Sport Everything Soccer

Remove this Banner Ad

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
With the EPL season now in full swing, surely we have enough soccer fans on Essendon BigFooty to warrant a thread? (I couldn't find one in the last 3 pages)

As a spurs fan really looking forward to the game against the reds tonight (1030pm AEST) with a top of the table clash against my boys.

Stoked to city City lose and Man U continuing to not pull the points they should be.

I think they are one, possibly two genuinely star CB's short from being a top 4 side. At the moment we are forced to play Cappoue in the backs whilst one of the two recent LB's (Davies & Dier) sit on the bench.

You would think that Liverpool were playing no one this evening. Liverpool this, Liverpool that. Ballotelli this, Ballotelli that.

Balotelli's signing was one out of left field and along with his reputation I'm not surprised the focus is on him.

Tottenham are looking ordinary but I thought the Mignolet save was pretty good.

I'm surprised a penalty wasn't paid against Lovren then.

I look forward to Sterling having more of an impact this year and whilst we have lost Suarez I think we have picked up some pretty good talent.
I think Chelsea will be hard to beat and they are my tip to take away the title

Ben the Gooner what are your thoughts on the upcoming game against City?

I'm quietly (very quietly) confident. We've got some real pace and goal threat up front now, especially with Walcott back in the picture, so I think if Ozil plays centrally we can do some real damage.

I'm quietly (very quietly) confident. We've got some real pace and goal threat up front now, especially with Walcott back in the picture, so I think if Ozil plays centrally we can do some real damage.
What did you think of the Welbeck signing?
I was talking to my Arsenal loving nephew and he was pretty dubious of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone up for the EPL?

My little one is teething at the moment so didn't catch last night's games (saw some highlights) but waiting up for the Spurs match (versus West Brom Albion) at 10:30pm tonight.

Hoping we can stamp ourselves on the game early and put up a decent goal differential after the pathetic showing against the Reds.

Poor darling. It's definitely trying times.

Well the Reds put up a pathetic showing this morning. I got up to watch it. There's 90 minutes I'll never get back

Being your home game I don't believe the White Hart lane faithful are going to cop a poor performance.

I see Bale put in a fair performance in Champions League mid week. Arguably one of the best players in the world not to play in a World Cup

Poor darling. It's definitely trying times.

Well the Reds put up a pathetic showing this morning. I got up to watch it. There's 90 minutes I'll never get back

Being your home game I don't believe the White Hart lane faithful are going to cop a poor performance.

I see Bale put in a fair performance in Champions League mid week. Arguably one of the best players in the world not to play in a World Cup

I was a little gobsmacked at the side Barca put out in CL to. Hardly knew anyone. Was against a lowly opponent, but it was a smack in the face by Barca.

Oh well. Any other games on tonight ?

Edit:

Tottenham v West Brom
Leicester v Man United
Man City v Chelsea
Everton v Crystal Palace

City/Chelsea looms as a crucial one for City with the prospect of them joining a logger jam around that 4th - 8th table position should they not gain any points tonight. Chelsea win and they move 5 points clear of Soton and Villa

Don't know about you but the EPL is so much more enjoyable compared to the crap going on around out AFL side.

Also the 9:45 and 10pm games also makes them so much more watchable.

We watched Stoke & QPR last night. Wasn't a bad game

Don't know about you but the EPL is so much more enjoyable compared to the crap going on around out AFL side.

Also the 9:45 and 10pm games also makes them so much more watchable.

We watched Stoke & QPR last night. Wasn't a bad game

I was so encapsulated with the VFL game today at one stage I forgot my little one was there. That is how much enjoyment I am getting out of other sports.

In the mean time, Tottenham's "stars" like Christian Ericksen and Eric Lamela are being given the run around by a washed up Joelene Lescott :cool:
Didn't even know Lescott is still playing

In the mean time, Tottenham's "stars" like Christian Ericksen and Eric Lamela are being given the run around by a washed up Joelene Lescott :cool:
Add Harrera to that, ridiculous flick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back