Movies & TV Fav TV Shows of all time

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Firefly- Perfect cast and writers as well as an off the wall idea for scifi. Brilliant, only thing missing was the perfect studio(Fox can die a slow death!!), impatient *ers. (Objects in Space and Jaynestown are favs)

Star Trek DS9- For me the best Star Trek, dark and season long story arks. The Dominion War could just be the perfect story.

Game Of Thrones- Brilliant writing that hasn't fallen off the wagon yet(Hello Walking Dead). The fact they have said there will be no more seasons after 8 seasons the writers aren't there for a pay day trying to drag it out and beat a dead horse.

Deadwood - Down and dirty. Great acting and once again not flogging a dead horse (though there are rumours of a continuation of the series)

:eek:There's only one possible winner

Blakes Seven

Closely followed by Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister- Laughs and instructional for oubluc servants and anyone who works in a Bureaucracy.

:eek:There's only one possible winner

Blakes Seven.

Blake's Seven is one of the great drinking games - swig every time you see an obvious prop (hair dryer as a laser gun, eskys etc.) swig when they beam down and spend twenty minutes trying to get through a gate or over a wall (when they could have just beamed back up and said "three feet to the left please") swig every time closing a door rocks the set etc.

And Paul Darrow as Kerr Avon would have to be one of the greatest characters ever created.

Avon: You're beaming down Villa.
Villa: why me? Why not you?
Avon: Because I'm not stupid, I'm not expendable and I'm not going!

Last edited:
Blake's Seven is one of the great drinking games - swig every time you see an obvious prop (hair dryer as a laser gun, eskys etc.) swig when they beam down and spend twenty minutes trying to get through a gate or over a wall (when they could have just beamed back up and said "three feet to the left please") swig every time closing a door rocks the set etc.

And Paul Darrow as Kerr Avon would have to be one of the greatest characters ever created.

Avon: You're beaming down Villa.
Villa: why me? Why not you?
Avon: Because I'm not stupid, I'm not expendable and I'm not going!
Lol that one lost in memory
Dont want to say too much about our habits while watching it. Suffice to say I think it contributed to short term memory loss in later years.
Different times and values.

I have a few :p in a vaguely chronological order for me;

Gunsmoke
Mr Ed
Bewitched
F Troop
Rifleman
Happy Days
Star Trek
Monty Python's Flying Circus
The Goodies
Mary Tyler Moore Show