Leagues Fantasy & Supercoach BBL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have seen a couple of people suggesting that Bancroft might take the gloves again in front of Whiteman. Last year that happened because whiteman was injured I think. I can't see it happening but if it does it will make keeper selection interesting, especially given the scorchers play last in Rd 1.

Do they have a VC / Capt loophole like Supercoach ?

In other words do i need to pick a Melb star player for Rd1

Have seen a couple of people suggesting that Bancroft might take the gloves again in front of Whiteman. Last year that happened because whiteman was injured I think. I can't see it happening but if it does it will make keeper selection interesting, especially given the scorchers play last in Rd 1.
yeah Whites missed all of the last BBL with injury (cant think what it was, possibly finger related).
Bancroft isnt really a T20 Bat either (see FC record and SR). Whiteman will be our first choice keeper and he usually bats 3 so will be a good selection

Do they have a VC / Capt loophole like Supercoach ?

In other words do i need to pick a Melb star player for Rd1

There is a loophole, it can be tricky to use though. With two reserves in batting and bowling (for the fantasy comp) you basically need two non-playing players on one of those lines to use it. Or just use a keeper. Will be easier to use in the new BBL SC comp with one reserve on each line.

There is a loophole, it can be tricky to use though. With two reserves in batting and bowling (for the fantasy comp) you basically need two non-playing players on one of those lines to use it. Or just use a keeper. Will be easier to use in the new BBL SC comp with one reserve on each line.

Cheers

Thankfully one of us (and its not me) knows something

yeah Whites missed all of the last BBL with injury (cant think what it was, possibly finger related).
Bancroft isnt really a T20 Bat either (see FC record and SR). Whiteman will be our first choice keeper and he usually bats 3 so will be a good selection

Bancroft can bat, but yeah I'd be surprised if Whiteman doesn't take the gloves. I reckon Whiteman bats 5 or 6, can't see him coming in above Klinger, Bell, Voges or either of the Marsh brothers, unless there is an early collapse and they hold M Marsh back. Likewise if the top 4 performs then Marsh, Agar and Willey will be used as finishers ahead of Whiteman, so I wouldn't expect a huge amount of batting points from him. I'm looking at playing him for Rd 2 and Rd 3, and if he can score say 100 points in those 3 games with one decent innings and a few catches/stumpings I'll be happy.

Bancroft can bat, but yeah I'd be surprised if Whiteman doesn't take the gloves. I reckon Whiteman bats 5 or 6, can't see him coming in above Klinger, Bell, Voges or either of the Marsh brothers, unless there is an early collapse and they hold M Marsh back. Likewise if the top 4 performs then Marsh, Agar and Willey will be used as finishers ahead of Whiteman, so I wouldn't expect a huge amount of batting points from him. I'm looking at playing him for Rd 2 and Rd 3, and if he can score say 100 points in those 3 games with one decent innings and a few catches/stumpings I'll be happy.
he has been batting 3 above Marsh/Agar/Voges before, so no reason why he wont bat there again

he has been batting 3 above Marsh/Agar/Voges before, so no reason why he wont bat there again

Possibly. I can't recall him ever being the regular number 3, might have had a few goes there though.

I reckon it's

Klinger
Bell
S Marsh (not sure which 2 of those 3 will open)
Voges
Whiteman
M Marsh
Agar
Willey
Johnson
Dorff (Paris if Dorff is injured which I think he is going to be)
Tye

Cartwright, Turner, Bancroft all in the mix for a spot. I think it's a bit tricky to know who to pick as most of the squad will be available all tournament and the depth is good. I've read some suggestions that Cartwright will open, which pushes Whiteman even further down the order. And yeah, I think if they get a good start then M Marsh, Agar and Willey are all likely to be promoted above Voges & Whiteman to have a slog.

Possibly. I can't recall him ever being the regular number 3, might have had a few goes there though.

I reckon it's

Klinger
Bell
S Marsh (not sure which 2 of those 3 will open)
Voges
Whiteman
M Marsh
Agar
Willey
Johnson
Dorff (Paris if Dorff is injured which I think he is going to be)
Tye

Cartwright, Turner, Bancroft all in the mix for a spot. I think it's a bit tricky to know who to pick as most of the squad will be available all tournament and the depth is good. I've read some suggestions that Cartwright will open, which pushes Whiteman even further down the order. And yeah, I think if they get a good start then M Marsh, Agar and Willey are all likely to be promoted above Voges & Whiteman to have a slog.
he has been the number 3 for 3 seasons now. Voges will bat 5

It will be something like this, id imagine

S Marsh
Bell
Whiteman
Klinger
Voges
M Marsh
Agar
Willey
Johnson
Coulter-Nile
Paris

Dorff and Tye are injured.

Cartwright wont open if he plays. more a number 5 or 6. Turner will play if Agar gets injured or picked for Aus. Bancroft only for Whiteman

he has been the number 3 for 3 seasons now. Voges will bat 5

It will be something like this, id imagine

S Marsh
Bell
Whiteman
Klinger
Voges
M Marsh
Agar
Willey
Johnson
Coulter-Nile
Paris

Dorff and Tye are injured.

Cartwright wont open if he plays. more a number 5 or 6. Turner will play if Agar gets injured or picked for Aus. Bancroft only for Whiteman

Don't want to be a dick, but he's never batted 3. Went through every scorecard. Didn't play at all last Big Bash, the season before he played every game. Batted 5 twice, and 6 or 7 every other game. Never above Voges. In this years Matador he also played every game, batted mostly 8, a couple of times at 7. Cartwright opened in most of the Matador games.

Whiteman is good, but he doesn't have a power game. He's a keeper who can contribute with finesse if needed to bat. I can't see him ever batting higher than 5. Cartwright is a massive power hitter with big wraps.

Coulter-Nile is also injured, as is Paris. Jhye Richardson might get a run!

I also wouldn't totally rule out Bancroft playing ahead of Whiteman. He played a couple of good innings last Big Bash and can go big, watched his 176 in the Matador last year. I'm wary of Whiteman, but will still probably pick him.

Don't want to be a dick, but he's never batted 3. Went through every scorecard. Didn't play at all last Big Bash, the season before he played every game. Batted 5 twice, and 6 or 7 every other game. Never above Voges. In this years Matador he also played every game, batted mostly 8, a couple of times at 7. Cartwright opened in most of the Matador games.

Whiteman is good, but he doesn't have a power game. He's a keeper who can contribute with finesse if needed to bat. I can't see him ever batting higher than 5. Cartwright is a massive power hitter with big wraps.

Coulter-Nile is also injured, as is Paris. Jhye Richardson might get a run!

I also wouldn't totally rule out Bancroft playing ahead of Whiteman. He played a couple of good innings last Big Bash and can go big, watched his 176 in the Matador last year. I'm wary of Whiteman, but will still probably pick him.
dont want to be a dick, but he has!

upload_2016-12-11_18-31-42.png
upload_2016-12-11_18-32-1.png
upload_2016-12-11_18-33-34.png
upload_2016-12-11_18-35-56.png
upload_2016-12-11_18-36-38.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's pretty funny despite all their injuries the bowling unit that Perth will eventually play with will still be better than our pie-chuckers.

Fair enough. Didn't check 2013-2014. Would be willing to take some sort of bet that he bats 5 or lower every game this season.
probably fair since we have Marsh, Klinger and Bell who will probs bat 1, 2 and 3. but i wouldnt put it past them to promote Whiteman in some situations.
he could bat 3 or bat 10, we have that much flexibility with our batting lineup. Will be interesting to say the least.

but saying that, i havent picked him. but will be a good pick for whoever takes him.
It's pretty funny despite all their injuries the bowling unit that Perth will eventually play with will still be better than our pie-chuckers.
im guessing you're a Heat fan?

All you boys who know more about 20/20 than I do

how does this look as a starting team

View attachment 318994
like it a lot, i personally wouldnt pick both Roy and Billings though. McKay pick is a bit iffy, unsure of how he will go this season.

id also be looking at possibly getting a different back up allrounder as Head may have international duty during the BBL

All you boys who know more about 20/20 than I do

how does this look as a starting team

View attachment 318994

Agree with BeardAmigos, McKay is overpriced, doubt he'll go as well as last year, and you could free up cash there to turn Nair into Faulkner or MMarsh, both are grossly underpriced.

Nair is great and I hope he kills it, but his place in the Xl is far from assured. Looks great otherwise.

Agree with BeardAmigos, McKay is overpriced, doubt he'll go as well as last year, and you could free up cash there to turn Nair into Faulkner or MMarsh, both are grossly underpriced.

Nair is great and I hope he kills it, but his place in the Xl is far from assured. Looks great otherwise.

I went with McKay purely because he has the double header 1st round

god knows about the rest but i'll keep guessing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back