Roast Essendon in no mans land

Remove this Banner Ad

Rd 17 2013 they were 2nd on the ladder. Definitely were contending that year
That's the interesting thing. These sides all had their chance and are too willing to blame the fates, or the rules for their stuff-ups.

When the media and draft experts are uniform in suggesting you should draft Tanner Bruhn and Ollie Henry in 2020, don't blame covid for not picking them.

Same with North complaining about how free agency has screwed them over. Didn't seem to be such an injustice when they led a preliminary final at half time in 2015 with a team including Shaun Higgins (free agent), Nick Dal Santo (free agent) and Jarrad Waite (free agent).

The best way to get out of no man's land, grasshopper, is to find a way out and not blame others for putting you there.

They are meek and irrelevant. Besides Merrett, no stars. Average key position stocks, a vanilla one paced midfield, horribly weak tackling. They need to do something radical to turn this around. I'd suggest starting by letting your football do the talking rather than proclaiming they have the Essendon Edge. They are now a joke.

from best club in the country (imo) to the absolute worst took ~25 years

beyond the obvious of Hird/Dank/Weapon, the actions of the hierarchy over those 25 years needs to be closely looked at.

See above re excuses.
Yeah, it's obviously not the problem. Essendon's list problems are deeply ingrained and have been a perpetual issue since 2006. But the Shiel trade really ****ed us. Look at the 2018/19 drafts where we effectively had no picks compared to 2016/2020 in which we had strong hands. They were much, much weaker classes. With the picks we had in '20, right now there's only really a strong argument for picks over Cox - and they mostly all skew heavily towards hindsight is 20/20 type arguments

That's the interesting thing. These sides all had their chance and are too willing to blame the fates, or the rules for their stuff-ups.

When the media and draft experts are uniform in suggesting you should draft Tanner Bruhn and Ollie Henry in 2020, don't blame covid for not picking them.

Same with North complaining about how free agency has screwed them over. Didn't seem to be such an injustice when they led a preliminary final at half time in 2015 with a team including Shaun Higgins (free agent), Nick Dal Santo (free agent) and Jarrad Waite (free agent).

The best way to get out of no man's land, grasshopper, is to find a way out and not blame others for putting you there.
Bruhn standing next to Parish doesn’t make them much better if any. Henry, well they probably done their research on him.

Funnily enough atm McKay absolutely looks like he should be their second highest paid player

They need to remove the board and president for starters

Kernahan levels of delusion over at the Bombers.

Bringing in Vozzo and replacing Dodoro was a good start but they need a proper cleanout of the entitled dinosaurs who still think it's the VFL.
I didn't expect to see an Eagles supporter come on here..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bruhn standing next to Parish doesn’t make them much better if any. Henry, well they probably done their research on him.

Funnily enough atm McKay absolutely looks like he should be their second highest paid player
Harry?

wasn't even the second KPF taken that draft ;)

Why did Saad leave?
A lot of players either left or were close to leaving before Scott took over.
I don't really know why Saad left, the 'cope' is that it's because he didn't want to defend, but I seriously doubt he'd agree with that point of view... another thing I've heard is that the 2020 hub exposed some strong mutual dislikes among players.

356BAB2600000578-3647839-image-a-1_1466227306131.jpg

+

GFGeSy22DC1912.jpg

=

e2cf21951129247d7f808a00b26fdf27-836x470.jpeg

its good to see someone other than a hawthorn, Carlton or Norf supporter piling on Essendon
Not even a pile-on really.

WCE and Essendon had a great rivalry back in the day.

Obviously WCE are a joke on-field currently but Essendon have been basically irrelevant since 2001.

Now, people with the old VFL mindset might enjoy that but I think it's good for the competition to have a variety of clubs have a turn at the top.

Pretty ******* boring seeing the same-old's at the pointy end for what feels like an eternity.

Not even a pile-on really.

WCE and Essendon had a great rivalry back in the day.

Obviously WCE are a joke on-field currently but Essendon have been basically irrelevant since 2001.

Now, people with the old VFL mindset might enjoy that but I think it's good for the competition to have a variety of clubs have a turn at the top.

Pretty ******* boring seeing the same-old's at the pointy end for what feels like an eternity.
Getting pretty boring yep

They are discussing the topic.

'My man' o_O
just being courteous in case a word triggers any moderators

Of course the Carlton Cohort discusses Essendon, they have a thread dedicated to Essendon on there own board. They live completely unhinged by EFC hence the constant bashing of us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back