Eastside Hockey Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 28, 2000
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
I would say a few people would be playing this on this board and seeing as there is a Football Manger thread on the computer board thought might get one started up here.
Currently playing at the Pens (of course) and into my forth season at the moment.

Just a quick rundown on my career so far:
2005-06
82 games plan
21 wins
52 losses
9 overtime losses
181 goals for
272 goals against
51 points
15th position

2006-07
82 games plan
31 wins
47 losses
4 overtime losses
229 goals for
298 goals against
66 points
14th position

2007-08
82 games plan
38 wins
37 losses
7 overtime losses
249 goals for
287 goals against
83 points
10th position

Just on the last season sacked Olczyk about halfway through the season as we were really struggling lossing quite a few during Feb and early March before I decided enough was enough, promoted Mario from assistant coach as has quite good coaching stats and was better than second coice of Brendan Shanahan, just. Had an excellent finish to the season and was a chance for a playoff spot during the last couple of games but just missed out.

2008-09
Season was really struggling again at the start going 6-9-1 at the start and the board were starting to question me and the fans were calling for my head. Needed to get something happening or I'd be looking for a new job, seached the Free agents and found Jagr was actually unsigned so snapped him up quick start and the fans rejoiced at a quality signing.
Had the desired result for the team as we won the next 9 games.
Sid had been struggling early also and was less than 7 in his average ratings with only 7 points. Ended up being a rating of 7.96 after the season so got a fantastic result from the pick up with him scoring 95 points from 74 games.
Have finished the regular season with a record of:

82 games plan
57 wins
22 losses
3 overtime losses
321 goals for
253 goals against
117 points
2nd position

Current lines:
J.Madden - S.Crosby - J.Jagr
Z.Palffy - E.Malkin - M.Hedjuk
R.Malone - R.Stone - J.Lehtinen
S.Veileux - M.Talbot - M.Frolik

F.Tyutin - D.Morris
R.Whitney - N.Boynton
T.Brett - B.Orpik

M.Andre-Fleury - J.Grahame

Derek Morris was picked up via a trade with the Maples Leafs while he was IR with a couple of months to go, was traded for with the main intention of being ready for the playoffs, is now day to day with the first match up a few days away against Washington.

I've got the older version of EHM. I really need to get my hands on the newer one.
In the more recent one you can scout players from Australia. It's pretty funny coz some of my friends are in the game but their attributes and sizes are nothing like in real life. One of my friends is about 5'10, 165lbs but in the game he is 6'6, 225lbs.
I used to be hooked on this game and need to get back into it.

Also had the original one Vic Crow.

Finished playing the Capitals in the quarter finals. They won the first 2 matches 5-3 and 5-4 with the 2nd in overtime and we were in a bit of trouble with Palffy and Hedjuk both being injured for about a week each.
Won game 3 4-2 before again losing in overtime 5-4 in game 4 and were down 3 games to 1 in the series and looking shaky. Won 3-0 in the next and then 4-2 in game 6 to square the series at 3 all and force a game 7.
The worse thing to come out of Game 6 though was the season ending injury to Jagr, out for 3 months. After Jagr kick starteed our season could we get by without him.

Started off well in game 7 with Frolik scoring 3 mins 50 into the 1st period. Scores stayed like that till the end of the first. Ric Jackman whom I had traded during the season then hit back scoring 1 and assiting on another to have the Caps finished the 2nd in front 2-1.
Ovechkin scored shot handed to open the 3rd and we were looking on having out season ended there and then.
But it wasn't overe there, Frolik scored again and when Boynton scored with 5 mins to go it was all tied up and stayed that way till the end.
2 mins 15 into overtime Fehr for the Caps got a penalty and 22 secs into the penalty Crosby put the game in the bag scoring on the powerplay to take us through to the conference semis against the Canadiens.

Yeah I have EHM 2005, good game. Because I was without a hope, I felt like drafting Tommy Powell from Melbourne. I think he's the best player on that game from Aus, and he plays for melbourne, so made sense to me.

It's pretty hard as a pens fan, cause the game is reasonably slow, and the Pens suck :(
Have to admit, I rather playing the actual game of hockey, than simply managing it.

I think Joey Hughes is the highest ranked Australian, but you won't find him in the Australian league because he's based in North America. I think it's the same deal with goaltender, Matt Ezzy, even though he has now moved back to Australia.

Swept the Canadiens 5-2, 6-5 ot, 2-1 ot 4-3 to move onto face the Pesidents Cup winners the Senators were beat them in 7 games with the final victory being 2-1. The 3 goals all being in the last 10 mins with Crosby scoring the game winner with 39 seconds left in regular time.

Marns you should be happy with this as we beat the Mighty Ducks 4 games to 1 to win our 3rd Stanley Cup. Sid won the Conn Smythe as most valuable in the playoffs with 31 points in his 23 games.

Might have trouble keeping Jagr though as he only signed a one year deal and hasn't want to re-sign as yet.

Lethal said:
Swept the Canadiens 5-2, 6-5 ot, 2-1 ot 4-3 to move onto face the Pesidents Cup winners the Senators were beat them in 7 games with the final victory being 2-1. The 3 goals all being in the last 10 mins with Crosby scoring the game winner with 39 seconds left in regular time.

Marns you should be happy with this as we beat the Mighty Ducks 4 games to 1 to win our 3rd Stanley Cup. Sid won the Conn Smythe as most valuable in the playoffs with 31 points in his 23 games.

Might have trouble keeping Jagr though as he only signed a one year deal and hasn't want to re-sign as yet.
Any way to maybe convert that into real life?

Marns said:
Any way to maybe convert that into real life?
Lethal said:
Current lines:
J.Madden - S.Crosby - J.Jagr
Z.Palffy - E.Malkin - M.Hedjuk
R.Malone - R.Stone - J.Lehtinen
S.Veileux - M.Talbot - M.Frolik

F.Tyutin - D.Morris
R.Whitney - N.Boynton
T.Brett - B.Orpik

M.Andre-Fleury - J.Grahame
I would say no. Especially Palffy. :p

A question for all.....

Does anybody belong to an EHM Online league? I am in 4 currently, most of them based in Canada.

I email my lines and instruction for the sims and communicate with other GMs via a message board similar to ones like BF.

So much more difficult than the CPU.

We are always looking for experienced GMs to join the leagues. Let me know if interested.

someone's gotta set me up with this game, i dabbled with EHM back in 01 or 02 i think, but it didnt grab me, but from description above, it sounds a ripper now. where do i go, who do i deal with, fill me in, i wanna try out EHM.....again

jimmy_clement#8 said:
someone's gotta set me up with this game, i dabbled with EHM back in 01 or 02 i think, but it didnt grab me, but from description above, it sounds a ripper now. where do i go, who do i deal with, fill me in, i wanna try out EHM.....again
You can download the demo from http://www.sigames.com and either purchase it from there also or get a crack on the net. I prefered to pay for a game such as this, keep em making more.

And Marns, would be nice, there is afterall a GM opening seeing as Patricks gone. Maybe I should try for that:p ;)

I assume you're talking about the older version. If so, head to http://fhockey.com/ . You can download the game there, and just about every patch imaginable. There's also a lot of help in the forums if you need it.

I downloaded EHM back in 2000-01, played it for about a month and got rid of it for some reason (I think because of an error). Downloaded it again after about a year and a half and got hooked on it. Played for about 30 seasons, or something stupid like that, over about the next year, but haven't played it since. I was in a league for about two months at one stage, but I got tired of people bugging me about trades, so I quit.

I downloaded the demo of the newest version, but it didn't hook me as much as the older version.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i really into this game at the moment.

im managing the kitchener rangers in the ohl and have gone through three seasons. last year i had accumulated 3 2nd round picks and played those players last year and we got the western conference finals, so i am setting myself up for a title run in either 08 or 09

Bump

Now in my second season, we're I think 11th in the Conference and starting to turn things around.
1. Ovechkin - Peca - Guerin
2. Lemieux - Malkin - Recchi

Solid first two lines. Kinda falls away a bit in the 3rd and 4th lines, but it's not too bad. I've picked up some decent players at the Waiver draft in the last two seasons too - Denis Hamel, Andrew Ference, and Steve Begin.
Had to give up 2 draft picks, and our 4th round player from last year, but I think it'll be worth it.

Marns, Ference never does anything for me, starts off well thenstruggles for me. Oh well didn't need him much anyway;)
Did you trade away Sid for Ovechkin?

Have decided to take a break from my Penguins game, have just finished the 2013-14 season. Won 2 cups now, Presidents trophy last 3 seasons including 131 points during the 2012-13 season. Have been bringing in a couple of veterans for a season but have mostly built the side around Crosby, Malone with Malkin being support on the 2nd line. Sids current stats being 463g-494a-957 regular season points with 78g-78a-156 points in playoffs.
Fleury currently has 320 wins and is going strong....Brodeur is still going at age 42 and has 743 wins:eek:

Anyways have started a new game in the AHL with WBS Penguins and are 2nd in the division at the moment lagging behind Hersey. Want to try and get into the NHL this way, Shall be a bit more difficult as got to rely on the Penguins to provide me with the right sorts of players while trying to unearth some other gems.

Marns said:
Bump

Now in my second season, we're I think 11th in the Conference and starting to turn things around.
1. Ovechkin - Peca - Guerin
2. Lemieux - Malkin - Recchi

Solid first two lines. Kinda falls away a bit in the 3rd and 4th lines, but it's not too bad. I've picked up some decent players at the Waiver draft in the last two seasons too - Denis Hamel, Andrew Ference, and Steve Begin.
Had to give up 2 draft picks, and our 4th round player from last year, but I think it'll be worth it.
What happened to SID?!

Good job with the pens, lethal.

I traded pick number 1 in both 2006 and 2008, and my 4th round player from last years draft for Ovechkin. My next project is getting Sid, he's at Minny. I take it there isn't a lottery, because the last two times I've made it this far, the bottom team gets #1.

EDIT: I should say, VC, that I'm playing a non-updated version of EHM. I can't d/l the updates because my copy is...err...well, not very real ;)

Marns said:
EDIT: I should say, VC, that I'm playing a non-updated version of EHM. I can't d/l the updates because my copy is...err...well, not very real ;)
I just figured he went the way of Alexandre Daigle and was beating around the third line. If that was the case I didn't know EHM could tell the future. ;)

I wanna get this game, but I'm on dialup which means downloading it is totally out of the question.:( I love the Championship Manager series so I know EHM will be good. Anybody know how to get hold of a physical copy?:)

Herbs said:
I wanna get this game, but I'm on dialup which means downloading it is totally out of the question.:( I love the Championship Manager series so I know EHM will be good. Anybody know how to get hold of a physical copy?:)
I picked up the older version in EB Games for about $20. I haven't seen the newer one though.
BTW, I think the 'older' one is from about 2002 or so and the 'newer' one is about 2004. :confused:
I've used to have the demo for the more recent one and it's cool because it's got Australian teams in it, though for you Brissy boys I'm scratching my head to remember if it included the Blue Tongues (and Rhinos for that matter) because that game was developed around the same time those two teams entered the AIHL.

Looking at screenshots for NHL Eastside Manager 2007, un-F^#*@!g-believable. Bloody Football Manager, but for hockey freaks. I'd love to purchase it, it looks worth the $$$, but in the interum, I'm dl'ing it by not very legal means. It looks a game we should all be playing. Looks nothing like the old EHM I played years ago.

Here's just one, for the many Pens fans:

1515.jpg

My copy of FM07 came with a free setup.exe for EHM07. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back