Fishing Favourite fish to catch in your state...

Remove this Banner Ad

austinthedog said:
i live in Darwin dont own a boat, but love fishing. I can drive 5 minutes from my house, on the low tide below a metre, fish the turn and there are barra galore. biggest has been about 80cm, and usually come home with something for tea.

100 meters up the road i can fish a high tide and land anything from mackeral, trevally queenfish etc. all this just 5 miuntes from the Darwin cbd!

Sure beats fishing for bream off the wharf down south in the freezing cold!:)

Quiet im jealous :mad:

I can watch my bombers down south though :D

QueensofLeon said:
Not my favourite fish for a fight but down here in Mandurah there is nothing better than pulling up a nice big WA Dhufish. They are a nice looking fish and taste absolutely awesome especially the wings.

(not me in the pic but a fair slab of fish there)

west_coast_charters_catch_21.jpg

Balltearer!

They're catching some rippers up around Onslow at the moment. My folks are "wintering" up there at the moment. They're going about 15 mile off the coast a couple of times a week and routinely pulling in 15 to 20 pound dhufish... makes me sick!

My dad keeps telling me about a spot up there that he's fished in a bit called "Red Square". Apparently fishing in there you're as close as you can get to guaranteed of pulling up Red Emporer. They brought some down with them when they were in Perth a couple of weeks ago. As far as fish go, I tell ya, it just does not get any better!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tailor I caught today was mighty satisfying(after hooking 3 off them last week and line snapping everytime)... boosted my Rig this week and landed 2, lost one(hooks and all).

Was bloody beautiful filleted and panned within a couple of hours too.

Have the larger brother in the fridge ready for a season and roast for tomorows dinner :thumbsu:

Up in the North West, get on a Tuna and they go bonkers. Good fun

As far as eating IMO you cant go past the Sand Whiting. Love them

WA, near Warnbro sound. Love catching:

Flathead - always good to catch a Flatty, so cool looking and its always hilarious trying to pry them off the hook. I have the biggest catch out of me mates - 52cm. Tastes good.

King George Whiting - Love the taste, good fish.

Pinkies - THE fish to catch where I come from, its the most prized catch.

Tailor are shit whoever said Tailor.

WA, near Warnbro sound. Love catching:

Flathead - always good to catch a Flatty, so cool looking and its always hilarious trying to pry them off the hook. I have the biggest catch out of me mates - 52cm. Tastes good.

King George Whiting - Love the taste, good fish.

Pinkies - THE fish to catch where I come from, its the most prized catch.

Tailor are shit whoever said Tailor.

Fishing down south is shit.

Fishing down south is shit.

South WA or south Perth.

South WA is far from shit if you know what you're doing;)

pinkies [ snapper ]

Nailed 4 of these a few weekends back before the weather turned crap in aforementioned south wa.

tn_tn1_DSC03083.JPG

Get into em boys, the days of closed seasons is fast approaching:(

South WA or south Perth.

Nailed 4 of these a few weekends back before the weather turned crap in aforementioned south wa.

tn_tn1_DSC03083.JPG

You've obviously never fished in the Kimberley then. Fishing down south is good, but nowhere near the quality of the absolute north. Fishing without crocodiles is weak. :D

You've obviously never fished in the Kimberley then. Fishing down south is good, but nowhere near the quality of the absolute north. Fishing without crocodiles is weak. :D

Usually at least once every year or 2 actually, and i do a Pilbara trip every year without fail.

I like it because it's different, and its a style of fishing i don't get to do often. That said, i'd never call fishing down south shit by any stretch

South WA or south Perth.

tn_tn1_DSC03083.JPG

nice fish hey no closed season in vic that i know of unless that has changed in s.a there is found that out last year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back