Society & Culture Facebook

Remove this Banner Ad

A friend posted this.

"Just going to post it here so I stop having to say the same thing over and over to everyone I come by.
...... and I have separated".

To which a friend of hers has replied, "Yeah it's nobody's business but yours and ..... PM if needed"

In other words, "It's nobody's business but mine".

A friend posted this.

Just going to post it here so I stop having to say the same thing over and over to everyone I come by.
...... and I have separated.

To which a friend of hers has replied, "Yeah it's nobody's business but yours and ..... PM if needed" In other words, it's nobody else's business but mine.

Nobody else's business but hers, though she put it on social media

A friend posted this.

"Just going to post it here so I stop having to say the same thing over and over to everyone I come by.
...... and I have separated".

To which a friend of hers has replied, "Yeah it's nobody's business but yours and ..... PM if needed"

In other words, "It's nobody's business but mine".
heck I feel good to not be on that vile platform, oh the things I'm missing

on sunday i spent half an hour or so scrolling through my feed and clickng on every ad and saying hide post/irrelevant.
then i stopped following a bunch of pages and groups as they started to appear in place of the ads.
and now when i open it i get a few posts from my friends overseas which are quite old.
im sure in time the ads will re-appear

Anyone know how the formula for "People You May Know" works?
No idea. I set up a burner account ages ago but since deleted but it kept suggesting Indian people I never met, or knew. I used it as an experiment to see if it was using location data. I'm not sure it was as it didn't seem to pick up people within close proximity.

I think it uses check in data and also friends of friends, number of mutual contacts etc. Many times however I've seen people pop up that I've only just met, or ran into. That's more than a coincidence.

Had a message this morning that my account has been restricted for breaching advertising rules. WTF? I've never advertised anything.
Without knowing details it's hard to know. Are there any photographs you've recently uploaded with products in them, sold anything on marketplace, any messages or posts that could possibly trick FB into thinking it was advertising?

Without knowing details it's hard to know. Are there any photographs you've recently uploaded with products in them, sold anything on marketplace, any messages or posts that could possibly trick FB into thinking it was advertising?

I'm pretty sure not. Maybe I mention CrossFit too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty sure not. Maybe I mention CrossFit too much.
I think it's been happening to a lot of people. FB don't give a crap about it's users which will ultimately burn them at some stage.

I’m not on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and I’ve tried them all before. So much better off without.

I got rid of Reddit, too, which to be honest I kept for so long because it’s the best archive of hot women showing off their assets you’ll ever see on the web. Was good for um, hand solo shenanigans.

But it’s too much, you want to keep looking and then it ends up chewing into gym time, chore time, hobby time etc. Not to mention other interesting threads. Also I hate the hive mind, upvote/downvote system of theirs, and at the end of the day it’s social media.

So BigFooty is my guilty pleasure. A return to the days of pre social media would be great but the genie is out of the bottle now.

I’m not on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and I’ve tried them all before. So much better off without.

I got rid of Reddit, too, which to be honest I kept for so long because it’s the best archive of hot women showing off their assets you’ll ever see on the web. Was good for um, hand solo shenanigans.

But it’s too much, you want to keep looking and then it ends up chewing into gym time, chore time, hobby time etc. Not to mention other interesting threads. Also I hate the hive mind, upvote/downvote system of theirs, and at the end of the day it’s social media.

So BigFooty is my guilty pleasure. A return to the days of pre social media would be great but the genie is out of the bottle now.
I logged in the other day because it's the only way I can see my class timetables. Facebook sent me an alert that it's been some time since I've posted a story and I should think about it. FB is doing everything it can to keep people hooked.

Instagram is worse especially for body image. People see what influencers post and expect to look the same. You've got people who go on holididays, take 10K photos and come back home then post one a day giving the impression they're always on an exciting adventure. Instagram is a trap.
the_interloper you nominate s**t songs in the song comp am I doin it rite?

I logged in the other day because it's the only way I can see my class timetables. Facebook sent me an alert that it's been some time since I've posted a story and I should think about it. FB is doing everything it can to keep people hooked.

Instagram is worse especially for body image. People see what influencers post and expect to look the same. You've got people who go on holididays, take 10K photos and come back home then post one a day giving the impression they're always on an exciting adventure. Instagram is a trap.
the_interloper you nominate s**t songs in the song comp am I doin it rite?

Everything from my footy team, musical taste or appearance gets mocked don't worry about that ha ha

Everything from my footy team, musical taste or appearance gets mocked don't worry about that ha ha
AT your age, like me, you're probably tying the old jumper over the neck by now, collecting vinyl........

I don't want to go down the vinyl rabbit hole, that will be too expensive
definitely can vouch for that. I once paid $900 for 60 records at an auction. Mind you I got some ripper stuff like Rodriguez, and Lindsay Buckingham which were worth over $250 just for the two. I think the lot came from one of the richest families in Adelaide.

But it is expensive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back