EFC players: Comfortable satisfaction not reached.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm shocked - any respect I had left for the afl and it's integrity department has now gone out the window.
So tell me once more, what was it that the EFC self reported on
While my opinion is worthless, I will always think of the essendon football club as cheats - no amount of media spin will change that

Back in the 80's there was a claim that Hawthorn were sniffing an illegal liquid stimulant during breaks in the game.

Coach Kevin Sheedy chatted to police over his concerns, which resulted in a full-on drug squad investigation where detectives interviewed Hawthorn coach Allan Jeans (then a serving policeman) and Leigh Matthews.

Hawthorn were found not guilty (and rightly so) , just as Essendon have been (and rightly so).

So do you forever consider your own club a bunch of drug cheats?

You don't consider Essendon a bunch of cheats at all. It's simply "opposition supporter posturing" and the fake outrage that accompanies the twitter/Facebook crowd.

I have no love for either Essendon or Collingwood, but I'll happily back the actions and stance of your club in how youve dealt with the issue over Essendons.
By happily letting these 2 lose their right to privacy, and also they were positive tests so clearly they took something illegal.

Essendon faught for 2 years to get natural justice for the players and club and were vindicated today.

Yeah you don't sound too bright pal.

What were West Coast found guilty of in the mid 2000s again? We were all 'on the gear' and people are still talking about a "tainted" premiership a decade later.

Do Essendon fans really believe this not guilty verdict from the AFL is going to make people say 'Hey, they did nothing wrong after all. Good on them'?

Maybe you don't care what outside parties think and that's your prerogative, but you're not innocent in any way shape or form. The club has wriggled out of an AFL charge through dodgy record keeping and backroom dealings. Not once has there been a statement of 'this is what we took, this is how we took it, here is the paperwork showing we comply with the code'. That is the only defence that would have swayed the opinion of the public and anti-doping agencies. Again, perhaps the club and its supporters don't care and their is their prerogative, but the stain has not been lifted nor is the seemingly never-ending saga over.

My 2c is that the decision will piss off WADA/ASADA no end, and I wait to see what their next moves are. If WADA/ASADA believe the AFL are not taking them seriously to better serve their own interests that will not bode well.

The main issue seems to be that many supporters think the s**t won't be heaped for many years to come.

Just be prepared for it.
prepared for it, and couldn't give a rats tossbag. Not even a fraction of a heck is given.

Why would it be?

You can call us cheats and we can call you cheats. And the best bit? Despite all this gnashing of teeth, in 3 weeks this will be virtually forgotten about, save in a few disillusioned opposition supporters heads :D

Didn't Watson admit taking TB4 on national television?

They booked Armstrong for less.
This sums up the general public and their knowledge on the saga really.

NFI

I'm shocked - any respect I had left for the afl and it's integrity department has now gone out the window.
So tell me once more, what was it that the EFC self reported on
While my opinion is worthless, I will always think of the essendon football club as cheats - no amount of media spin will change that

and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, however i feel sorry for yours, holding onto a negative belief that is only that... a belief and not a fact doesn't help anyone or anything.. the thing about opinions is you can choose to share/listen to one or not, which means it gives people a choice whether to actually give a sh&* about it or not...

While i would like to find out the truth and unfortunately this obviously isn't it, my opinion is this gives everyone a chance to cool their jets and get onto whats most important, our great game, and not carrying on like many people (both essendon and non-essendon supporters) have done over the last few years.

Bring on 2015.. for the football and not the negativity...

To be fair, there is a lot of pent up frustration there. Essendon supporters have had to put up with baiting, taunting, and generally disgusting behaviour from many opposition supporters who actively wanted players suspended, simply because of their own dislike for Essendon. This was irrespective of the fact that it would damage the sport they follow, damage the league, and therefore damage their own clubs. Two years, Essendon fans have had to put up with this. I can tell you, it's been a quiet hell. I think you need to cut some slack.
I am a long term Storm member, and we are STILL getting labelled cheats and having every win questioned by the peanut gallery online.

There is no need to make yourselves look bad by whooping it up about this. A lot of supporters, who were concerned your club brought our game into the worst level of disrepute seen in it's history (not saying I'm part of that group) will feel aggrieved that they have been exonerated, and will likely see it as a powerful club getting away with breaking the rules. Those people, and even those on your side, may be completely turned off by supporters (right) relief turning into the sort of self righteous, self important carry on we are seeing here and online.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

prepared for it, and couldn't give a rats tossbag. Not even a fraction of a **** is given.

Why would it be?

You can call us cheats and we can call you cheats. And the best bit? Despite all this gnashing of teeth, in 3 weeks this will be virtually forgotten about, save in a few disillusioned opposition supporters heads :D
Of course you care

That's why you've spent every waking hour on this board for the past 2 years :D

Nobody will ever forget this scandal, or that your club was booted out of the 2013 finals and that Hird was suspended for 12 months. You're dreaming. It's been the biggest stain on the game since Essendon players were bribed to lose a match vs Footscray, the VFA premiers back in 1924.

Last edited by a moderator:
"The tribunal determined that there was insufficient evidence to uphold the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority's belief that the 34 past and present Bombers were injected with the banned drug Thymosin beta-4 during 2012"

Chain of evidence likely broke down at Dank. Always a strong possibility let it be done, no appeals please.

Thanks to the rational fans of all persuasions who have participated in the discussions and listened to the other side.

Good luck in coming season to EFC and especially their fans.

It took 7 pages to find some logic, and from a Carlton supporter no less.

INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE.

Maybe Essendon did, maybe they didn't.... but ultimately, it can't be said either way so banning them for taking prohibited substances is awfully difficult.

Instigated a perfectly legal supplement regime, which has been proven today. Cheers
Actually all that was proven today is the players did not take TB4, Jobe actually took a banned substance but unknown reasons caused him not to be charged for that and the supplements regime was judged to have had governance issues which the club and coach were found guilty of.

ex judges, not AFL staff

Im disappointed youve taken this tact. I would have been more than accepting of a guilty verdict
Ex judges working for whom?
You said the AFL didn't decide I just pointed out they were retained by the AFL were they not?

One very important aspect out of all of this is ...Are the AFL going to continue monitoring the health of Essendon players? They bloody better !!

ASADA_zpsrpoowivj.jpg
Ahhhh dodging facts again I see? Didn't you guys learn anything?

bigfooty verdict.png

The moral of the story?

As long as you source it from China, get it imported from convicted drug dealers, and fail to keep records of exactly what you inject your players with, everything is OK.
Exactly.
Don't forget to use legal system to block any tribunals until the offseason.

Wow, I am still a little bit shocked (like Jimmy). We had an open admission of TB4 use at EFC by Dank, in a national newspaper. If you can just say afterwards 'I'm meant something else actually'...why bother with any tribunal that would accept that.

Back in the 80's there was a claim that Hawthorn were sniffing an illegal liquid stimulant during breaks in the game.

Coach Kevin Sheedy chatted to police over his concerns, which resulted in a full-on drug squad investigation where detectives interviewed Hawthorn coach Allan Jeans (then a serving policeman) and Leigh Matthews.

Hawthorn were found not guilty (and rightly so) , just as Essendon have been (and rightly so).

Do you forever consider your own club a bunch of drug cheats?

To think you are even comparing the two.......

I love the comments about WADA stepping up. They somehow have more evidence than ASADA.
cartman-tears-o.gif

your tears are so yummy and sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back