Multiplat Elden Ring

Remove this Banner Ad

Stick with it even when you get frustrated

It took me a few weeks to get up to speed with everything (where I can go vs where I should be going to further the story, how to tackle the enemies properly etc). I eventually finished it, but it was a bit of a slog (mostly because of the beginning of the game set me back a bit). I did go on to finish the game several more times and replaying it the game was a lot easier (in part because of being so over powered + knowing what to do). Even when I finally got sick of the game on Xbox, I started playing it again on pc :p

Completed my no ashes run, and now wish I did my first run without them. They really do trivialise way too many bosses and I ended up killing the majority way too quickly first time through.

Finally got Radagon and the EB.

Just couldn't do it with my pure mage, my faith/strength build - with a Flame of the Redmanes fire Great Mace - did Horah Loux, Radagon and EB in the same half hour. Frantic spamming of Redmanes on the last pixel of EB's health bar before the *er swims off!

Ranni ending. Felt terrific.

I've now gotten all the major bosses except Rykard, just because Rykard doesn't appeal to me. Been distracted by the PVP more than anything else.

I am going for a platinum trophy, but I killed Fia too early.

Now after I finish my first run I have to play half the game again for 1 trophy 😭

Lucky the game is so much fun! I'm up to like 200 hours and I haven't even finished the first playthrough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I finally finished and platinumed the game. Now I don't know what to play. I haven't enjoyed a game so throughly since Skyrim.

Just bought the game. Did anyone go a Bandit or Prisoner as base character?
I started as an Astrologer but what you start with doesn’t really matter once you get 10-20 levels in. Bandit is meant to be one of the harder classes but Prisoner is a bit easier and more well-rounded.

Well Adhreel dragon kicked my butt at level 26..

Upgraded my swords to +3 and running around on horse. Still making it hard.
+3 ....
200.gif

Also find a good summon and level that up as well to help. Guides are your friend to find the right smithing stones and grave glowert

Caves are usually your go to.
If you go to elden-wiki, and search for the specific smithing stones you need, it will list the locations you can find them. The higher your weapon level, the diferent +Type of stone you need.
Awesome! thanks mate.

I stumbled upon Limerick Tunnels and raided it.

Finally killed the dragon and Margit the Fell. Went into a few catacombs. This game is so big!

What did everyone end up playing as when they did it?

My first playthrough I restarted as a melee and caster didn't feel right. Went a Blood lust dual melee build. Got my scimitars up to +4 and have been mowing down enemies with blood slash.

Going to find another dual weild weapon that might be better than the scimitars

Awesome! thanks mate.

I stumbled upon Limerick Tunnels and raided it.

Finally killed the dragon and Margit the Fell. Went into a few catacombs. This game is so big!

What did everyone end up playing as when they did it?

My first playthrough I restarted as a melee and caster didn't feel right. Went a Blood lust dual melee build. Got my scimitars up to +4 and have been mowing down enemies with blood slash.

Going to find another dual weild weapon that might be better than the scimitars
I think I used a Bloodhound Fang early till I could duel wield with it and another sword. Dex build.

I can't remember what I used on my last save but it was cheesy. I think Bloodhound Fang with an STR build. Is that the one with the ridiculous move with iframes that you could flip into the enemy/boss for huge damage? The advice I got years ago for these games which I always apply to any Souls-like is your HP is the difficulty level. If you're struggling then sink points into Vigor because you can't do any damage at all if you're dead. I'm not ashamed to admit that the first thing I always do is sink points into Vigor until soft cap. A lot of build guides are by good players and min/max damage. Leveling weapons is nice for a small damage bump but that can always come a bit later from STR or STR/DEX on a weapon with good scaling.

/2c from a Souls scrub

Remove this Banner Ad

Back