• No

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doc,
I agree with what you have stated are issues....
We have learnt nothing from history... Shaw when his coaching tenure came to an end only 10 years earlier had stated that in hindsight he should have undertaken an Assistant Coaching apprenticeship... yet we appointed Buckley with no experience...

My issue is with the entire Board in that they continually failed in the responsibilities of their role. My umbrage is the Lack of Governance and accountability within the Club by the Board:
Who was responsible for Geoff Walsh?.. Geoff Walsh was in charge of the Football Department. Everything that has occurred within the club occurred under his purview. It is quite clear he did sweet FA
List Management (Recruitment/ Salaries)
Salary Cap and the Treloar situation
Coaching (Assistant coaches/ development coaches/ game plan/ injury management) - lack of development
Jobs for the boys v. best available
If Walsh had done his role effectively would there have been a review in 2017

The Board allowing Eddie to run roughshod over them and treat the place like his own fiefdom
The Board allowing the Gubby Allen/ Neil Balme fiacso
The issue of racism within the club over a period of time occurred on the Board's watch

If the Board had performed their role with Integrity and had overseen the performance of all staff including the President and GM of Football we would not be in this position. The club is only as good as the Board in place. Culture starts from the top. It is difficult to create a culture without integrity.

Once Richmond got got their Board in place and started holding each member to account, removed the Old Boys Club and implemented Governance and appointed people based on merit rather than friendship it permeated down. Everybody being held to account

Our Board has failed the club. Walsh should have gone.... but that should have been the beginning, not the end. But under Ed's Presidency it is about deflecting blame and blaming its enemies in the media of being jealous.

Ed's legacy would have been substantial if our Board had controlled their President rather than the President controlling his Board. Ed should have had NO control or minimal involvement in any of the issues you highlighted other than the "Do Better" report. This was a cluster**** from the start.

He said at the start of the review that the club would be totally transparent...
However, when the report was received (and I assume once he read the report and learned how damning the findings were), he then reported the findings would be kept within the club...
The Board should have acted with integrity and acknowledged the findings and faced the consequences... But they did nothing
From that moment on they lost control of the situation. The the findings were then leaked...
Ed as did every other Board member speaking that day was given a script on which to read from...
Ed went off script...
Yes, the Board are just as culpable as Ed. but Ed made himself the face and voice of the Club, and surrounded himself with yes men & women. I'd like to see them all go.

Doc,
I agree with what you have stated are issues....
We have learnt nothing from history... Shaw when his coaching tenure came to an end only 10 years earlier had stated that in hindsight he should have undertaken an Assistant Coaching apprenticeship... yet we appointed Buckley with no experience...

Hang on, didn’t Buckley have an assistant coaching apprenticeship under Malthouse?

Who was responsible for Geoff Walsh?.. Geoff Walsh was in charge of the Football Department. Everything that has occurred within the club occurred under his purview. It is quite clear he did sweet FA

Wait, what?!?!?

We won a Premiership with Geoff Walsh in charge of the footy department during his first stint?

During his second stint he led a review into footy operations, and within 14 months we were playing in a grand final, and have played finals ever since.

Hardly sweet FA?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk about being out of touch with the rest of the community.

People literally can’t leave their homes after 9pm, and he’s whining about this sh*t.

Nah, he doesn’t seem to be whining or complaining about it at all.

He tried to get to the GF, couldn’t, he understands, he moves on.

Talk about being out of touch with the rest of the community.

People literally can’t leave their homes after 9pm, and he’s whining about this sh*t.

Seriously?

“I’m very conscious of the fact that so many people can’t get into Western Australian who are West Australians or who have stories that are far more important than getting to a Grand Final."

“I put in my application for one person, it was rejected electronically, we had been speaking to everyone from Channel 9 to Crown to Fox Footy to the WA Tourism to the Premier’s department and it ended up getting to the WA Police Chief who put the cross there,” he said.

“That’s his job. That’s his call and I respect all of that. I hope it’s a wonderful grand final. Get along Perth people.”

Seems the antithesis of what you suggest.

Seriously?

“I’m very conscious of the fact that so many people can’t get into Western Australian who are West Australians or who have stories that are far more important than getting to a Grand Final."

“I put in my application for one person, it was rejected electronically, we had been speaking to everyone from Channel 9 to Crown to Fox Footy to the WA Tourism to the Premier’s department and it ended up getting to the WA Police Chief who put the cross there,” he said.

“That’s his job. That’s his call and I respect all of that. I hope it’s a wonderful grand final. Get along Perth people.”

Seems the antithesis of what you suggest.
I was wrong.

I still stand by my belief this isn’t newsworthy.

Fair enough. It's just not newsworthy to me.

The intended audience of that article are probably our good brothers and sisters over on the western seaboard who would take great joy knowing that their government has found an excuse to keep out an establishment figure of one of the reviled eastern states.

And if snubbing Eddie McGuire from the GF takes them one step closer to seceding, then even better.

The intended audience of that article are probably our good brothers and sisters over on the western seaboard who would take great joy knowing that their government has found an excuse to keep out an establishment figure of one of the reviled eastern states.

And if snubbing Eddie McGuire from the GF takes them one step closer to seceding, then even better.
Will certainly be no loss, arrogance born of servile submissiveness to mining consortiums.

Going to be hilarious when the iron ore billions dry up and the mining moguls withdraw their financial support to the muppets who support their agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back