FTA-TV Fargo

Remove this Banner Ad

I had to google the number plate too. I don't think it's significant for this show, just another reference to the original Fargo movie.

Not sure I agree 100% with your police work there, Frank! ;)

Yep. Every episode has a little nod to prior Fargo episodes , the movie or other Coen movies.

Foe example, the line Lorraine Lyon says to Officer Olmstead “Are you going to look for her, or are you going to sit drinking coffee in the one house in the state where I know that girl ain’t at?” was almost word for word what Nathan Arizona Sr said when the police and FBI were in his house after the abduction of his son in Raising Arizona.

Back to its brilliant best in episode 5 - so many double entendres and cross references it was hard to keep up. Loved the libertarian=baby put down and will keep it in my back pocket for future use.

Half way through the season now and the final shot has the tiger at the cross roads. Love the way the writers wink at the audience like that.

I hate cheating but I just could not work out the relevance of the number plate so went to Dr Google. Only had to type 2 letters before multiple suggestions came up. That's what happens when millions of people are doing the same thing in various parts of the world at the same time I guess.
Missed this, what was the number plate?

While I’ve enjoyed this season I think it’s definitely a step below the first three seasons.

It's a bit patchy. Some of the episodes have been excellent, others not so good. Some of the characterisation is ham-fisted. The females are all strong and smart, whereas most of the men are cartoonishly drawn - stupid and weak or violent rednecks.

It still amuses me that some people could live through nearly 100 years of film and television where women were predominantly accessories to motivate male protagonists, but a few movies or shows where women are ascendant and men look a little silly and they are up in arms.

'When you are accustomed to privilege, equality looks like oppression.'

Hearing great things which put it ahead of some others I had lined up for Xmas viewing

But you guys seem a bit meh?
I've found I NEED subtitles. A lot of the dialogue is very quiet, especially Dot. It's worth getting every word.

There are several characters I'm aching to see "get theirs"!

Its patchy. Some bits really good. And some getting a bit boring I’m finding. The whole puppet episode didn’t seem necessary. Didn’t advance the storyline- we knew all that- so what was the point? Wasting the talents of Jon Hamm and juno temple. Comon get on with it.

Its patchy. Some bits really good. And some getting a bit boring I’m finding. The whole puppet episode didn’t seem necessary. Didn’t advance the storyline- we knew all that- so what was the point? Wasting the talents of Jon Hamm and juno temple. Comon get on with it.

The Camp Utopia sequence was a little long winded but it was a very creative way to do a backstory exposition dump. It told us some new things. We didn't know much about Roy's first wife, how Nadine and Roy came to be together, and Nadine's relationship with Gator. Whether it was an accurate account is unclear as it was revealed to be a daydream. My first clue something fantastical was afoot was when she was driving down the road on the wrong side.

It was good to see Munch get more minutes. Every scene with him is a winner.

The soundtrack to this episode was outstanding.

The Camp Utopia sequence was a little long winded but it was a very creative way to do a backstory exposition dump. It told us some new things. We didn't know much about Roy's first wife, how Nadine and Roy came to be together, and Nadine's relationship with Gator. Whether it was an accurate account is unclear as it was revealed to be a daydream. My first clue something fantastical was afoot was when she was driving down the road on the wrong side.

It was good to see Munch get more minutes. Every scene with him is a winner.

The soundtrack to this episode was outstanding.
Yep- fair enough and agree munch is good value. And yep good music. But who cares about the first wife really- it’s been very clear from ep 1 that the ex husband is some kind of monster - that’s all the backstory I need. Seems a bit too much padding for my liking. Just cut to the chase- I want to see how she triumphs over him. Surely she has to find a way to just bump him off? And we noticed the driving on the wrong side too and wondered about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Binged up to the end of Episode 4

That whole episode was incredible episode that

Hamm and Juno are sensational and can’t fault the ensemble

Stranger things dude as the Sheriffs son is smashing it

Have avoided anything above until I catch up

Probably the best season for some time

Binged up to the end of Episode 4

That whole episode was incredible episode that

Hamm and Juno are sensational and can’t fault the ensemble

Stranger things dude as the Sheriffs son is smashing it

Have avoided anything above until I catch up

Probably the best season for some time
I couldn't put my finger on who it was.

Jim Carrey Alrighty Then GIF by Ace Ventura

did not see the Lawyer execution coming
I actually thought he was going there to do a deal with Roy to get rid of Dot. A bit silly to go there by himself and virtually tease him and admit he was behind the public humiliation Roy just went through and then make demands. Made no sense

I actually thought he was going there to do a deal with Roy to get rid of Dot. A bit silly to go there by himself and virtually tease him and admit he was behind the public humiliation Roy just went through and then make demands. Made no sense

I suppose Graves was reacting to Witt telling him that he needed to act quickly. But it's not clear why he chose not to call Lorraine, and why he went in alone to make a deal.

I thought it was a slight filler episode. I mean we surely knew Indira's deadbeat husband was having an affair and that she would dump him, didn't we? Munch has Gator at his mercy but didn't act - I feel there could be a twist there. Dorothy is in chains but we know she will prevail. Hopefully she doesn't have to cut her hand off!

I suppose Graves was reacting to Witt telling him that he needed to act quickly. But it's not clear why he chose not to call Lorraine, and why he went in alone to make a deal.

I thought it was a slight filler episode. I mean we surely knew Indira's deadbeat husband was having an affair and that she would dump him, didn't we? Munch has Gator at his mercy but didn't act - I feel there could be a twist there. Dorothy is in chains but we know she will prevail. Hopefully she doesn't have to cut her hand off!
No way that was filler. The plot was significantly advanced.

I didn’t pick the affair, yes to the dumping though.

The lars character really jars, they show no evidence to make you believe a strong smart woman like indiria would ever stay with him.
He doesnt provide, hes not charming, hes not threatening enough to make you think its an abusive relationship.
The only thing I can imagine is theyre high school sweethearts and shes just used to him.
It just seems like a needless b-plot but I guess alot of Coen brothers films do have these sorts of broad one-dimensional side characters so it is in the spirit of their films.

The lars character really jars, they show no evidence to make you believe a strong smart woman like indiria would ever stay with him.
He doesnt provide, hes not charming, hes not threatening enough to make you think its an abusive relationship.
The only thing I can imagine is theyre high school sweethearts and shes just used to him.
It just seems like a needless b-plot but I guess alot of Coen brothers films do have these sorts of broad one-dimensional side characters so it is in the spirit of their films.
I loved that list of qualities Lars gave Indira about what he wanted in a wife (last episode) 🥴. Did he mention a salary that would allow him to live in fantasyland like an adolescent with no responsibilities? She should have packed up there and then and left him to it. Or put a match to his golf equipment.

Loved this episode especially the scene with Dot and Scotty. Only matter of time before Indira kicked out her husband. No way would anyone put up with someone who didn't have a job and wasn't providing especially when they were in so much debt. Not sure if Dot will get out. At least everyone knows where she is. Completely stupid of Graves to go in alone but I guess he didn't realise how unhinge Roy was. John Hamm certainly the tip to get an Emmy, he is absolutely brilliant. I have a question. When Scotty drove off there was someone in the back of the car. They had red on. Was it the ghost of his mother.
Going back to the previous episode with the car crash did the so call Linda set it up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back