though was because my old man had a company car with SA plates and we copped heaps in the car park until I popped the scarf out the window.

Only one thing better than popping the North scarf out the window of a car with SA plates is popping it out the window of a Port supporting taxi driver's windows in ADELAIDE all the way back from moron park.:thumbsu:

I'd like to make a special mention of Longmire's lazy 14 against Melbourne one Saturday arvo at the "G". Got the North folk excited.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back