everyone needs introductions

Remove this Banner Ad

_espoir

Club Legend
Feb 14, 2003
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
well, since i saw a few people i know on here i thought i might as well join my fellow port fans

*ahem* Hi, my name is Amanda a 21 year old

I'm currently a part time sports photographer for one of the pros that does shots around the ground...

my father used to play for the B grades along with my grandpa and great grandpa for port maggies... other than that anything you wanna know just ask

Originally posted by _espoir
well, since i saw a few people i know on here i thought i might as well join my fellow port fans

I'm currently a part time sports photographer for one of the pros that does shots around the ground...

my father used to play for the B grades along with my grandpa and great grandpa for port maggies... other than that anything you wanna know just ask

Wow, good family history you have there! How many games did they play for the mighty magpies?

Originally posted by noddy
All these new signings are starting to look a little sus if you ask me, how many more alias can you come up with dk?? ;)

Doubt it's dk as there isn't enough........................... of those thingys..................!

Re: Re: everyone needs introductions

Originally posted by Eago77
Wow, good family history you have there! How many games did they play for the mighty magpies?

wow i'm gonna have to check up on that one, my great grandpa was the head trainer (eek sorry looked at the wrong person) of the 1936 permires with my grandpa as capatin

other wise i'll have to check up, my dad didn't play many games broke his thumb in the ruck then started working and never went back to it, used to play with Brian Cunningham for a short while (went to the same schools) i on the other hand went to primary school with Dew..

Re: Re: Re: everyone needs introductions

wow i'm gonna have to check up on that one, my great grandpa was the coach of the 1936 permires with my grandpa as capatin

Your great Grandpa is Shine Hosking??

wow i'm gonna have to check up on that one, my great grandpa was the coach of the 1936 permires with my grandpa as capatin

other wise i'll have to check up, my dad didn't play many games broke his thumb in the ruck then started working and never went back to it, used to play with Brian Cunningham for a short while (went to the same schools) i on the other hand went to primary school with Dew..

1936:
Port - first (again!!!)
Coach - S Hosking (MM 1910) (coach 21, 27-31 & 36-38, also coach of PA-WT 42-44) (captain part of 1912) (B&F 1910)
Captain - J Dermody (captain 36-37), (B&F 33 & 35)

All these new signings are starting to look a little sus if you ask me, how many more alias can you come up with dk?? ;)

have no idea what you are talking about lol

as for photos?

portvsessedon.JPG

5.JPG

carr.JPG

(not football but Stuart O'Grady)
sg.jpg

(OH nooo sorry HEAD TRAINER was my great grandpa!.. not choach my bad sorry!! )

Originally posted by Eago77
1936:
Port - first (again!!!)
Coach - S Hosking (MM 1910) (coach 21, 27-31 & 36-38, also coach of PA-WT 42-44) (captain part of 1912) (B&F 1910)
Captain - J Dermody (captain 36-37), (B&F 33 & 35)

look for C.Andersen Jrn (or Snr) he was captain for a bit... his dad (great grandpa) was head trainer ..i read the wrong thing...

I only need the one noddy......unlike a few of your mates on the cows board who have been caught out before........:D

Welcome to the Port board Amanda.......

Again it's great to see so many new Port supporters on the board.

Perhaps it might be a good time for everyone to add a little piece about themselves as an introduction to all.

Name: Stephen

Location: Darwin (been in the NT for 9 years - originally from Adelaide)

AFL Team: Port Adelaide

SANFL Team: Port Adelaide Magpies

Membership/Season Tickets: Full Member of both Port clubs and Cat 1 Footy Park with GF anchor as well as co-ordinator of the Port Adelaide Top End Supporters Group

Other Teams: 36'ers, any NT sporting team and any Australian side

Footy/Club History in the family: My Grandfather played for West Adelaide in the 1920's going on to captain the side and represent SA in interstate footy. He was a life member of the club and played in one of those rare premierships West have achived. My father played for West's U19's with Doug Thomas but saw the light with my mother converting him to Port Adelaide many years ago.

Favourite Premiership and why: 1977.....after the depressing loss in 1976 it was awesome to comeback and win as well as hearing Russell say those immortal words....... .............. "It's been a bloody long time but by gees it;s worth it" as he held up the Cup.

Have to also add 1990 after the crap we copped over the initial AFL bid it was great to come out and thump the Bays........as well as our 3rd in a row which has now happened 3 times during my lifetime already........

Feel free to add any other items you like as we'll expand as we go along............

I only have 2 claims to fame by association, I think :)

My great grandad was Bos Daly, who played for Norwood, and (I think) North. He still holds the SANFL goalkicking record for a match. He kicked 27 goals in a match (I think for Norwood).

Other than that, my cousin Mark Donovan played for Glenelg (Boo-hiss) in the 80's. He was number 32.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i have no idea what numbers my grandpa(s) were... thats something for me to ask my father about.... knowing him he'll tell me the life history and forget the real question i asked...:D

Name: Jenni

Location: Henley Beach (down the road from Josh Francou, around the corner from Cain Ackland, near Nick Stevens, Darryl Wakelin, Warren Tredrea and Damien Hardwick.)

Membership/Season Tickets: Very nearly a Port Magpie full member, just as soon as I get my $50!

Other Teams: Fremantle (I only like to see them do well, they've sucked a bit these past few years, they're due for some success IMO.), Aussie Cricket Team, 36ers.

Footy/Club History in the family: None.. I only moved to Australia in 1993!

Favourite Premiership and why: Never seen one. Hopefully this year! :D:D

Added Item:

Association with either your AFL or SANFL team: I help maintain the Port Magpies website. And YES, it will get better! :D

Originally posted by Power Pride
I help maintain the Port Magpies website. And YES, it will get better! :D

Do you know the link for the honour board that was done last year.....I couldn't find it on the site but I know it still exists as I have the link on my PC at home.

Might help with a few of the earlier captain and coaching details.

Re: Re: Re: Re: everyone needs introductions

Originally posted by dreamkillers
Do you know the link for the honour board that was done last year.....I couldn't find it on the site but I know it still exists as I have the link on my PC at home.

Might help with a few of the earlier captain and coaching details.

I have absolutely no idea where that went. PM me the link and I'll email Neil and tell him to put it back on, I have some graphics I need to email him anyway.

i guess since everyone is doing the status i'll do mine

Name: Amanda

Membership/Season Tickets: I have Port Power, my father has Port magpies/port power

Other Teams: Essendon, (hehe)

Footy/Club History in the family: Only grandpa/great grandpa (played in 1913/14/36 permires)

Association with either your AFL or SANFL team: Well i printed the profile shots of port power.. told the photographer which one i liked best. Printed the Best/Fairest shots this year (if you get the members mag, the shots in there are from Glamour Studios the guy who owns it is giving me sports shots to do around the ground) other than that..... Mathew Clarke (crows) comes into my work gets his photos done, so anyone want blackmail stuff? those crow's parties...another wayne carey thing

anything else?

Name: Craig Mckay aka Macca

Membership/Season Tickets: Cat 1 Football Park membership and Full Membership

Other Teams: Manchester United, Barnet Bees, most Adelaide based teams, Mark Webber

Footy/Club History in the family: My grandfather was trainer for a few years a long time ago. Two cousins played for the Magpies. Great Grandmother was life member, used to board players.

Favourite Premiership and why: 1996. We werent expected to win, especially without Poole. Grand Final Day was my 15th birthday so it made it extra special. Scott Hodges dominated which made it even better. Watching the ****y arrogant Centrals supporters who thought the game was won before the match crying after the game made it even more better!

*edits hers 'cos she's changed since she's done it*

Name: Bernadette

Occupation: University student - 1st year LLB/LP+BA at Flinders

SANFL Team: West Adelaide

Membership/Season Tickets: Port Adelaide/West Adelaide..

Other Teams: Collingwood, Essendon... CANTERBURY! The Kangaroos... oh.. and occasionally Brighton. Arsenal... um...

Footy/Club History in the family: Um... eh-oh... laaalaaaa....

Association with either your AFL or SANFL team: I have a few friends...

Name: Kent

Membership/Season Tickets: Cat 1 Football Park membership and Full Membership, PAMFC member

Other Teams: 6ers, Charlton Athletic, WTDCC

Footy/Club History in the family: My family history is more cricket based. Uncle played for Port CC, that's as close as we get.

Favourite Premiership and why: 1990 i think

Association with either your AFL or SANFL team: Sponsor both the Power & the Magpies

Name: Mike

Location: Tokyo - well near Tokyo anyway. Before that, Adelaide (Glenside - the suburb, not the loony bin).

AFL Team: Port Adelaide (dumb question? :))

Membership/Season Tickets: Nothing at present :~(

Other Teams: Bit of a soft spot for the Dons, and I respect Brisbane (don't like em though). Redbacks and Aussie cricket team I spose. Saitama Reds (local soccer team here). Tokyo Goannas (AFL team). 36ers. Newcastle in the soccer.

Footy/Club History in the family: Like I said in my other post, Bos Daly was my great grand father. Still holds the goalkicking record in the SANFL after kicking 27 goals in a match. Mark Donovan (cousin played for Glenelg). I played VERY briefly for the Parndana footy club on Kangaroo Island (same league as Ladey comes from), and used to play a bit for the Adelaide Uni Blacks.

Favourite Premiership and why: Can't really remember one sticking out, but my favourite final (apart from beating Essendon last year), was the year Hodges won the game with a 50 metre goal from the corner of the 50m arc and the boundary. Against Norwood, wasn't it. Oh, and the 2003 premiership :)

Re: Re: Re: Re: everyone needs introductions

Name: Matt

Membership/Season Tickets: Season tickets - Getting Membership

Other Teams:
Previous Fan of Carlotn (Craig Bradley), Essendon (Wanganeen), and Collingwood (Buckley) while I was growing up.
36ers, Redbacks ...etc etc etc

Footy/Club History in the family:
Played country footy since I was 10.
Played in numerous underage representative sides (representing Centrals)
Coached local junior side, played 170 odd games of seniors before my back blew up and I had to retire last season. (My body is still trying to convince my head of this fact)

Favourite Premiership and why:
The most recent premiership we won against Norwood - great game fitting result.

The reserves GF we won against Norwood the day Eugene kicked about 5 in the last quarter .... even though the A's lost, I ran into an old friend who was playing for the pies, and got myself back to Alberton complete with a players drink pass, and free access to the entire place :)
[/B]

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: everyone needs introductions

Originally posted by Malibu#27

The reserves GF we won against Norwood the day Eugene kicked about 5 in the last quarter .... even though the A's lost, I ran into an old friend who was playing for the pies, and got myself back to Alberton complete with a players drink pass, and free access to the entire place :)

I've got that game on an unofficial video that the club released featuring a slightly drunk Tim Giniver and Barry Curtin commentating - that last quarter effort was pretty amazing by Eugene.

Name - Chris Niehus

Age - 26

Location - Kent Town

Occupation - Writer/Music Journalist

AFL Team - Port Adelaide

SANFL Team - Port Magpies

Membership/Season Tickets - Power - Season Ticket/Generation Supporter/Sponsor of the Supporters Club...Magpies - Member/Season Ticket

Other Teams - Liverpool, Boston Red Sox

FootyClub/History in the Family - I played under 11's with Alf Steed at Port Districts and Nathan Seal went to my primary school..(semaphore dominican)..beat him up once if i remember correctly..lol Won best first year player award at Port Districts.Played school football at St Michaels with the Kluzaks and Camporeale. Played First 18 at CBC with that guy who once played a few games for Centrals..(yeah must have been good cant remember him)..

Fav. Premiership and why - 1988, because it was the first for ages. 1990 because of the AFL crap that year, and Glenelg taking out a court injunction..(B**silly people).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back