Eugene Arocca on Fox Sports News tonight - 9.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

love your work you are a ripping poster twinkletoes if theres ever a interview on sen or something like this i can always rely on u to give me the down low :thumbsu:

Ditto:thumbsu: Thanks also to miss kate for taking the time to fill us in on the interview detail.

I believe the delay in starting the re-development is financial, as stated by others on this thread. There is quite a large shortfall so it is important that as many members as possible can put up an extra $20 when they re-new their membership.

It will happen.

Dear All - particularly numchuks and GeordieRoo

Will you ease up!

The current process is that we are narrowing down the 5 building companies that have tendered for the job. We expect to name the final two today with a decision as to the builder by the Club on Monday or Tuesday next week.

There will be a shortfall between the cost and the funding, however, please take into account what has been achieved since this Board and Administration came together in February, 2008;
  • $3.5M in extra funding;
  • A larger and more practical Facility;
  • Planning approval on 7 November, 2008;
Because the builder selection process has taken place a little later than we had hoped, it may be that they cannot start building until March or April, however, at this stage, we are expecting a February, 2009 start.

We are spending a lot of time doing financial modelling given what is looming as a very serious economic downturn, to ensure that we are able to meet the funding gap without increasing our borrowings. The fact that our membership is down on 2008 means that we really have to sharpen our pencils. That said - WE WILL BUILD IT!!

Thank you for your support in 2008 and please make sure you renew your memberships as soon as possible.

Go Roos!!
Eugene

Thanks Euge. This is one of the most anticpated actions the club has taken for many years and certain areas of the media have been strong in saying that it won't happen (Caroline). We are all keen to see the first sod turned as I know you are too.

This re-development issue is both concerning and annoying me.

We've been told start dates of late '08, and then early in '09 (as I believed was correct until 5.40pm this arvo).

An email was sent to members today from Brent Harvey, basically a Christmas message, I'm sure everyone here would have got it.

This email said the redevelopment 'should begin late February'. Now tonight Arocca has said March or April. The club can't even get their story straight. How did it change by 2 months from an email sent at 5.40 pm to Eugene appearing on TV at 9?

We've also been told the final plans have been singed off on and approved by council. If Euge says they are still doing 'due dilligence' what does that mean? Do we have to get revised plans through council etc?

The flip side to the HQ being put back is that we have $13 million sitting in our bank account earning interest for us.

Lol, yeah, that's open to interpretation without my including quotations. Technically though, I guess I am too, having spent my first 3 years in West Brunswick and Ascot Vale. It's a very long time ago though. I pull that fact out when it suits me............like when I'm about to be carjacked by some guy from Preston who's waving a knife and shouting "Youse yuppies in ya flash cars shit me!".....................he always gets a shock, especially as he works at the Car Service joint where I go to regularly!

T'toes

Pfft. Come back to me after 17 years in the western suburbs, including working opposite Werribee station, and seeing junkies run through the shop having knife fights. :)

It's all that Red Bull!

Ah, good idea. Red Bull gives me the shakes though so if I were to follow your example my posts would all read "sgh74tgjsdhfg!2".

Dear All - particularly numchuks and GeordieRoo

Will you ease up!

The current process is that we are narrowing down the 5 building companies that have tendered for the job. We expect to name the final two today with a decision as to the builder by the Club on Monday or Tuesday next week.

There will be a shortfall between the cost and the funding, however, please take into account what has been achieved since this Board and Administration came together in February, 2008;
  • $3.5M in extra funding;
  • A larger and more practical Facility;
  • Planning approval on 7 November, 2008;
Because the builder selection process has taken place a little later than we had hoped, it may be that they cannot start building until March or April, however, at this stage, we are expecting a February, 2009 start.

We are spending a lot of time doing financial modelling given what is looming as a very serious economic downturn, to ensure that we are able to meet the funding gap without increasing our borrowings. The fact that our membership is down on 2008 means that we really have to sharpen our pencils. That said - WE WILL BUILD IT!!

Thank you for your support in 2008 and please make sure you renew your memberships as soon as possible.

Go Roos!!
Eugene

Having recently built a house for my family, I have some idea of the amount of work that goes into the planning, on top of the council approval.

One can only imagine what it would take for a project of this size. The issues such as the funding short fall are only a tip of the iceberg. Even the money we have available to us wouldn't just be given to us in one big fat lump sum. Before the builder is finally chosen it would be virtually impossible to finalize any dates or contractual arrangements.

Have some patience.

One thing I'd be keen to find out from Eugene is whether directors like Stephen Head (who IIRC has some property development background) are heavily involved or are helping with the organisation and project management of our redevelopment work? Especially given Head's recent history and involvement with the Gold Coast faction. Sorry for being cynical but I'd be interested to know whether he is 100% with the current board, or whether he has been put in there as a rep of the previous board as part of some kind of deal to keep everyone happy.

Thanks for the update, Eugene.

Great to see the admin continuing to keep members and supporters (I trust EVERY North fan here on BF is a member!!) informed of developments.

I hope you have a relaxing half-day off next Thursday. ;)

Did he say how disappointing it is for us interstate members who buy a Roocrew membership which is basically a donation given the fact that we need to pay an extra $30 to get in to Subi(on top of membership price) and watch North play because there is not a very high allocation of seats for Interstate teams?
On top of that we cant go in to the draw for the car because we dont pay the Full North membership which allows you to watch all 11 home games in Melbourne when we live in Perth?That not right and not fair to Interstate members.:mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for your continued outstanding leadership of our club, and your open communication with us members Eugene :thumbsu:

You handled yourself very well on FoxSports News last night and your positive representation of our club, and it's future here in Melbourne, was heartwarming to say the least. We're on board. The challenge for us, the converted, is ensuring every Tom, Dick, Harry and Sally we come into contact with is also fully paid up, and intending to turn up in 2009.

We'll be fighting the good fight, right behind you and your team, both now and in future years.

Love your work mate :thumbsu:

T'toes

It's all that Red Bull!

Don't give up the trade secrets mate ;)

Originally Posted by miss_kate18
Ah, good idea. Red Bull gives me the shakes though so if I were to follow your example my posts would all read "sgh74tgjsdhfg!2".

If I didn't have the Edit facility Kate that's exactly how mine would be as well. Sometimes I look at what I've typed when listening to a North person being interviewed and it resembles ancient Egyptian hyroglyphics!!

T'toes

thanks anyway kate but yeah u might wanna improve a bit in future i reckon most ppl will just skip yours and read twinkletoes for obvious reasons

I read them both, and thanks to you both. aria on the money as always.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back