East Fremantle Sharks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys, good luck tomorrow. Unfortunately, I think you are gonna get Peeled as we were in 2016, 2017 and this year. I have articulated what happened to us below as I feel it's gonna happen to you tomorrow. I really hope you win as you deserve it.

If you look at 2016 we were minor premiers on 16 wins, South were second on 15 wins, West Perth third on 13 wins and Peel fourth on 11 wins. Peel beat East Perth by 39 points in the elimination final, the West Perth by 60 in the fist semi final, South by 39 in the Prelim and Subi by 21 in the GF including 5 goals by ex Subi Docker Shane Yarran.

In 2017 we were minor premiers again on 19 wins, with South on 16 then Peel on 12. In the Qualifying final they beat South by 28 points and the beat Subi by 28 in the Second Semi Final. They beat Subi in the GF by 16 points with Dockers Darcy, Ryan, Nyhuis, Suban, Pearce and Taberner too strong.

So how does a side that won 35 of 40 games over two seasons not win a flag and a side that won 23 out of 40 games win successive flags.

Big strong Dockers brought in for finals!

When the integrity of the competition was threatened by Subi's ability to recruit ex AFL players, it was closed by recruiting points. Why isn't there also a mechanism implemented to restrain Peel's use of Dockers players?

On the premiership cup it should say Peel Dockers.
Cry more

This team isn't anything like those sides

Peel are not even playing their max amount of Dockers players

They're running with like 5 genuine AFL players, Hamling, Brodie, Colyer (delisted), Wilson (delisted) and O'driscoll(arguable this one, has been worst on in all the finals)

They've got state league players in Wagner, Emmett, Corbett

Youngsters who have played 3 or less games in Reidy, Worner (doesn't cut AFL level), Davies

Apart from Hamling and Brodie, Peels best players consistently are Peel players, Bell, Wemm, Middleton, Blight, Anderson

Peel have Knobel, Draper, Stanley and Williams sitting out of the finals even though they qualified

The mighty sharks are going to roll them tomorrow and if they don't, it's not going to be some big conspiracy

Would like to hear your thoughts on Werribee rolling the Lions in the VFL last week?

Mine is a perfectly logical point of view you don't agree with. That said, there is merit in your view many of the Dockers have played for much of the year, but they are still elite players including the young guys. Their bodies are better developed and they are fitter than WAFL players.

Peel without the dockers would be bottom half of the table every season.

I also hope you get a premiership tomorrow as it has been a long wait as an East Fremantle and Dockers supporter. I think this is your best chance to win one in the near future as I suspect the Dockers will contend but not win one as it is the hardest gig in the league to win a premiership from Perth.

I hope the Dockers get a premiership with the awesome young list they have. I just suspect a culture of near enough is good enough and being a plucky battler will hold you back.

I watched the prelim and felt:

Back line: Wilson, Davies and Hamling were big AFL bodies down back and we couldn't pass them like Ryan and Nyhuis

Midfield bull Brodie was too good.

Up front Josh Corbett and Tom Emmett were too strong.

Our best Player Clarke was double teamed with one a big AFL body in Reidy.

But I also though Bell and Middleton were awesome.

Good luck.

Mine is a perfectly logical point of view you don't agree with. That said, there is merit in your view many of the Dockers have played for much of the year, but they are still elite players including the young guys. Their bodies are better developed and they are fitter than WAFL players.

Peel without the dockers would be bottom half of the table every season.

I also hope you get a premiership tomorrow as it has been a long wait as an East Fremantle and Dockers supporter. I think this is your best chance to win one in the near future as I suspect the Dockers will contend but not win one as it is the hardest gig in the league to win a premiership from Perth.

I hope the Dockers get a premiership with the awesome young list they have. I just suspect a culture of near enough is good enough and being a plucky battler will hold you back.

I watched the prelim and felt:

Back line: Wilson, Davies and Hamling were big AFL bodies down back and we couldn't pass them like Ryan and Nyhuis

Midfield bull Brodie was too good.

Up front Josh Corbett and Tom Emmett were too strong.

Our best Player Clarke was double teamed with one a big AFL body in Reidy.

But I also though Bell and Middleton were awesome.

Good luck.
It was a logical point back in 2017 when they had 17 players and they had played the majority of footy at AFL level

I'd be surprised if any of the Peel guys played more than 5 games at AFL level this year

Maybe Wagner?

Reidy 0
Colyer 0
Wilson 2-3
Hamling 5ish
Davies 0
Brodie 5ish
Emmett 2
Corbett 3?
O'driscoll (Okay he probably played 10+ but he was so bad and only in the team as our wingers keep leaving us)
Worner 3

They're just rough guesses but id say they are fairly accurate

its completely different to 2017, the rules have been changed, this Peel side is the one that has been playing all year, the one that finished 3rd (Peel actually had more Freo players throughout the year as Draper and Wilson don't count in H&A due to a rule they were drafted from Peel)

The mighty Sharks have beaten them this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still a lot of buzz post that EF win v Peel. Going to be an interesting Lynn Medal night.....Murdock getting injured again during the season might result in an Eardley, HMarsh or Turner pipping Buddha at the post.

I see ex EF colt F&B and WCER Josh Browne is back on EF list....no Lester-Smith though and a few reserves depth boys. A couple of over age colts in Spadanuda, Otto, Wills, Zadow and Anderson added to the senior list.

Going to be an interesting off season player wise, especially post that apparent off field indiscretion by EF TPP wise.

Can't see much coming in, maybe Strnadica, depending on work commitments I guess. Teakle surely will get picked up as an AFL back up ruck somewhere. Not sure the contract status of Sharp(GCS) and Ruscoe(Coll). Also I wonder if Jed Hagan may wander back from the SANFL....Can't see Port offering him an AFL lifeline now.

I guess Tassone and Boekhorst could be considered as recruits after their season out injuries.

Still a lot of buzz post that EF win v Peel. Going to be an interesting Lynn Medal night.....Murdock getting injured again during the season might result in an Eardley, HMarsh or Turner pipping Buddha at the post.

I see ex EF colt F&B and WCER Josh Browne is back on EF list....no Lester-Smith though and a few reserves depth boys. A couple of over age colts in Spadanuda, Otto, Wills, Zadow and Anderson added to the senior list.

Going to be an interesting off season player wise, especially post that apparent off field indiscretion by EF TPP wise.

Can't see much coming in, maybe Strnadica, depending on work commitments I guess. Teakle surely will get picked up as an AFL back up ruck somewhere. Not sure the contract status of Sharp(GCS) and Ruscoe(Coll). Also I wonder if Jed Hagan may wander back from the SANFL....Can't see Port offering him an AFL lifeline now.

I guess Tassone and Boekhorst could be considered as recruits after their season out injuries.
Sharp likely to sign with Freo

Ruscoe should get delisted though

First notable out over the off season - Hugh Dixon now off EF playing list - apparently playing for the Southport Sharks in the expanded VFL comp....still lingers another crack at the AFL I guess.

Obviously a loss, but good luck to the fella on his next adventure....bit of a nomad....job done as far as I am concerned with that recent EF flag win.

Not sure the go with Teakle or Strnadica, but either one coming back in 2024 would easily replace the role Dixon played this year.

Apparently Boekhorst playing on, sounds like Hagan is coming back and Ruscoe too, despite the off season attentions of neighbour's in SF and Perth.

Not sure of any more possible ins/outs, but no doubt more will come to light over the coming months.

Good luck to all in with a shout at the Lynn Medal tonight....Eardley for me, with Turner as the roughie. Sadly injury, curtailing any hope of a Buddha back to back. Blakiston a strong chance to win the reserves F&B and well done to Mitch Zadow on his colts F&B win earlier in the week.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back