East Gippsland Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

How Chris Blandford holding up in the ruck Lindenow Cat? Is the team lacking height around the ground this year? How is big Aaron Love shaping up in the two's? Any chance of a seniors call up if he worked harder on the track?

Blando going really well, said he was struggling early on just knowing where to position himself, but he has pretty quickly worked it out. Same as last year with a lack of big fellas, not sure about Lovey, have to do a bit more in the magoos first. He just has to let it flow. ;)

On a happy note, Paynesville won their first match since rejoining the EGFL yesterday - first win for I'm not sure, 4 or 5 years against Orbost. Was only a matter of time til they rolled someone, just glad it wasn't us! Bairnsdale scrape in for their 2nd 1 point win of the year against Wy Yung.

I used to play in the under 13s a while ago in the EGFL just wondering how my old mate Matthew Hill is traveling down there and if he's still playing for the swampies? Does Brent Henderson and John Dick play in the league anymore??

yes i would like to say well done Paynesville last week to but our boys disapointing again against Orbost they ran us of our feet and we are struggling with alot of new faces, we had 5 out of the best senior side but no excuses well done to Orbost bounced back after a interesting week last week. Kade Strickland was fantastic in the ruck after big Dyno went down for us. Big test next two weeks with Wy Yung and Bairnsdale coming up

81 - Vic - Balliang-Rowsley (Bacchus Marsh & Melton FA) - 1936-48
75 - Vic - Swan Reach (Bairnsdale DFL) - 1969-73
69 - Vic - Redan (Ballarat FL) - 1996-99
68 - Vic – Korong Vale (Loddon Valley FL) - 1982-86
64 - Vic - Wunghnu (Picola DFL) - 2000-03
62 - Vic – Deans Marsh (Polwarth FL) – 1954-57
59 – Vic – Geelong West CFC – (Geelong DFL) – 2001-04
58 – Vic – East Belmont/Belmont Lions – (Geelong DFL) – 1995-99
57 - Vic - Moonambel (Lexton FL) 1980-83
56 - Vic - Moyston (Ararat DFA) - 1996-99
55 - Vic - Birregurra (Polwarth FL/Colac DFL) – 1962-67
51 - Vic - St Kilda (VFA/VFL) - 1896-99
51 - Vic - University (VFL) - 1912-14
51 – Vic – Allansford Imperials (Purnim FL) – 1954-56
51 - Vic – Rokewood-Corindhap (Western Plains FL) 1971-74
51 - Vic - Paynesville (Riviera/East Gippsland FL) - 2003-07

current streaks still going

51 - Vic - Inglewood (Loddon Valley FL) - 2003-07
49 - Vic – North Warrnambool (Hampden FL) – 2004-07

That's some fantastic work! Todman has more data than you can poke a stick at.

(that's kind of a poor analogy cause its difficult to poke a stick at even small amounts of data... especially in recent years where our attention levels have dropped so low ...)

Well, lets just say that Todman has footy history ... something chronic!

(ological)

Can anyone tell me if McKean played for Lakes on the weekend??
Heard he has gone back there to play.
If so, how did he go?

Can anyone tell me if McKean played for Lakes on the weekend??
Heard he has gone back there to play.
If so, how did he go?

i am a new player at lakes what would Mckean nickname be if it is chuck yes it is. the big ruckman is back in the two's playing CHF

i am a new player at lakes what would Mckean nickname be if it is chuck yes it is. the big ruckman is back in the two's playing CHF

apparently he kicked 4 that week, but hasnt played since!

slosha is his nickname. Well it used to be when i knew him.:thumbsu:

Seems like Lakes Entrance is struggling to hold on to the talented Kids That come through there juniors. It has been this way for many years down there but it looks like the lack of schooling and job opportunity's has cost the town. The cricket side will find itself in the same predicament this year as well. Here is food for thought just amongst my mates alone you had Levi Moss (Vic Country Rep as well), Brent Cowell(East Perth) Michael Allen, Nathan Allen, David McKean, Chris Irvin, Chris Hatfield, Kevin Watson, Ross McNamara, Ashley Rowlands, Glenn Jobe(still at lakes) and myself. 3 of those players won Senior best and fariest's at lakes before the age of 20. And all of us played seniors at the age of 17. All are now 27 and in there football prime and playing seniors in good melbourne comps. But i suppose thats what is happening to a lot of country teams. Being an ex Lakes Boy it is sad to see that paynesville rolled them on the weekend and there position on the ladder. Hopefully Murray Malthouse can go on the big recruiting drive over the off season.

Seems like Lakes Entrance is struggling to hold on to the talented Kids That come through there juniors. It has been this way for many years down there but it looks like the lack of schooling and job opportunity's has cost the town. The cricket side will find itself in the same predicament this year as well. Here is food for thought just amongst my mates alone you had Levi Moss (Vic Country Rep as well), Brent Cowell(East Perth) Michael Allen, Nathan Allen, David McKean, Chris Irvin, Chris Hatfield, Kevin Watson, Ross McNamara, Ashley Rowlands, Glenn Jobe(still at lakes) and myself. 3 of those players won Senior best and fariest's at lakes before the age of 20. And all of us played seniors at the age of 17. All are now 27 and in there football prime and playing seniors in good melbourne comps. But i suppose thats what is happening to a lot of country teams. Being an ex Lakes Boy it is sad to see that paynesville rolled them on the weekend and there position on the ladder. Hopefully Murray Malthouse can go on the big recruiting drive over the off season.

There just isnt enough jobs/further education opportunites down that way and it is something that will continue to happen. They will always have the 16 - 19 year olds, and the 27 + players but they will always have a big gap in betwwen unless they recruit people of this age bracket.
Solution?? No idea, and i think it will continue to happen

Any solution Smuu??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There just isnt enough jobs/further education opportunites down that way and it is something that will continue to happen. They will always have the 16 - 19 year olds, and the 27 + players but they will always have a big gap in betwwen unless they recruit people of this age bracket.
Solution?? No idea, and i think it will continue to happen

Any solution Smuu??
Mate we need a uni or a new sustainable industry in East Gippsland. It's the only way you will get kids to stay. I would love to move back home but with no long term job security and a young family there is no future back there. And it's unfortunate because most of the time the football club is a pivotal part of the community in a country town. Money talks alot these days as well, there is big dollars to be made in footy in Melbourne, some clubs paying $500 plus a game to do something you would probably do for nothing back home.

Mate we need a uni or a new sustainable industry in East Gippsland. It's the only way you will get kids to stay. I would love to move back home but with no long term job security and a young family there is no future back there. And it's unfortunate because most of the time the football club is a pivotal part of the community in a country town. Money talks alot these days as well, there is big dollars to be made in footy in Melbourne, some clubs paying $500 plus a game to do something you would probably do for nothing back home.

Definatly something needed down there, but will it ever happen?:confused:

I dont think it will, as much as i and the locals im sure would love it too.

At the moment i think the only way to compete against the b'dales etc.. is to recruit a good player, be prepared to fork out some $$$ and hopefully attract a few along the way with him, and get everyone on baord.
Like the flag they won in '03'.

Definatly something needed down there, but will it ever happen?:confused:

I dont think it will, as much as i and the locals im sure would love it too.

At the moment i think the only way to compete against the b'dales etc.. is to recruit a good player, be prepared to fork out some $$$ and hopefully attract a few along the way with him, and get everyone on baord.
Like the flag they won in '03'.

Lakes seem to have the talent there but the problem is they are all playing in the reserves which is a shame. They have at least 8-10 players that could play seniors but they dont want to. These players are in the peak of there career but still do not want to play seniors that is the problem

Lakes seem to have the talent there but the problem is they are all playing in the reserves which is a shame. They have at least 8-10 players that could play seniors but they dont want to. These players are in the peak of there career but still do not want to play seniors that is the problem

They still wouldnt compete with the likes of Bairnsdale even if these players played 1's though.

I have a fair idea of the players you are talking about and still think it wouldnt make too much difference.

They have some good young players coming through, some already playing seniors, but the next few years is where the problem starts, trying to keep them.

I know precisely what you boys are talking about, i'm 17 an have been playin seniors since i was 16 but i'm moving off next year to the city for uni aswell

our problem this year has been the reliance on young blokes, recruiting was almost non existent in the off season which is a shame because we lost half of our best 22 last season

I know precisely what you boys are talking about, i'm 17 an have been playin seniors since i was 16 but i'm moving off next year to the city for uni aswell

our problem this year has been the reliance on young blokes, recruiting was almost non existent in the off season which is a shame because we lost half of our best 22 last season

Gday Kel. Its something that has always happened, players leaving for further education purposes etc.. Things happen in cycles but the only way they can compete (im sure they compete, but im talking compete for the flag) is by recruiting some players and being prepared to fork out a little to get them. A town of that size should be one of the forces in the competition.

Gday Kel. Its something that has always happened, players leaving for further education purposes etc.. Things happen in cycles but the only way they can compete (im sure they compete, but im talking compete for the flag) is by recruiting some players and being prepared to fork out a little to get them. A town of that size should be one of the forces in the competition.

yes this would be a great move to purchase some players. I remember in 2003 you got a player by the name of Rohan Best from Goulburn Valley league he went alright didn't he

played for poowong last year, old trigger. nothing special.

Nothing special?? Helped Lakes win a flag in '03' and im pretty sure he's playing for St Pauls East Bentleigh and kicked 15 on saturday in the Southern League div 1. Pretty good standard. Still goes pretty well.

Nothing special?? Helped Lakes win a flag in '03' and im pretty sure he's playing for St Pauls East Bentleigh and kicked 15 on saturday in the Southern League div 1. Pretty good standard. Still goes pretty well.

really? well for poowong last year he wasnt bad, but nothing spectacular. had no help from injuries though, mind you.

He was injured a lot last year i think. Kicked a fair few at devon meadows a couple of years back in the casey league. Prob a better standard than southern.

He was injured a lot last year i think. Kicked a fair few at devon meadows a couple of years back in the casey league. Prob a better standard than southern.
Preety close standard to casey, he is leading the goal kicking in Division One, and ripping it up in a top two side. Saw him at Lakes in 03 and he dominated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back