Player Watch Edward Allan

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like he had a couple of instances of getting the ball and just taking off, which is great in terms of having the confidence to make the play and take the game on, and also displaying his pace.
Highlights look good. A bit of tyre pumping from Fly and being the carryover looks to have gotten the confidence up.

What part of this statement from Fly tells you he doesn’t haven’t faith in Allen?

Ed Allan

“He’s getting closer (to a debut). He was a carry over this week, so didn’t play to put his name up in lights a bit more, but he’s the fittest guy on our list. His GPS stuff is more than anyone else, he does higher speed running better than anyone in our team and we like to think there’s a place for that in our team.“
Sarcasm detector not working for some, the Ed Allen hate for a guy who hasn't played the game was getting ridiculous so I posted Fly's thoughts, I agree with the premiership coach, he's doing just fine.

Sarcasm detector not working for some, the Ed Allen hate for a guy who hasn't played the game was getting ridiculous so I posted Fly's thoughts, I agree with the premiership coach, he's doing just fine.
Why not just say that in the first place for those of us that aren't into sarcasm?

Looks like he had a couple of instances of getting the ball and just taking off, which is great in terms of having the confidence to make the play and take the game on, and also displaying his pace.

I haven't seen the game yet but that's something I expect to see more from him when he's actually starting centre square rather than on a wing.

Good to see he's getting close to a debut. Has clear AFL attributes and think he's one that will benefit from playing in a well structured side where he's not a main focus.
I think we’ve seen that happen with both Richards & Harrison. The step up in speed has seemed to help those two shine - like to think it could be so for Ed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm confident he's the type that will thrive at AFL level, think he'll be a lot more productive with quality around him. He's full of quality traits, feel like he just gets dragged down with the congestion and scrappiness at VFL level.

Fingers crossed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back